Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point do we start to look at Mel and the decision makers at the club? In the last few pages of this thread I haven’t seen an ounce of criticism, even though this whole situation seems to have been unavoidable. 

I guess it depends on the outcome, but in future I hope Mel has learned to avoid financial loop holes and to simply spend within our means.

As for the loan, hopefully that is the new investment in the club that we’ve all been promised, although it is quite hard to tell without the details of the loan.

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

At what point do we start to look at Mel and the decision makers at the club? In the last few pages of this thread I haven’t seen an ounce of criticism, even though this whole situation seems to have been unavoidable. 

I think you may need to have a look at the definition of the word 'unavoidable'. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think we are in major financial difficulty. I think this will be the case for nearly all football clubs outside the premier league. Fortunately we can rest easy because of the strength of the football league’s governing body who constantly strive towards excellence in supporting the interests of their members.

I opted for crying with laughter on the basis that you havr to laugh or you would cry and the farce that is the EFL.

This is the kind of thing that the Derby Telegraph should be reporting on.

But instead we get an article about Ben Pringle getting a new club.

And Niasse (who apparently turned his down at some point in the last few years) being linked to a team that has just got promoted.

Absolute joke of a paper.

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

And Niasse (who apparently turned his down at some point in the last few years) being linked to a team that has just got promoted.

I would expect that the DET would deliver a little deeper than simply reading that a charge had been registered on a company. That in itself means little, it's not journalism to just have an alert set up on companies house. Companies borrow and lend to each other all of the time.

5 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I would expect that the DET would deliver a little deeper than simply reading that a charge had been registered on a company. That in itself means little, it's not journalism to just have an alert set up on companies house. Companies borrow and lend to each other all of the time.

Yes I agree.

But surely they could publish an article to say that Derby had borrowed and there will be more to follow.

Surely that's more important than telling us Ben Pringle has signed for Morecambe?

35 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

but in future I hope Mel has learned to avoid financial loop holes and to simply spend within our means.

That's all well and good, but the fans that whine about us living beyond our means will then be the first to criticise him for lacking ambition when we are signing lower league players.

Just an aside. Nick De Marco recently won the case for Stevenage where the EFL charged them and sought a points deduction and fine for breach of EFL regs 31.1 and 3.4.

Interesting that the charge was brought by the EFL against Stevenage after Stevenage were given approval to postpone by...yes you guessed it...the EFL themselves.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yes I agree.

But surely they could publish an article to say that Derby had borrowed and there will be more to follow.

Surely that's more important than telling us Ben Pringle has signed for Morecambe?

It really isn't news mate - Derby take a 'loan' from someone? Or is it investment. Like I said, loans are commonplace, people move cash around, as I've said previously, it wouldn't always be prudent for Mel to liquidise and asset for cash so he would borrow it....

This mythical DET (there's been no such thing as the Derby Evening Telegraph since 2009) do whatever their owners Trinity Mirror tell them to do.

There's no point raging against the local newspaper when it isn't a local newspaper, they'll have very little choice in the style of things they report or how in-depth it is, they've got to sacrifice their integrity to keep their overlords happy.

It's a trash paper owned by a trash paper group.

27 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We will in about 12 hours with some clickbait headline

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

That's all well and good, but the fans that whine about us living beyond our means will then be the first to criticise him for lacking ambition when we are signing lower league players.

+1

Also see what half a season of being a bottom half Championship club did to some people on here. The knives were out by November, and the histrionics? Don't remind me.

A number of people in the past who've said they're not really bothered about us getting into the PL, saying much they prefer knocking about the top 6 of the Championship playing exciting football, as if that was sustainable and would last forever!

34 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I would expect that the DET would deliver a little deeper than simply reading that a charge had been registered on a company. 

Find me a DET article that has delved a little deeper into anything in, let's say, the last 5 years.

Archived