Test Cricket is Back

sage

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You should mention the fact she doesn’t like cricket. That’s unreasonable behaviour definitely grounds for divorce. 

it was 20 years ago, but it's come back to bite me on the harris

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

So we can dream: Will Ahmed become our Shane Warne ? With Rashid consigned to the shorter forms, we need a world class spinner in the tests

Eventually.

He will play horses for courses Tests till he is more accurate/resilient for a couple of years I'd have thought.

Bringing his batting to the side as number averaging in the 20s will help his cause.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

So we can dream: Will Ahmed become our Shane Warne ? With Rashid consigned to the shorter forms, we need a world class spinner in the tests

A bit of beginners luck I think. But at 18 he should have a long future ahead of him. Another Shane Warne is asking for too much, at the moment I am happy enough with Paul Warne. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, littleover ram said:

I know Stuart Broad isn’t popular on here but what a legend 

He can be a bit of a whopper, but when he's in the mood he's unplayable. He's not express pace, but to bowl quick and with the amount of control and accuracy he showed today is quite extraordinary. The Kiwis looked completely shellshocked.

6 hours ago, littleover ram said:

I know Stuart Broad isn’t popular on here but what a legend 

Agreed.

He and Jimmy are simply phenomenal - we are so lucky to have had the pair of them for so long. They don't always fire, but when they do, they are moments to savour. Make the most of them for the next year or two.

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He and Jimmy are simply phenomenal - we are so lucky to have had the pair of them for so long. 

Today Broad and Anderson broke McGrath and Warne’s record for most test wickets by a pair of test bowlers playing together. 1002 !  Records are there to be broken but given the dominance of the shorter forms it’s hard to imagine that this one will ever be challenged. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

15 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Today Broad and Anderson broke McGrath and Warne’s record for most test wickets by a pair of test bowlers playing together. 1002 !  Records are there to be broken but given the dominance of the shorter forms it’s hard to imagine that this one will ever be challenged. 

BRoad and Anderson just ridiculous . What a pair, and it’s not often I say that honest.