Test Cricket is Back

sage

Another brilliant day's cricket.

The temptation will be there to blame the current approach (if it's there, whack it) if England lose, but you can't have it both ways. Just such a gung-ho approach turned the first test from what would have been a certain and stagnant draw under the previous regime into one of the best tests I have seen in years.

More of the same wanton recklessness please - win or lose.

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

Very unlucky to be given out for that . Oh well ?

Agreed. From most angles I’d say out but close up which as we know can be deceptive I’d say it was grounded. He accepted it with great dignity. Soft call out so I understand decision. 

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Agreed. From most angles I’d say out but close up which as we know can be deceptive I’d say it was grounded. He accepted it with great dignity. Soft call out so I understand decision. 

At normal speed it looks out. But all those replays, I'm sure you can actually see it bounce ?

Another terrific performance from the bowling unit and the team in general. There's an aura of invincibility building around this side which will only grow with the success they are enjoying. Hands up, I didn't really fancy Stokesy as a skipper, fearing he'd try and do it all himself. How wrong I was. Instead, he's breathed confidence into a side who were really struggling prior to his appointment. If this is Bazball, long may it continue. Woods commented this morning that he'd 'run through walls' for Stokes. He's not alone it seems.

20 hours ago, Eddie said:

Another brilliant day's cricket.

The temptation will be there to blame the current approach (if it's there, whack it) if England lose, but you can't have it both ways. Just such a gung-ho approach turned the first test from what would have been a certain and stagnant draw under the previous regime into one of the best tests I have seen in years.

More of the same wanton recklessness please - win or lose.

Will it work against the aussies is the question I am asking. But I suppose nothing else has so why not? 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

England finding it more difficult in this test. 
New leg spinner Rehan is struggling a bit which one might expect given he is 18 and has played just three first class matches.

However I’m delighted they have picked him and I’m sure he’ll learn quickly.

He's not struggling now. Pitching it fuller and gets his first wicket

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

England finding it more difficult in this test. 
New leg spinner Rehan is struggling a bit which one might expect given he is 18 and has played just three first class matches.

However I’m delighted they have picked him and I’m sure he’ll learn quickly.

I don't get to see any cricket at all (apart from a couple of Derbyshire games on YouTube this summer), and he is possibly/probably a brilliant prospect, but can someone really be picked for a national team at any sport after just three official games?

Just seen @sage's comment, but my comment still holds I believe.

Edited by richinspain
Added

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I don't get to see any cricket at all (apart from a couple of Derbyshire games on YouTube this summer), and he is possibly/probably a brilliant prospect, but can someone really be picked for a national team at any sport after just three official games?

Yes

Shane Warne hadn't played that many first class games when he played for Australia. This has been perfect, Pick him for the tour, let him spend some time around the tea and in the nets then give him a go in the last game. He is a decent bat too. Should end up batting 7 or 8 for England. 

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Just seen @sage's comment, but my comment still holds I believe.

Cricket is different to football. You are able to replicate more of the game in practice. Though it is a team game, 90% of cricket is a bowler v batter 1v1. He won't play every game this coming summer, but he should be a regular in future years. 

29 minutes ago, sage said:

Cricket is different to football. You are able to replicate more of the game in practice. Though it is a team game, 90% of cricket is a bowler v batter 1v1. He won't play every game this coming summer, but he should be a regular in future years. 

Yes and he’s a different bowler since he got his first ball past the bat.

He will learn more in test cricket than he ever will in county cricket.