Goalkeepers are pathetic

Ramfan1958

6 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

If you don't think Hamer wasn't at fault Saturday and tonight I find that unbelievable. 

He never even tried to stop the first goalscorer going around him.

2nd Goal he flaps at it on his near post absolute shocking goal keeping .

Did I say anything about his performance? I only said he’s done well considering the circumstances, he’s had nearly a dozen different centre back partnerships in front of him alone this season.

The only thing I’d have a go at him tonight was rattling a young lad in Buchanan before the goal, but I’m not sure any keeper would act differently, Buchanan needed to forget about it and I don’t think he did 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate that Hamer made a number of good saves this evening, but generally speaking, if Hamer is keeping Roos out of the first team, how bad must Roos be?  A quality keeper must be top of the shopping list this summer.....please!

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

I hope the Morons that hounded Roos out are pleased with themselves . 

Cocu continuing to play Hamer is as bad as Phil Brown playing Kevin Poole . 

Hamer has to be sent back to Huddersfield Reserves NOW ! 

Hamer is bad but he's still better than Roos.

In 50 years of watching Derby, Roos is the worst keeper I have seen.

Yes, worse than John Middleton.

And if you think Roos was hounded out by anybody other than Cocu, you are either very much mistaken, or we need another manager who doesn't choose his team based on what the supporters think.

PS. No need to capitalize morons, unless you are speaking about by my mate Jay Morons and his mum Flo Morons and all they did was send a stinging letter to the the club.

Just now, TomG said:

I appreciate that Hamer made a number of good saves this evening, but generally speaking, if Hamer is keeping Roos out of the first team, how bad must Roos be? 

I'm not sure if you're punking me or not.

Did you watch the early games this season?

The ones where Roos was awful game after game.

After game.

If you scroll back you will see a thread I started about Roos saying how desperate he was.

Somebody responded with something along the lines of he'd not actually lost us a game.

The following week he did just that.

Somebody with a better memory than me will probably remember the actual game.

Hamer is porr, but this loss wasn't down to him.

Roos is one level down from poor.

Yes, we absolutely need a keeper in the summer.

I see that this thread has turned into a Hamer hate. He was of course entirely responsible for the facts that we didn't have a shot on target or even a corner. We also hardly laid a glove on either Forest or West Brom.

I'm not down hearted, we're simply not good enough yet especially with the injuries and suspensions but I am a little tired at the excessive (imo) criticism levelled at Hamer. He's probably not good enough but I don't think he's quite the amateur some seem to be making him out to be.

25 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Hamer is bad but he's still better than Roos.

In 50 years of watching Derby, Roos is the worst keeper I have seen.

Yes, worse than John Middleton.

And if you think Roos was hounded out by anybody other than Cocu, you are either very much mistaken, or we need another manager who doesn't choose his team based on what the supporters think.

PS. No need to capitalize morons, unless you are speaking about by my mate Jay Morons and his mum Flo Morons and all they did was send a stinging letter to the the club.

Ha ha l, laughed at the second bit , despaired at the first . He would be a good keeper IF fans actually supported him. ....IMO ???

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I see that this thread has turned into a Hamer hate. He was of course entirely responsible for the facts that we didn't have a shot on target or even a corner. We also hardly laid a glove on either Forest or West Brom.

I'm not down hearted, we're simply not good enough yet especially with the injuries and suspensions but I am a little tired at the excessive (imo) criticism levelled at Hamer. He's probably not good enough but I don't think he's quite the amateur some seem to be making him out to be.

Personally not downhearted this season is all about bringing the youth onto the first team .

But how can't anybody say Hamer not at fault amazes me both goals a proper keeper would have stopped them.

Did you see the pathetic dive for the Florist goal ?.

Get real we have the 2 worst keepers in the league.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

When the thread is entitled Goalkeepers are pathetic what else did you expect ?

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agree. Seems a pattern that when we are well beaten someone has to take the blame. Hamer might have done better with the Florist goal but what about the fact that Lolly was given all the time in the world to pick his spot? Why not have a go at the defenders too who didn’t close him down? I thought Hamer did ok today and I wouldn’t really blame him for either goal and he helped keep the score respectable. Having said that I think we do need a new keeper along with a central defender if Clarke doesn’t sign and a winger..

