Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some ITK info from a very good source (i.e. I made it up):

The decision has been made and the Mods know all about it but are under a strict embargo to not tell us because certain parties with interests in failing north east football clubs are staging a dirty protest in the EFL offices and they want to keep it quiet until the cleaning company has been in on Monday. There's video of it in a watsapp group that you can only be in if you have sufficient "clicked on the adds" points or a personal invite from the one with the forest avatar. 

24 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So how will the tribunal verdict affect Chris Martin's decision on a new contract?

(Just thought I'd add a new angle and mention Martin on yet another thread - two birds, one stone).

Chris Martin played a pivotal role in our response to the EFL charge.  So much so, that we put him on the witness stand.  He fell over.

Heard from someone with contacts ITK that we're getting a transfer embargo. No mention of points deduction

Don't shoot me down - it's unsubstantiated, and they are hoping it's not true - but the source is legit

An interesting question though - if you had to have a transfer embargo or start next season on a points deduction what would you prefer?

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Heard from someone with contacts ITK that we're getting a transfer embargo. No mention of points deduction

Don't shoot me down - it's unsubstantiated, and they are hoping it's not true - but the source is legit

An interesting question though - if you had to have a transfer embargo or start next season on a points deduction what would you prefer?

Transfer embargo.

Start on a level playing field.

We have a decent squad, couple returning from injury, more familiar with the style of coaching and a year on.

We'd need transfers to improve towards top six, but being 5-9 down at the start would also keep us back from the top six but a very looking down perspective on the season. Points deduction also looks worse to everyone outside.

Although, I doubt the reality is either/or.

20 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

If this is likely, can we sign a keeper ASAP before it comes into play.

And maybe a winger

Or 2

And a CF

And a left footed CB

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Easy... Take the embargo as we could still sign players.

Free agents on a wage of £11.5k or less and on a ‘one out, one in’ basis. Loans are also allowed. 
I don’t think it changes our plans much, except for signing a winger on loan instead of a tasty fee. 

36 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Transfer embargo if we can keep Chris Martin! ?

42 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I’d just like the whole matter to be resolved with a detailed Publicly available and transparent judgement.  

46 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

without any doubt, the embargo.

Archived