Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just my opinion/thought.

I have a horrible gut feeling Sheff Weds are guilty and about to get a points deduction, the same as Derby and both will be announced at the same time. 

What a way to send a message out to clubs than to relegate two big championship clubs by hitting them with a big points deduction.

Also if they hit two at the same time, neither club can claim they are being unfairly treated compared to other clubs.

I'm just praying our defense is water tight.

The max deduction they can give us is 21 points and whilst that would put us bottom as things stand it is highly unlikely they would do that even if we did lose. Some Shef Wed fans think they are getting a 15 point deduction. 

We aren't being charged with the same things as Shed Wed though. Just because they might be guilty doesn't mean we are. We'd then have 2 weeks to appeal.

BBC is reporting Shef weds result is to be announced later this week. Hopefully ours isn't much longer so we can finally put it to bed.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just my opinion/thought.

I have a horrible gut feeling Sheff Weds are guilty and about to get a points deduction, the same as Derby and both will be announced at the same time. 

What a way to send a message out to clubs than to relegate two big championship clubs by hitting them with a big points deduction.

Also if they hit two at the same time, neither club can claim they are being unfairly treated compared to other clubs.

We won't be relegated

21 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just my opinion/thought.

As much as we may think the EFL don't like us, they will also realise that bigger clubs with a worldwide name such as Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are BETTER for the EFL/Championship than not being here.

No disrespect to the likes of Luton or Wycombe but they aren't going to put the Championship on the world map are they...

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

As much as we may think the EFL don't like us, they will also realise that bigger clubs with a worldwide name such as Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are BETTER for the EFL/Championship than not being here.

No disrespect to the likes of Luton or Wycombe but they aren't going to put the Championship on the world map are they...

I hope you aren't suggesting that the outcome of these things is dependent on how big a club you are.?. Justice is supposed to be blind!

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Neither are Derby or Sheffield Wednesday. Our 'global' presence is currently below Norwich and Bournemouth. Because we are in the EFL and they are not, so we don't get to play anyone the world is interested in.

4 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Neither are Derby or Sheffield Wednesday. Our 'global' presence is currently below Norwich and Bournemouth. Because we are in the EFL and they are not, so we don't get to play anyone the world is interested in.

I disagree - our names are bigger on the world stage. I travel with work (well used to LOL), and when I discuss about football teams in the UK, most people have heard of Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest. They have not heard of Luton or Wycombe. My point is not about saying that Norwich and Bournemouth are not deserved of the Premier League - they absolutely are, but more that the Championship is broadcast to 42 different countries and the viewing figures will be considerably higher for Derby v Wednesday than they will be Wycombe verus Hull City.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I disagree - our names are bigger on the world stage. I travel with work (well used to LOL), and when I discuss about football teams in the UK, most people have heard of Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest. They have not heard of Luton or Wycombe. My point is not about saying that Norwich and Bournemouth are not deserved of the Premier League - they absolutely are, but more that the Championship is broadcast to 42 different countries and the viewing figures will be considerably higher for Derby v Wednesday than they will be Wycombe verus Hull City.

The viewing figures for Derby v Wednesday are higher because they have big domestic followings. I'd doubt international figures would be significantly different for most teams in the efl

52 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The viewing figures for Derby v Wednesday are higher because they have big domestic followings. I'd doubt international figures would be significantly different for most teams in the efl

Have you seen how many people watch RamsTV from abroad when we’re on Sky?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Time for the EFL to poo or get off the pot. Astounding the lengths they will go to in order to undermine their own league not to mention the costs they incur in doing so. Bunch of incompetent arses IMO. 

Get off the fence. Tell us what you really think.

Not sure why people are comparing our case to Sheff Weds, theirs is completely different. Theirs is down to them selling the stadium in one financial year and recording it in a different financial year, ours is purely based on its valuation

Archived