Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have got a valuation from well regarded qualified professional commercial valuers, which we have, I don't see how we (Derby County) can be in anyway liable even if the valuation is challenged. The strange thing about all this is why the EFL think they have a case against us at all. The only thing I can think of is either its posturing to appease others who say we cheated, which also would be strange, or there is more to it than the DCFC statement indicated.

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I have to admit I would really like to sit in a listen to both sides putting their cases in and forming my own opinion - it’s just interesting!

My guess is it would actually be really dull.

1 hour ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

If we have got a valuation from well regarded qualified professional commercial valuers, which we have, I don't see how we (Derby County) can be in anyway liable even if the valuation is challenged. The strange thing about all this is why the EFL think they have a case against us at all. The only thing I can think of is either its posturing to appease others who say we cheated, which also would be strange, or there is more to it than the DCFC statement indicated.

Well it would appear that the EFL think they are doing such a good job of running the football league that they have decided to branch out into accounting and commercial property valuation.

They are about as transparent as mud and it appears answerable to absolutely nobody.

Their running of the game is nothing short of shambolic and should be addressed immediately. 

Hopefully the Wigan debacle will turn up the pressure on them somewhat.

Now that Man City have had their very well deserved punishment reversed, I expect Mel Morris to walk into that EFL court room a bit like Leonardo Di Caprio does at the beginning of The Wolf of Wall Street.

Totally loud, totally brash and holds the room better than a post lockdown chaddite holds a pint.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Now that Man City have had their very well deserved punishment reversed, I expect Mel Morris to walk into that EFL court room a bit like Leonardo Di Caprio does at the beginning of The Wolf of Wall Street.

Totally loud, totally brash and holds the room better than a post lockdown chaddite holds a pint.

I'll settle for nothing less than the EFL reverse the valuation adjustment they insisted on, increase the stadium profit and pay Mel the difference in cash....?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'll settle for nothing less than the EFL reverse the valuation adjustment they insisted on, increase the stadium profit and pay Mel the difference in cash....?

I've got a feeling Mel will be gifted Middlesbrough as an apology, not just the football club, but the whole place.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is there any comparison between the 2 cases? Not sure what Man City were charged with?

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've got a feeling Mel will be gifted Middlesbrough as an apology, not just the football club, but the whole place.

Dude, have you ever been there???? If he gets stuffed with Middlesbrough then we will have lost the hearing and that would be punishment ?

On 12/07/2020 at 11:14, atherstoneram said:

But they are not breaking any rules by having an owner of a club in another country,any transaction between the clubs is nothing to do with the EFL,as much as some people wish it was

This the things that got me ... as u say 

your totally correct in that it’s between forest and their other club as to what the players go for 

however am I right in saying that’s because those players are assets of Nottingham Forest and if they can get a buyer to pay x amount for that asset then it’s no ones business other than the two parties 

so why is that different to Derby county selling a club asset to another party that is prepared to pay x amount 

like forest and fatty it’s between those two parties is it not and duck all to do with anyone else 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

This the things that got me ... as u say 

your totally correct in that it’s between forest and their other club as to what the players go for 

however am I right in saying that’s because those players are assets of Nottingham Forest and if they can get a buyer to pay x amount for that asset then it’s no ones business other than the two parties 

so why is that different to Derby county selling a club asset to another party that is prepared to pay x amount 

like forest and fatty it’s between those two parties is it not and duck all to do with anyone else 

Their asset is their crap players that are clearly being used as vehicles to money as They see fit... ours ... on this occasion .. is our stadium 

our stadium was valued as 80m so maybe it’s inflated ... is that more inflated than the 8m they got for that waste of skin Ben brereton?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe just the Transporter Bridge and Bob Mortimer. 

I think we need to be careful, Man City’s case is completely different and if we lose tomorrow I’d just take the punishment of say 7-9 points and not drag it to next season. I think the facade will start to crumble. There’s no smoke without fire.

The hearing was starting Monday 13th, do you think they have dragged it out all day to continue on the Tuesday and then stating they will sum up and give the answer on Wednesday. looks like they are hanging out for the outcome of our result against Cardiff before making a decision.

Archived