Goalkeepers are pathetic

Ramfan1958

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I don't know him or out but i just think some of our fans at times are the absolute pits & on top

Not seen the petition, but yes they are, otherwise Roos would have have still been in goal, in all likelihood.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Can we have Eric Steele back at the same time as coach? I’d just love to know whether Shay Given encourages both of them to come out and collect crosses rather than punch, because I’ve genuinely not known two keepers so prone to not catching crosses as these pair.

What do they do in their goalkeeping sessions, I’m genuinely baffled.

You can't polish a turd. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Perhaps Roos and Hamer fluff their catches so often that the GK coach has instructed both to punch rather than attempt to catch??

That at least seems plausible, I’ve just never known us have TWO keepers with almost identical failings, be so poor at collecting crosses into the box.

I’m absolutely sure they are trying and decent guys, but to me it just seems fundamental to the role of being a goalkeeper; there seems little chance they will improve but I’d love them to prove me wrong, just doubt even with the best coach they ever will.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

If we're paying for the privilege of performances like that from Hamer we must be seriously mental not to cut the exercise short now that our chances of making the playoffs are virtually non existent 

That wouldn't reflect well on us now would it. 

On 09/07/2020 at 08:05, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hamer was excellent yesterday. Without him the score would be a lot worse. Deserves credit.

Doesnt change his performances over the season or the fact that goalkeeper is the number 1 place (pardon the pun) in the team that we need to strengthen 

Excellant you having a laugh !!

Ben Hamer has now deactivated his Twitter account. 

Quick search of the tweets he was being mentioned in I can understand his decision.

This isn’t just Derby fans that behave like this, what the f is wrong with people. 

I know he cocked up but do people really need to troll the bloke? Do we really need petition to stop him being picked? Surely this is the managers decision. The worlds going mad. People ought to be more concerned about second waves or when we can get back into the grounds.

7 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I know he cocked up but do people really need to troll the bloke? Do we really need petition to stop him being picked? Surely this is the managers decision. The worlds going mad. People ought to be more concerned about second waves or when we can get back into the grounds.

Pro footballers should avoid Tw@tter. They Know when they have made an error or messed up. Don't need it rammed down their throat. 

Archived