Will we make the play-offs

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/20 at 11:00

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just voted no, but having said that I've just cancelled my virgin TV with BT sport and gone over to sky without BT sport, assuming that I won't need it. 

The law of sod will dictate that we're playing in the Premier league next season and Europe the following season. Lol

I never realised how much of a tough task it is to reach th playoffs until we won on Saturday, most results went for us, we chopped the gap from 5 to 3 points yet we move up a big fat zero spaces. Cardiff beating Leeds also shows it isnt just about us winning, it's about all the other clubs losing at the same time.

But, getting to Wembley and winning when Derby fans cannot be present would be pretty typical.

It's the hope that kills you. Like Mackworth said, it is not fully in our own hands. We do play a few teams above us, which will help our cause. But we still need to win out to give ourselves the best chance. After the start of the season we had and all the changes to squad and management, I would take a confidence building end to the season. Give it a go, finish as high as we can, and get our squad firing ready for next season.

We are the form team without any shadow of a doubt and I'd love for us to go up, purely for financial reasons in a post-COVID world - for football reasons I'd rather go up next year.  The fact remains though that, even though we are only three points off the play-offs, we have 8 games to leapfrog 6 teams.

It's not impossible, but there are currently 5 teams above us who are outside of the playoffs and asking the same question

The fact we didn't move after the win Saturday just makes me think we've left it a little too late. We will have to go on an almost faultless run of form and results. 

I know you shouldn't do this BUT: Score the pen against Swansea at home - 2 extra points, Score the second penalty vs West Brom at home (we go 2 nil up) - 2 extra points = Top 6

However, win the next 2 games before the Florists encounter and who knows... 

3 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

The fact we didn't move after the win Saturday ...

But 'the table altered' and the fact that more teams will be convinced the points are there for them will make it possible to close the gap. 

Prior to the season I predicted 8th.

we are currently at the back of the pack going into the home straight with seven clubs competing for the 6th place. 

under mac1 we went on a run of 9 straight wins, and that is the sort of form we now need to produce.
Victory over Reading would be win No4 but with Derby anything could happen.

if the miracle happens it would be sad to miss out on the chance to see us win at wembley. having said that i'll be getting smashed at home and letting off celebratory fireworks from my nottingham garden

I would say no - however, we should be trying to finish above Forest. 

They're six points ahead, with a game against us left to play, with seven other games. It's certainly not inconceivable that we finish above them.

That, in itself, would be a nice ending to the season after they looked certain to finish above us.  

Okay, so I have predicted results using the odds. Where the home and away sides are closely priced (Brentford, Barnsley, Wigan and Bristol City) I have predicted draws.

This is how the table would look after the weekend.

Pl            Pts

Leeds                               39           74

W Brom                            39.          72

Brentford                         39.          64

Fulham                             39           64

Notts F                             39           64

Preston                            39            60

Swansea                          39            59

Blackburn                        39            57

Cardiff                             39             57

Derby C                           39             57

Bristol C                          39             56

Millwall                            39             55

So, even if games go in accordance with the odds (which includes a win for us), we would only rise to tenth and still be in a real pack.

Preston in sixth looks so achievable yet everyone else will think the same. I still think Swansea will get sixth.

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It doesn't really matter that we're sitting in 12th as there is only a 3 point gap between us and 6th. Anyone can do it. 

This is my view. Everyone was bleating on before the break about our position, not the points. Points is where it counts. Like you said, we're 12th and it's incredibly tight. No reason we can't end up 7th tomorrow. Or 6th, but that depends on us having a 20 goal thriller!

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Points is where it counts. Like you said, we're 12th and it's incredibly tight. No reason we can't end up 7th tomorrow.

I would argue if we win the next two games, we could end up 6th or at least very close to it. I'm fairly sure we were around 3 points off this time last season. It's very much possible to do it again. Just need to go on a run, and if you look at our form, we're doing just that.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Okay, so I have predicted results using the odds. Where the home and away sides are closely priced (Brentford, Barnsley, Wigan and Bristol City) I have predicted draws.

This is how the table would look after the weekend.

Pl            Pts

Leeds                               39           74

W Brom                            39.          72

Brentford                         39.          64

Fulham                             39           64

Notts F                             39           64

Preston                            39            60

Swansea                          39            59

Blackburn                        39            57

Cardiff                             39             57

Derby C                           39             57

Bristol C                          39             56

Millwall                            39             55

So, even if games go in accordance with the odds (which includes a win for us), we would only rise to tenth and still be in a real pack.

Preston in sixth looks so achievable yet everyone else will think the same. I still think Swansea will get sixth.

Preston v Cardiff as a draw would suit us. Then a couple of unexpected draws by other contenders would be ideal. If we beat Reading.

Archived