Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

23 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

It really isn't news mate - Derby take a 'loan' from someone? Or is it investment. Like I said, loans are commonplace, people move cash around, as I've said previously, it wouldn't always be prudent for Mel to liquidise and asset for cash so he would borrow it....

How is it not news?

Nobody knew about this before today. 

A person who we were apparently in talks with for investment has now apparently loaned to us.

But Tosun getting linked to WBA. Darren Bent saying Villa should sign Benrahma and Watkins. Bryson getting told off in Scotland. Pringle going to Morecambe is all news?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a good or bad thing? On the one hand, taking out loans and getting into debt is never good news really... but equally we are obviously struggling for cash while we wait for someone to buy into the club, so this should help us to continue operating as normal in the short term.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Is this a good or bad thing? On the one hand, taking out loans and getting into debt is never good news really... but equally we are obviously struggling for cash while we wait for someone to buy into the club, so this should help us to continue operating as normal in the short term.

Businesses borrow and lend money all the time not necessarily anything unusual or to worry about  

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much does it cost to buy?

I used to buy it daily for a very long time but haven’t bought a single copy for about 4 years. 
From what I’ve seen of this “newspaper” since then, it’s complete and utter garbage. A group of children could produce better. I’m surprised that it’s even printed - it really is a complete waste of paper. 
As for the DL website, again produced by incompetent buffoons who don’t understand the concept of “news”. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

But what’s the loan secured against? Dcfc don’t own the stadium, would it be Moor Farm?

They have the head lease on the stadium which could have value, depending on how it is structured (for example, if the lease has a restrictive covenant that you can only use the premises for playing football then that is less valuable).

The value could arise from its potential use for other purposes.

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

They have the head lease on the stadium which could have value, depending on how it is structured (for example, if the lease has a restrictive covenant that you can only use the premises for playing football then that is less valuable).

The new roof for concerts?

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The charge does say "leasehold property in the name of Derby County Ltd"

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

How is it not news?

Nobody knew about this before today. 

A person who we were apparently in talks with for investment has now apparently loaned to us.

But Tosun getting linked to WBA. Darren Bent saying Villa should sign Benrahma and Watkins. Bryson getting told off in Scotland. Pringle going to Morecambe is all news?

Mate, I don't entirely disagree with you but without context, it's pointless publishing. They (like Maguire) know nothing, of course they should be trying to find out what's happening, is this investment, is it something else but until they do. The rest of what they post is just (necessary) click bait - It's very sad what's happening to local newspapers, I love to buy the DET when I'm in town but I'm not sure trying to compete with the 24hr rumourathon that is twitter and the rest of social media is worthwhile.

10 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Mate, I don't entirely disagree with you but without context, it's pointless publishing. They (like Maguire) know nothing, of course they should be trying to find out what's happening, is this investment, is it something else but until they do. The rest of what they post is just (necessary) click bait - It's very sad what's happening to local newspapers, I love to buy the DET when I'm in town but I'm not sure trying to compete with the 24hr rumourathon that is twitter and the rest of social media is worthwhile.

They should be doing proper stories based on the club, a bit like that arsewipe Conway does at the Athletic.

16 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

This could be a disaster, think there needs to be some sort of financial fair play.  My issue is it seems to be completely ignored in the Premier League and the fact that the EFL and the Premier League are different entities means there will always be issues.

There has never been financial fair play. Think to the days of old. The Lancashire mill towns or even Blackpool as a wealthy tourist destination .. that was where the money was therefore the big clubs. The guard has changed over the years. Remember when the Italians could buy anyone they wanted, Angnelli owned Juventus, Fiats home town , now it’s Tech money or oil money or gambling money. There will always be the big boys. FFP is artifice and invites rule bending and clever schemes. Why not let it all out in the open. As long as there is a simple system for reviving a clubs name for the sake of the fans and fair play on the pitch in terms of officials and maybe a maximum number of registered players / and academy size then what’s the problem ? 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

There has never been financial fair play. Think to the days of old. The Lancashire mill towns or even Blackpool as a wealthy tourist destination .. that was where the money was therefore the big clubs. The guard has changed over the years. Remember when the Italians could buy anyone they wanted, Angnelli owned Juventus, Fiats home town , now it’s Tech money or oil money or gambling money. There will always be the big boys. FFP is artifice and invites rule bending and clever schemes. Why not let it all out in the open. As long as there is a simple system for reviving a clubs name for the sake of the fans and fair play on the pitch in terms of officials and maybe a maximum number of registered players / and academy size then what’s the problem ? 

What system could there be? 
There needs to be something to prevent overspending and mismanagement. Or at least make it harder for clubs to go bust. 

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

That's all well and good, but the fans that whine about us living beyond our means will then be the first to criticise him for lacking ambition when we are signing lower league players.

There are ways to conduct transfer activity between only signing league one players and out spending FFP/P&S. 

37 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

What system could there be? 
There needs to be something to prevent overspending and mismanagement. Or at least make it harder for clubs to go bust. 

But why can't clubs be like any other business ? surely that is a system ? If its mismanaged or hasnt got enough money, it fails .. tough luck. Take the penalty and reform under new ownership. 

As long as there is a framework to rescue the name of the club for the fans sake I'd just add a simple set of basic rules as I outlined before.

Maximum number of registered players in a squad, maximum size of academy and lower age sides playing staff.

Fixed one league drop if you go in to liquidation.

No loans to your own league

As the PL is the money pot and the leagues feed that pot of money and give it a raison d'etre. Then an agreement with the PL for some redistribution levy. Prize money for finishing position or based on matchday attendance. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

But why can't clubs be like any other business ? surely that is a system ? If its mismanaged or hasnt got enough money, it fails .. tough luck. Take the penalty and reform under new ownership. 

As long as there is a framework to rescue the name of the club for the fans sake I'd just add a simple set of basic rules as I outlined before.

Maximum number of registered players in a squad, maximum size of academy and lower age sides playing staff.

Fixed one league drop if you go in to liquidation.

No loans to your own league

As the PL is the money pot and the leagues feed that pot of money and give it a raison d'etre. Then an agreement with the PL for some redistribution levy. Prize money for finishing position or based on matchday attendance. 

Football can’t be like other businesses due to the set up - chances of promotion and relegation.  Redistribution levy sounds good in principle but Premier League will probably be against this. I agree something needs to change but this is because of the complete mis match in wealth between EFL and premier league. 

33 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Football can’t be like other businesses due to the set up - chances of promotion and relegation.  Redistribution levy sounds good in principle but Premier League will probably be against this. I agree something needs to change but this is because of the complete mis match in wealth between EFL and premier league. 

But businesses face the same issues every day .. if a clothing company makes a range that doesn't sell, or a car company invests a fortune in a lemon that no one takes to, or has the wrong engine and taxation puts the punters off. The values crash, they lose money. Business history is littered with names that were "relegated"

1 hour ago, jono said:

Championship clubs already receive about £5m per season from the Premier League. L1 clubs get just under £1m, and L2 clubs about £0.5m.

Archived