Goalkeepers are pathetic

Ramfan1958

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamer isn’t good enough, simple as that. He was an absolute desperation signing, and a very poor one at that. He was never going to be any good. We should have known Roos wasn’t a good enough number one and recruited a proper new goalkeeper last summer. The failure to do so has been one of the biggest reasons why we haven’t been good enough this season. In fact, almost all our problems can be attributed to poor summer recruitment - the attacking buys were nowhere near good enough either. 

Personally, while I still think Roos is no more than a decent backup, he’s still a much better goalkeeper than Hamer in my view. He should be the starting goalkeeper until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

What about the good saves he made?

He couldn't be expected to stop the 2nd the guy should have been picked up. He made THREE really good saves previous to the 2nd. The defence was pretty poor bar Evans mostly and Clarke a bit.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He couldn't be expected to stop the 2nd the guy should have been picked up. He made THREE really good saves previous to the 2nd. The defence was pretty poor bar Evans mostly and Clarke a bit.

All saves you'd expect a professional goalkeeper to make. He was nowhere for the first goal and the second goal he could have kept out easily. 

He should have held the ball more tightly so the collision with Buchanan didn't knock it out. He should have also yelled for it.

The kid then didn't pick up his man at the corner, so he will get the blame for the goal. However, I think Hamer should have saved it.

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What about the good saves he made?

What about them ? There irrelevant if you let in crap shots or headers in the same game. It's not even an occasional error which any goalie will make over a season . At the current rate he would cost 30 goals a season. It's constant.

19 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I hope the Morons that hounded Roos out are pleased with themselves . 

Cocu continuing to play Hamer is as bad as Phil Brown playing Kevin Poole . 

Hamer has to be sent back to Huddersfield Reserves NOW ! 

What ?? 
I think you’ll find Roos played himself out of the team with a series of mistakes.

Hamer is a poor keeper .... they both are and it’s literally a flip of a coin as to who gets the jersey between now and end of the season 

we All know we need A New keeper 

Hammer at fault Saturday against the Red Dogs both goals today his fault .

With a proper keeper we would be evener closer to the playoffs.

I can't believe Shane given and the management team can't see what all Derby fans can see.

2 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Hammer at fault Saturday against the Red Dogs both goals today his fault .

With a proper keeper we would be evener closer to the playoffs.

I can't believe Shane given and the management team can't see what all Derby fans can see.

Our goalkeepers have gone backwards since Given came in, Carson included. 

He made some really good saves. I'm not a fan of Hamer and definitely not Roos but I thought he did far more good than bad today.

It's when they both punch and flap at everything that makes them not good enough. They get chances to ease pressure and they just create panic and more work when a catch or even a good punch would really help the team. 

I don’t try and get too involved in GK threads, but I’ll make the same pint as I’ve been making since the 13/14 season.

Goalkeepers themselves are only as good as the unit in front of them. Grant, Keogh and Buxton worked as a fantastic unit. Carson was only as good as Keogh and Davies in front of him. Hamer, Roos or whoever you want to put in goal is only as good as the unit you have as the centre backs. We haven’t had a settled unit, we’ve had a ridiculous number of different pairings and that’s why they have struggled. I’m not sure what you want to look at tonight, I think a few of the goals since the restart are a good example of a lack of defensive understanding between themselves 

In the circumstances Hamer has done very well in my opinion, I’m not gonna make it he’s the first on my team sheet but it’s oh so easy to point a finger at him in my opinion when there’s so much to consider.

Next season this should be addressed, but let’s not pretend Hamer has dropped us a significant amount of points. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I don’t try and get too involved in GK threads, but I’ll make the same pint as I’ve been making since the 13/14 season.

Goalkeepers themselves are only as good as the unit in front of them. Grant, Keogh and Buxton worked as a fantastic unit. Carson was only as good as Keogh and Davies in front of him. Hamer, Roos or whoever you want to put in goal is only as good as the unit you have as the centre backs. We haven’t had a settled unit, we’ve had a ridiculous number of different pairings and that’s why they have struggled. I’m not sure what you want to look at tonight, I think a few of the goals since the restart are a good example of a lack of defensive understanding between themselves 

In the circumstances Hamer has done very well in my opinion, I’m not gonna make it he’s the first on my team sheet but it’s oh so easy to point a finger at him in my opinion when there’s so much to consider.

Next season this should be addressed, but let’s not pretend Hamer has dropped us a significant amount of points. 

If you don't think Hamer wasn't at fault Saturday and tonight I find that unbelievable. 

He never even tried to stop the first goalscorer going around him.

2nd Goal he flaps at it on his near post absolute shocking goal keeping .

Archived