Goalkeepers are pathetic

Ramfan1958

10 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Just to add, for no reason, it’s just how I see it,  every position in football has changed, all the way back to grass roots football, non more than the goalkeeper. Most players do not have to adopt anew skill set ! 
apart from goalkeepers.  Who are suddenly expected to be part of playing out  from the back.  Keepers like Roos and Hamer have enough on their plate stopping shots, now they are expected to be part of playing out from the back. with this new responsibility that has Was not part of their remit coming through the ranks we have to give them a break. 
The next generation of goalkeepers will not be on the books unless he/she cannot play CDM etc

A keeper doesn't have to be the greatest passer to get the ball to either fullback who makes himself available, but Cocu prefers playing it out to the central defenders, which is much trickier and requires more of the CDM attributes you mention.  Me, i have simple likes in a keeper, quick reaction, bravery, agility, positioning and anticipation.  It works in Manager ?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Not sure I’ve ever disliked a Derby player more. Not sure why because there have been many many poo ones.

Maybe it’s the circumstances with which he got into the team which isn’t his fault. 

But I hate him.

100% agree . I actually hate Hamer 

Aside from todays duck up

Hamer is poor for West Brom's first and atrocious for the second

He's not to blame for Forests but I think its saveable

He's definitely at fault for Readings, punches instead of catching

And could maybe do better for Millwall's second?

He’s been rubbish all season as has Roos. Defended him on Weds because he actually had a decent game and score would’ve been greater without him

Goals change games, we had done really well to get back in the game then Hamer does that - cost us big time today.

Given that he’s on loan, play Roos for the rest of the season and send Hamer back to Huddersfield, never want to see him in a Derby shirt again!

27 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Hamer and Roos are two sides of same coin but Hamer cannot keep playing after last few games

This. 

De Gea, once regarded as one of the best makes mistakes so a keeper that can’t get a game at Huddersfield is also going to make mistakes.

Let’s not abuse the guy, he’s not good enough, neither is Roos.

We know this, Cocu will know this and it will be addressed when the window reopens. I will be shocked if it isn’t. 

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Which goalkeeper we actually sign will be very interesting 

pas for the remainder of the season why don’t we play someone who we own and might have to play next season 

Cos until we've not got chance to get top 6 we've got chance. ?

1 hour ago, David said:

This. 

De Gea, once regarded as one of the best makes mistakes so a keeper that can’t get a game at Huddersfield is also going to make mistakes.

Let’s not abuse the guy, he’s not good enough, neither is Roos.

We know this, Cocu will know this and it will be addressed when the window reopens. I will be shocked if it isn’t. 

Detest any abuse of a player, agreed. Clearly many are upset and angry and we can all react. I wish Hamer the very best, he’s trying his damndest, and apologised to his team mates. In Phil we trust and I’m looking forward to his plans this summer. 

Archived