Will we make the play-offs

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/20 at 11:00

I have full trust in Evans or Davies to deputise for Wisdom so I'm not too worried in that regard and I think the loss of Lawrence won't weaken us too much as his all round play isn't particularly great. I think if we win tomorrow and Saturday we will make the playoffs, its a big if but I am starting to think 70 points or even 69 points may be enough becuase of the rate other sides around us are dropping points and all playing like midtable sides. If we win 5 out of the last 7 and don't loose to Cardiff I am confident that will be enough.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I have full trust in Evans or Davies to deputise for Wisdom so I'm not too worried in that regard and I think the loss of Lawrence won't weaken us too much as his all round play isn't particularly great. I think if we win tomorrow and Saturday we will make the playoffs, its a big if but I am starting to think 70 points or even 69 points may be enough becuase of the rate other sides around us are dropping points and all playing like midtable sides. If we win 5 out of the last 7 and don't loose to Cardiff I am confident that will be enough.

Score a goal, close up shop, score two more on break. 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Amazing how our squad depth is being tested.

Since our seasons start we are currently 

- down keogh, wisdom  Marriott Lawrence bielik

- sent back Dowell and Paterson 

- brought in 3 youngsters

And let's not forget Anya.....

I'd add injuries to Huddlestone/Evans and Bogle to that list too. We've lost key players in almost every position both throughout the season and recently the replacements have always been as good if not better. 

1 hour ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

If Wigan disappear, what would that do to the table? ?

F725C7E3-B6C7-4626-AC65-ACD81E927C54.png

I would expect the administrators to keep things going until the end of the season and try to sell the club as a going concern or, failing that, to realise a value for their better players. The standard penalty for going into administration is 12 points, which would put them bottom, four points below Luton, but with the coronavirus pandemic one would hope that the EFL might be more lenient?? The club will clearly be more saleable as a Championship club than a League 1 club.

21 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

I would expect the administrators to keep things going until the end of the season and try to sell the club as a going concern or, failing that, to realise a value for their better players. The standard penalty for going into administration is 12 points, which would put them bottom, four points below Luton, but with the coronavirus pandemic one would hope that the EFL might be more lenient?? The club will clearly be more saleable as a Championship club than a League 1 club.

Antonee Robinson was close to a £6m (rising to £10m) move to AC Milan in January. It could be that the last minute collapse of the deal, compounded by COVID, has resulted in them going into admin. They probably had enough to keep going until the end of the season when they would have been able to sell players on, but the 3 month break scuppered those plans somewhat.

Archived