Goalkeepers are pathetic

Ramfan1958

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Not sure I’ve ever disliked a Derby player more. Not sure why because there have been many many poo ones.

Maybe it’s the circumstances with which he got into the team which isn’t his fault. 

But I hate him.

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

100% agree . I actually hate Hamer 

Hate? Seriously?

He's had a shocker today & has demonstrated he's not good enough at this level. Not in question. But he'll know he's let the team down & looked crestfallen after the second.

Hating him for making mistakes is going way too personal.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hate? Seriously?

He's had a shocker today & has demonstrated he's not good enough at this level. Not in question. But he'll know he's let the team down & looked crestfallen after the second.

Put it this way , I have never disliked a player as much . He should never ever have represented Derby County in his wildest dreams. Deemed not good enough for Huddersfield bloody Town yet good enough for us !!! If Roos isn't available Tuesday I would rather stick a road cone on the line than this chancer . 

4 hours ago, David said:

This. 

De Gea, once regarded as one of the best makes mistakes so a keeper that can’t get a game at Huddersfield is also going to make mistakes.

Let’s not abuse the guy, he’s not good enough, neither is Roos.

We know this, Cocu will know this and it will be addressed when the window reopens. I will be shocked if it isn’t. 

It will be addressed Derby way. 

30k/week and 5-year deal for Hamer.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hate? Seriously?

Newsflash, I don’t actually hate him, having never met him.

But I do hate that he is only playing because our other keeper was bullied out of the team by the ‘supporters’ (obviously not his fault)

I also hate the way he blamed Buchanan for him dropping the ball that led to the corner that led to WBA’s 2nd the other day

I also hate that someone who couldn’t even get on Huddersfield’s bench is costing us goals and points on a game by game basis and therefore potentially a play off spot.

But no, you are right. I don’t actually hate him, just a poor choice of phrase by myself ??

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

But I do hate that he is only playing because our other keeper was bullied out of the team by the ‘supporters’ (obviously not his fault)

I also hate the way he blamed Buchanan for him dropping the ball that led to the corner that led to WBA’s 2nd the other day.

Hamer is picked because he's better than Roos - there have been no fans to shout at Roos since restart or haven't you noticed? 

Buchanan went for a ball that wasn't really his and Hamer bumped him and scowled - perhaps you missed seeing him smile at Buchanan a bit later?

But yeah, he was very poor today and his confidence took a dent, so we'll probably see Roos v Cardiff. If we don't it tells you just how utterly poo he is!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hamer is picked because he's better than Roos - there have been no fans to shout at Roos since restart or haven't you noticed? 

Buchanan went for a ball that wasn't really his and Hamer bumped him and scowled - perhaps you missed seeing him smile at Buchanan a bit later?

But yeah, he was very poor today and his confidence took a dent, so we'll probably see Roos v Cardiff. If we don't it tells you just how utterly poo he is!

Well he isn’t better than Roos. He just isn’t. What can he do better than Roos? He isn’t much better in the air if at all, and Roos wasn’t making the mistakes with shot stopping that Hamer is.

He has consistently made the same mistakes as Roos was making, but he has none of the redeemable qualities that Roos has. Even when fans were in the ground he was making mistakes but wasn’t getting ironically cheered. I don’t know why that is. 

He had a big go at Buchanan, a kid who clearly didn’t trust his keeper to make that catch. Even then he should have held on to it and he definitely shouldn’t have let the resulting header in. 

I don’t even mind some mistakes. All keepers in this league have flaws. Raya is regarded as the best and he is shaky in the air. But we’ve conceded what, 9 goals since the restart? How many do you truly think Hamer has been unlucky with? 1 & 3 today, Millwall’s 1st? 2nd one today was all him, 2nd one at WBA mostly him and not great for the 1st, Forest goal he moves in slow motion, Reading goal all him and probably unlucky for both at Millwall.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Put it this way , I have never disliked a player as much . He should never ever have represented Derby County in his wildest dreams. Deemed not good enough for Huddersfield bloody Town yet good enough for us !!! If Roos isn't available Tuesday I would rather stick a road cone on the line than this chancer . 

More than Tyrone Mears or Earnshaw who openly disrespected our club? 

I get that Hamer's not good enough but it was more the choice of word. He tries & bet he feels awful this evening...today was probably his last match for us anyway.

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

More than Tyrone Mears or Earnshaw who openly disrespected our club? 

I get that Hamer's not good enough but it was more the choice of word. He tries & bet he feels awful this evening...today was probably his last match for us anyway.

Ok fair point ?

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Some people on this topic have either the intelligence of squirrel or are aged about 5.

I think Hamer is a goo......... nuts, nuts there are nuts over there, got to go

6 hours ago, David said:

This. 

De Gea, once regarded as one of the best makes mistakes so a keeper that can’t get a game at Huddersfield is also going to make mistakes.

Let’s not abuse the guy, he’s not good enough, neither is Roos.

We know this, Cocu will know this and it will be addressed when the window reopens. I will be shocked if it isn’t. 

Can we have Eric Steele back at the same time as coach? I’d just love to know whether Shay Given encourages both of them to come out and collect crosses rather than punch, because I’ve genuinely not known two keepers so prone to not catching crosses as these pair.

What do they do in their goalkeeping sessions, I’m genuinely baffled.

I feel sorry for hamer. The people that started that petition for him to never play again are a disgrace & anyone that signs it is just as much a disgrace

I agree he isn't good enough & we need to improve in the GK department & sign a goalie in the window

But ffs he's ours for another three games & he is the best we have for now so get behind him. Im sure he is trying his best & im sure someone will argue his best isn't good enough & he's paid whatever to do better. But come on

It must be rubbish being a keeper, knowing you're struggling, knowing youre making mistakes & having to play the next game.. There are no hiding places for a keeper. 

What is being a big dick head making petitions going to achieve really ?‍♂️ is it suddenly turning him into a world beater or if he actually see's it online will it destroy his confidence more & make us worse 

I don't know him or out but i just think some of our fans at times are the absolute pits & on top

30 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Can we have Eric Steele back at the same time as coach? I’d just love to know whether Shay Given encourages both of them to come out and collect crosses rather than punch, because I’ve genuinely not known two keepers so prone to not catching crosses as these pair.

What do they do in their goalkeeping sessions, I’m genuinely baffled.

Perhaps Roos and Hamer fluff their catches so often that the GK coach has instructed both to punch rather than attempt to catch??

Archived