Test Cricket is Back

sage

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Don't want to put the kibosh on him but Foakes is a really good keeper and a top order batsman. A worthy replacement. 

Really hope Stone plays but at 1-0 up they might favour Woakes ' batting. 

Yes fingers crossed for Foakes. In most eras he’d have a hatful of caps by now. Just possible they play Stone and the Indians hurriedly prepare a pitch that plays into his hands. Anything could happen 

19 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

How's the cricket been though Anag? 

#toughcrowd ?

Oh superb cricket on a crazy pitch. 

Just analysed by a group of droning, humourless ex-cricketers. I miss updates on Bumble's dog! 

I reckon England will get about 150 when they bat. Might be worth them going on the attack. 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Oh superb cricket on a crazy pitch. 

Just analysed by a group of droning, humourless ex-cricketers. I miss updates on Bumble's dog! 

I reckon England will get about 150 when they bat. Might be worth them going on the attack. 

Yeah, Bumble's my favourite after the dearly departed Richie Benaud who was class personified. 

Not seen any of the game today so will have to watch it on catch up. Given all the rumblings about the pitch, Indian progress rather ominous. Not a fan of tests that are won or lost on the toss of a coin. Clinging onto the hope that replacing Bumrah with Siraj won't work out, but it probably will.

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yeah, Bumble's my favourite after the dearly departed Richie Benaud who was class personified. 

Not seen any of the game today so will have to watch it on catch up. Given all the rumblings about the pitch, Indian progress rather ominous. Not a fan of tests that are won or lost on the toss of a coin. Clinging onto the hope that replacing Bumrah with Siraj won't work out, but it probably will.

The pitch was really dry at the start which meant that it was always going to break up. Big puffs of dust coming up on a regular basis. Foakes has been brilliant behind the stumps because the ball is turning and lifting alarmingly for a first day pitch. In my view he was robbed of a stumping when the replay showed no part of Rohit’s foot behind the line.

The only players who have scored runs did so by playing their shots and I think England may need to do the same. This could be over in three days.

Only Stone and Leach have bowled well consistently. Broad and Moeen look rusty and Stokes looks like he’s going through the motions.

Best bit of the day was Moeen clean bowling Kohli with a ball so good, Kohli reviewed it!