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Thing is, I would love to make a thread about Bogle. The amount of crosses he allows into the box, the lack of positioning, the poor attempts at crosses he puts in and the passes he misses to run into a dead end. He’s at a point when I think it deserves discussion. BUT let’s look at the context of Bogle’s season, Keogh was the rock behind last season and it’s gone. Replaced with a steady cast of defenders who haven’t been able to string 10 games together. Players in front of him have been on a constant, regularly another academy product whos learning the game. It’s difficult for him, and tonight he cut a fed up figure. It’s not going right for him but he has the time to learn. 

Point is it’s easy for me to criticise Bogle, like it is for people to do with Hamer, but it doesn’t really get to the crux of what the issue actually is.

I thought hamer did ok pulled off some good saves, first one defence went to sleep, second one could have done better but defender left his post & didn't close down. 

If we want to move forward he isn't good enough to be our first choice. He's made the odd howler & is very average but pulls off the off decent save. 

I wouldn't be against him coming in as a number two though. He's good enough to cover a handful of games at this but not long term 

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Sure, I suppose he was worried about getting his shorts dirty if he went to ground?

You can dislike the keeper as much as you like but when you suggest he isn't trying you question his professionalism and I can see no reason to do that at all. 

Hammer at fault Saturday against the Red Dogs both goals today his fault .

With a proper keeper we would be evener closer to the playoffs.

I can't believe Shane given and the management team can't see what all Derby fans can see.

I think we can guarantee that they are well aware of that weakness.

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I hope the Morons that hounded Roos out are pleased with themselves . 

Cocu continuing to play Hamer is as bad as Phil Brown playing Kevin Poole . 

Hamer has to be sent back to Huddersfield Reserves NOW ! 

Not in any way defending Phil Brown as a Rams manager, but he had zero budget and was working under the constraints imposed by the 3 amigo's.

Those dark days are thankfully behind us, and yes, we really ought to have at least one decent goalkeeper in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Hamer isn’t good enough, simple as that. He was an absolute desperation signing, and a very poor one at that. He was never going to be any good. We should have known Roos wasn’t a good enough number one and recruited a proper new goalkeeper last summer. The failure to do so has been one of the biggest reasons why we haven’t been good enough this season. In fact, almost all our problems can be attributed to poor summer recruitment - the attacking buys were nowhere near good enough either. 

Personally, while I still think Roos is no more than a decent backup, he’s still a much better goalkeeper than Hamer in my view. He should be the starting goalkeeper until the end of the season.

The Prolonged leaving of Franklin Lampard really mess our preseason and recruitment up. Cocu didn’t arrive until after all the players had gone to the US. If we finish top 10 I think phil’s done a decent job especially with him starting on the back foot, limited time to assess and recruit, thin squad of talent, FFP and of course drunk players smashing into lamp posts and each other ?

7 red cards this season is a bit worrying and topping the discipline table must be a first for some time. Folk will start calling us “dirty”

When it comes to goalkeepers in general, but especially in this division, you don't need one who can make the odd unbelievable save. They're all capable of doing that.

What you need is a goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes often. Our current two are both extremely error prone for this level - not just obvious howlers but both certainly are guilty of more than the odd "the keeper should be saving that" moment.

Unfortunately safe hands aren't ten-a-penny. Carson was good for a time but perhaps got a bit long in the tooth, I never had full confidence in Grant despite Eric Steeles obvious improvement of him, Fielding was hot and cold and Bywater was the loosest of cannons.

Not sure who's out there but it's a key position and one we need to strengthen in the summer.

If you don't think Hamer wasn't at fault Saturday and tonight I find that unbelievable. 

2nd Goal he flaps at it on his near post absolute shocking goal keeping .

Well it is shocking goalkeeping, but we are where we are. I imagine the manager and coaching staff had been expecting better things from Roos, and have instead been left with hobsons choice in Hamer. 

Archived