Test Cricket is Back

sage

Just seen England score so thought I’d catch up on this thread from middle of last year…… (why am I doing this just now with the two fascinating games in WC ?) and what incredible reading with hindsight!!! England bonkers cricket that’s changing the face of test cricket forever! Brilliant!! 
ps…. Also why some have received likes from way back

6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Just seen England score so thought I’d catch up on this thread from middle of last year…… (why am I doing this just now with the two fascinating games in WC ?) and what incredible reading with hindsight!!! England bonkers cricket that’s changing the face of test cricket forever! Brilliant!! 
ps…. Also why some have received likes from way back

Been bonkers at times but today is the maddest day of test cricket I've ever seen. By a stretch! Four centuries, 500+ runs and all in 75 overs in a test match on foreign soil. I'm going for a lie down ?

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Been bonkers at times but today is the maddest day of test cricket I've ever seen. By a stretch! Four centuries, 500+ runs and all in 75 overs in a test match on foreign soil. I'm going for a lie down ?

Was working very early so it all passed me by…. And now look at these two games… what’s happening to sport!! ??

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Was working very early so it all passed me by…. And now look at these two games… what’s happening to sport!! ??

Check out the highlights on Sky brother. If you don't have a subscription there's a free 11 minute jobby you can watch to get a taste of the mayhem. Enjoy!

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Check out the highlights on Sky brother. If you don't have a subscription there's a free 11 minute jobby you can watch to get a taste of the mayhem. Enjoy!

Cheers 86, Have Sky but saw even more condensed on the news. Lie in today but I’ll have the radio on for the fun! Of course we’ll have to bowl on this , see how we can take wicket’s on that surface 

10 hours ago, SKRam said:

Cheers 86, Have Sky but saw even more condensed on the news. Lie in today but I’ll have the radio on for the fun! Of course we’ll have to bowl on this ,

Not at all, apparently. 
Our non-spinning spin and non-pacy pace attack doesn’t seem to be working ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Like watching paint dry…and I love my cricket. Ridiculous pitch.

You’re right but weirdly it was more interesting watching England trying to work out how to get wickets than it was watching them biff easy runs.

England are great when conditions are in their favour.

This will be a test of their resolve and of Stokes’ captaincy.

Leach is no better than a hold up one end bowler- we must surely have someone better? Should give the young lad Ahmed a go.

Livingstone isn’t a test player. Not Jacks just at the moment.

Great to see different players though and hope a few are still in the team for years to come.

England's new test match policy: "Safety first? Screw that."

I'm loving the way that they are single-handedly trying to re-define test cricket. There will be days when they crash and burn horribly, but there are going to be plenty of days when they just rip up the record books and write their own.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

England's new test match policy: "Safety first? Screw that."

I'm loving the way that they are single-handedly trying to re-define test cricket. There will be days when they crash and burn horribly, but there are going to be plenty of days when they just rip up the record books and write their own.

Made a game of it but if the pitch stays the same my money is on Pakistan…

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Made a game of it but if the pitch stays the same my money is on Pakistan…

Mine too

Tactics currently seem to be to continue with the short stuff and accelerate the deterioration of the ball in the hope that it will reverse. Much will depend on the fitness or otherwise of Azhar Ali, of course. If his finger is broken, then Pakistan are effectively 3 down.