Test Cricket is Back

sage

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What the deuce was that?

It was like when we were kids and we couldn't get the stumps to stay straight because they'd been knocked over so many times.

Very windy in India ?

At least they don't have to whack the stumps with their bat like we used to. 

Question: keep the winning side (other than pre-arranged home visits) or might Moeen replace the erratic Bess? 

Will they be brave enough to replace Jimmy with Broad now? 

Might Crawley be fit enough to replace Lawrence? 

All wrapped up.

Terrific performance from England, won probably 12/14 sessions in the match.

Think India might have had a bit of a hangover from their Australia tour as they were off colour throughout. 

Potentially fans are allowed for the next test so maybe that will wake them up.

Magnificient win from England.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Surprised to see only one slip in for Ashwin facing Jimmy. With so many runs to play with, could we not look to turn the screw a little?

I think slip catches off fast bowlers are very rare in India. 

More catches in front of the wicket where the ball sticks in the surface. 

Amazing to think what a difference a coin flicked casually in the air can make to a five day game! 

So pleased we were able to bat big. 

400 would have lost us the game and at 60-odd for two we would probably have taken that. 

So many heroes for England. 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Question: keep the winning side (other than pre-arranged home visits) or might Moeen replace the erratic Bess? 

Will they be brave enough to replace Jimmy with Broad now? 

Might Crawley be fit enough to replace Lawrence? 

Lost count of how many full tosses Bess bowled today. He opened up his first over after lunch with 4 in a row. Very capable of some absolutes jaffas but he does need to bowl with a deal more control.

Can't drop Jimmy, can they? I'd put up with Broad sulking if it means keeping Anderson in the side.

Would love to see Crawley but did the Sri Lankans reveal a possible Achilles heel? He looked a tad vulnerable against spin though perhaps I'm being too harsh. I love watching him play though. So elegant and scores as a good rate. He and Sibley might be the best opening pair since Strauss and Cook, in which case we'll be a match for anyone.