Will we make the play-offs

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/20 at 11:00

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Allow me to top up your glass, sir.

As of yesterday, we have won the last 4 consecutive games.

What we need to do now, is win the next 4 consecutive games.  Then after that, all we need to do is win the final 3 games.

It seems we are more than capable!  ?  

I have always been pro-Cocu and am feeling realistic not negative. 

My honest opinion is that the team is being built for the longer race. Youth, possession football with a few mature heads to guide. 

I can't see us a performing best in a sprint and being the kind of team that goes on a run, clicks and blow teams away (with the capacity to blow up too ala Steve Mac). I believe we will gradually get better and better rather than explode. 

To win 4, then win another 5 maybe...then the play offs.. without a goalscorer who is banging them in every week (Mitrovic style), with a lack of pace/width and a goalkeeper liable to chuck the odd one in, will be a turnaround of epic proportions. 

However, I have just bought special lucky beers and put them in the fridge for Wed and have a table booked in the pub for Sat...hope springs eternal. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

my dad is on the 'we aren't ready' camp, but for me take your chance . if we went up , don't panic spend and come down then surely leaves us in a good position,  plus you never know the bottom half of the pl is poor,  so who knows. 

yes its going to be hard for whoever goes up, that's why I'd rather go up enjoy the ride, spend sensibly, didn't do Burnley any harm.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

my dad is on the 'we aren't ready' camp, but for me take your chance . if we went up , don't panic spend and come down then surely leaves us in a good position,  plus you never know the bottom half of the pl is poor,  so who knows. 

yes its going to be hard for whoever goes up, that's why I'd rather go up enjoy the ride, spend sensibly, didn't do Burnley any harm.

I do think as a fan base we do suffer from a we aren't good enough complex nowadays, obviously brought on by the 11 point disaster.  Absolutly no reason we can't just go up and stay up, but with the right investment do well.  Stoke, wolves. leicester, Southampton etc . And clubs who you traditionally find in League 1/2 or championship occasionally.  Bournemouth, Brighton have stayed up for a few years.  It's a bit chalk and cheese to how we felt as a fanbase in the 80's when were practically bankrupt and the 90's with the Smith promotion .  Back in those days our general fanbase always believed we should be not only in the top flight , but doing well when we got there.

I wouldn't mind to "suffer" like Norwich. Get promoted, strengthen the team a withtout spending much and put 100 millions towards the future. They'll have a excellent team for Championship next season even though they might sell their best players.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

I wouldn't mind to "suffer" like Norwich. Get promoted, strengthen the team a withtout spending much and put 100 millions towards the future. They'll have a excellent team for Championship next season even though they might sell their best players.

And let's not forget, it's not all about actually playing Premier League football. Even though they've gone up a few times in recent years, their promotion last season will have given their fans some amazing memories.

Saw some Leeds fan thing on you tube, filmed just before the start up talking about what would happen over the course of the season remainder . They saved there particular brand of vitriol for Derby. Laughing like hyenas over any chance of us making the playoffs. Squealing about us cheating and points deductions and how much they hope to win the league at pride park.  If you ever speak to a Leeds fan and they nonchantly dismiss Derby as a club they have no rivalry with, it's clearly baalocks .  I'm hoping we make the playoffs to pee them of if nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

I think we’ll just miss out, there are too many massive games against teams above us to think we can realistically win most if not all of them.  Good to see Mitrovic getting sent off yesterday though, he’ll miss the game against us.

Huh? We don't play Fulham?

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And let's not forget, it's not all about actually playing Premier League football. Even though they've gone up a few times in recent years, their promotion last season will have given their fans some amazing memories.

too true,  I asked my norwich fan colleague at work out of 5 how did he rate the season,  he held up his hand and put on a big smile,  I could tell from both how many fingers he held up and the number of teeth in that big smile of his that he gave it a whopping 6 out of 5.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

My plan is to re-run the poll after the Preston game and prior to the next home game to take periodic snapshots of our views. 

if we lose against Preston will you do a can we still get relegated one ???

Sith Happens
Just now, Kinder said:

Ha, you’re right! I’m sure Colin Murray said he’d miss the game against us on Quest last night.  Saying that...

ED4ADE97-BDE9-45A5-BA49-83FA8BABF2A1.jpeg

perhaps hes got a 9 game ban?

2 hours ago, Kinder said:

I think we’ll just miss out, there are too many massive games against teams above us to think we can realistically win most if not all of them.  Good to see Mitrovic getting sent off yesterday though, he’ll miss the game against us.

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Huh? We don't play Fulham?

17 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Ha, you’re right! I’m sure Colin Murray said he’d miss the game against us on Quest last night.  Saying that...

ED4ADE97-BDE9-45A5-BA49-83FA8BABF2A1.jpeg

He didn't even get sent off!

51 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw some Leeds fan thing on you tube, filmed just before the start up talking about what would happen over the course of the season remainder . They saved there particular brand of vitriol for Derby. Laughing like hyenas over any chance of us making the playoffs. Squealing about us cheating and points deductions and how much they hope to win the league at pride park.  If you ever speak to a Leeds fan and they nonchantly dismiss Derby as a club they have no rivalry with, it's clearly baalocks .  I'm hoping we make the playoffs to pee them of if nothing else. 

They're all a Load of cheats and they can chuck all their memories of glory in that dustbin!

Seven, nine or ten Cup Finals to finish the season. I will take that. Future looks very bright in any case. Must say that I am mildly surprised that Cucu seems to want to keep so many of the squad which suggests no major influx in close season. Listening to Cocu talk he seems to understand exactly how to build another PSV Eindhoven and is well on course to doing it. Still mystified me how we played so poorly early on but looks like he just stuck to his guns to get us to play his way no matter how long it took. Brizzie 2 nil down. Looks like we have dragged 3 points ahead of them as well. Only Cardiff look in top form along with us at present.

Archived