v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Fair enough - I got it in my head that it had to be a forward pass but I'm probably confusing it with a rule in another sport. 

I was confused by this so looked it up:

If you read the offside rule carefuly, it states that the player recieving the ball must be behind the second last defender or the ball.

As long as the player is behind the ball, it doesn’t matter if there are any defenders between him and the goal line.

Whenever there’s a 2v1 situation between two attacking players and the goal keeper, you will often see the player in possession play a square ball to his team mate to score an easy goal.

Often, this pass is played backwards which leads people to believe that is what’s making the play onside. However, it’s the fact that the player is behind the ball that makes it onside, not the direction of the pass.

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't understand that. 'Like getting personal' - Petting? Being insulting? If you do feel to need to touch colleagues up or slag them off, it's probably best if you keep it to yourself anyway. Not great for morale.

By accusing me of not being adult in the workplace,  Now your continuing . You have form for this to be honest so for the first time i'm going to put someone on block . Prefer people are aware, as i'm always upfront, rather than congratulate them on promotion if I don't care much for them. Ta Ra.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

He seems to be doing OK to me especially holding the ball when under pressure.

I think the problem in games like this against a very mobile opposition is that Martins lack of mobility puts a huge amount of stress on the midfield who get overrun trying to get up around him when we have the ball and close down around him when we don’t have the ball. 

There are games where he’s a useful option, I’m not sure this is one of those games

Just now, Srg said:

FTFY

Really I’ve not seen anyone defending hom today. He’s done no worse or better than anyone but yet his names been mentioned more than anyone? There’s been bigger errors that’s let them in on goal?

Well that was a boring 45mins...

The odd good moment from us has been when either Rooney or Sibley have ran with the ball and tried to make something happen. I'm a big Martin fan usually, but it's just not sticking when we get it to him at the minute.

And for duck's sake someone shoot! It's Kiko Casilla in goal, not Peter Schmeichel!

Just now, Ramarena said:

I think the problem in games like this against a very mobile opposition is that Martins lack of mobility puts a huge amount of stress on the midfield who get overrun trying to get up around him when we have the ball and close down around him when we don’t have the ball. 

There are games where he’s a useful option, I’m not sure this is one of those games

You're right but, on the other hand it's useful to have a player who can receive the ball and hold on to it. Can't we have a player that can do both??

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I do hope we change the tempo of our game next season. This slow and tedious passing around the back and achieving nothing is getting quite painful to watch....

Impossible to do anything else when your forward players lose the ball 80 of the time a ball is played to them, your central midfield has 2 players without any pace and your wingers spend most of their time chasing down the opposition.

Leeds know how we play, yep, it’s still into Martin who tries to hold it up. So predicable and slow. Waghorn has offered nothing, and it would be no different if Lawrence hadn’t overrun the ball and took a tumble. There is zero movement up front, all Leeds need to do is mark Sibley, Bird and Rooney and that’s it. With no pace up top there is no long ball outlet either. The end result is the ball gets passed round the back and it’s dull. 

on the plus side, Cocu wants a striker and a winger... exactly what we need. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

By accusing me of not being adult in the workplace,  Now your continuing . You have form for this to be honest so for the first time i'm going to put someone on block . Prefer people are aware, as i'm always upfront, rather than congratulate them on promotion if I don't care much for them. Ta Ra.

Being 'personal' in work is not adult behaviour. It would soon lead to disciplinary hearings, warnings and so on.

Well that was a shocking game of football all round. Focusing purely on us, it seems most of our players aren’t arsed at all by this game. Not an awful performance, but very lacklustre. Not showing the sort of fight and desire I want to see against Leeds. Giving them far too much respect. Need to get into them and be far stronger on the ball in the second half. Not really laid a glove on them so far which is very disappointing. Far too many loose passes through a lack of focus, and again a total lack of movement. Come on Derby, at least act like you care!

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Really I’ve not seen anyone defending hom today. He’s done no worse or better than anyone but yet his names been mentioned more than anyone? There’s been bigger errors that’s let them in on goal?

All I'm seeing Bogle being blamed for everything.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

You’ve commented on nothing else all half!!

what do you want me to say hes having a great game. Its a board to comment on games match day thread and about 10 other people have mentioned him. Go back to other match days thread I don't even mention him at all. If it was anyone else you wouldn't of piped up because Martin is a god because of one season where he was unplayable. Times change in about 4 years go into your back pocket and get him a statue done outsidr the ground. I love Martin but he isn't the answer anymore and if by standing around throwing your arms up moaning or losing the ball im going to comment on it as I would rather see someone else play who would benefit the team or benefit from experience 

Archived