Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Would that affect the availability of Te Wierik?

we already hold his registration so I would doubt it. The EFL have been massively incompetent by not having this resolved by now though so you never know what stunts they will try.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The Derby telegraph will struggle to make four headline stories out of that....but...... they'll manage.

will it involve chips and cheese ?

5 hours ago, sage said:

It makes 50% of the match day squad made up of academy players look more likely for next season. I guess it would mean we just wouldn’t sell anyone this summer. It also makes sense why we were keen to resign Martin and Huddlestone, obviously just not at their current rate. 

This team will be much more competitive next season if it stays together. We would lose Clark but gain te Wierik.

All the youngsters would have seen what was asked of them. Another year they'll have become men. We'll have Rooney for a full season. Martin fit and available from the start. Triallist knocking on the door and Whittaker having bagged his first goal.

I think we'd have been in the playoffs anyway if we'd had Roos in goal. And Sibley might add the extra magic to tip it into autos. But I realize I'm ever the optimist. It's the hope that kills you...

There were suggestions that clubs who furloughed staff should face a transfer ban.
so maybe an embargo would be unrelated to the EFL charge.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

There were suggestions that clubs who furloughed staff should face a transfer ban.

That wouldnt make any sense and clubs would be able to challenge it I'm sure. Again, that is the world of football making up their own rules and disregarding law.

The furlough scheme was a government scheme introduced to help all employers, including football clubs.

I wouldnt worry about that one.

48 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That wouldnt make any sense and clubs would be able to challenge it I'm sure. Again, that is the world of football making up their own rules and disregarding law.

The furlough scheme was a government scheme introduced to help all employers, including football clubs.

Furlough scheme only covered up to £2500 a month of salary, and was separate to any negotiations on reduced wages between employees and employer. I think most clubs furloughed off field staff during lockdown - ticket office or shop staff same boat as everyone else.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Furlough scheme only covered up to £2500 a month of salary, and was separate to any negotiations on reduced wages between employees and employer. I think most clubs furloughed off field staff during lockdown - ticket office or shop staff same boat as everyone else.

You could also argue that clubs hands were tied, again due to FFP (PS).

If the EFL had pulled their fingers out and announced fairly quickly that clubs would be protected, supported and not penalised during this time, clubs with wealthy owners may not have felt the need to furlough staff.

57 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Exactly, the furlough scheme was designed to help both businesses and their employees through a really tough financial time.

I was shocked when I read that there was talk of punishing clubs for using it, income is down to virtually nothing so would they rather clubs were laying all of the staff off instead so people have no job and no income at all? Crazy.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You could also argue that clubs hands were tied, again due to FFP (PS).

If the EFL had pulled their fingers out and announced fairly quickly that clubs would be protected, supported and not penalised during this time, clubs with wealthy owners may not have felt the need to furlough staff.

And this, it appears the EFL are really dragging their heels about loosening those P&S purse strings.

If they don't do it and think they've got a big job on their hands with all the disciplinary cases at the moment then they've really seen nothing yet!

9 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I thought Butterfield went on loan, to Bradford I think it was?

Granted it was a lower league, but had he done really well someone may have chucked us a few hundred thousand for him and taken a punt.

I'm pretty sure we did extend butters contract rather than let it expire then let him go to Luton for a nominal fee.

He did have a loan at Bradford but he was still under contract.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure we did extend butters contract rather than let it expire then let him go to Luton for a nominal fee.

He did have a loan at Bradford but he was still under contract.

I'd thought we extended it (and not announced that we had, as with Johnson and Blackman) when he went to Bradford so he wasn't out of contract when that loan ended?

25 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I'd thought we extended it (and not announced that we had, as with Johnson and Blackman) when he went to Bradford so he wasn't out of contract when that loan ended?

That might be the case. He really disappointed as time went on with us, but he's perhaps happier at luton.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think wherever you heard that rumour/suggestion from you should cross off you "reliable source" list.?

Archived