Will we make the play-offs

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/20 at 11:00

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rampant said:

I've backed us yesterday at 50/1 to be promoted so YES

As sports gambling is illegal in my state I am getting a friend in the UK to put  bets on for me on both top 6 finish and also promotion, when we win tomorrow, the price will come tumbling down.

Given our current form top 6 looks good and if we do get there the impetus will be such that we would take some stopping.

Rams/Forest play off final would be incredible.

16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Assuming the other positions stay the same, I'd rather finish 7th than play Forest in the play offs.

It would finish me off for sure.

I'd normally say the same... and have done more than once!  I haven't had any heart problems, but it lingers from family history, and I do fear for my well being in such a situation!  ?

But the saving grace for me would be the closed doors.  I'd be safe at home, if all went wrong.  Just put @Red_Dawn and her mates on ignore... until they lose in the final, of course!

Obviously, if we were to beat them over the two legs, then I would be cursing those wretched close doors, but hey, life ain't perfect, and it never will be.

If we must meet them in the play offs, let it be this season, I say.  Stay Home.  Stay Safe.  Stay Alive!  ?

Well I certainly prefer this to the 'will we get relegated' and 'should we sack Cocu' polls we were getting a mere 14 league games ago. 

I voted no as think the run of tough fixtures will find us out, mainly defensively. Teams that go up generally need the ability to grind out the odd result as you can't play well every game. Sadly I dont think we have a couple of gritty 0-1 away wins in our make up.

Whatever happens, I hope folk see this playoff surge as a bonus and dont set up potential failure as an excuse to start agitating for managerial change. This is not continuity from Rowett's or Lampard's time at the club, its a fresh attempt from a developing team.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is the reality that we just have to win one more game than each of the six teams above us do?

We’d need to improve our goal difference by at least 5 goals too, I think. Preston in 6th have 3 more points and their goal difference is better by 4.

Been said a few times before, as great as promotion is, it really isn’t the right time.

if by some amazing twist, that can happen in football, we get to the playoffs and get promoted, ift would be detrimental to the development of the youngsters that have started to break through and the players that are nearly there.  Not being ready for prem football could stifle the youngsters or push them back to the u23’s.

Players like Sibley, Bird, Bogle, Lowe, Knight and the fringe players will be important in our eventual domination of the Championship when we are promoted as champions.

25 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

We’d need to improve our goal difference by at least 5 goals too, I think. Preston in 6th have 3 more points and their goal difference is better by 4.

But we'd win one more and they'd lose one, so quite do-able?

I think it's a tough ask, but why not. West Brom not looking great tonight so far. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair play, that must have taken you a while to find? 

Well I hope I’m as wrong about us again this year, though tbf we were still 8th I think when I wrote that post. A much easier task. 

Only took me a couple of minutes as I made the thread ? 

But I see what you're saying, definitely an easier task last year but we're still only 3 points off so we should believe.

44 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

37 minutes ago, blue texel ram said:

simples beat Preston 2-0 

we've got the momentum

Was just about to post the same. 

A 0-2 win at theirs next Wednesday cancels out both the points advantage and GD advantage they currently hold over us.  90 mins.  Job done.  ?

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We’ve left ourselves with too much work to do imo. There’s so many teams in the mix that even one slip up will likely make the task insurmountable. It’s still possible of course, and we certainly shouldn’t give up hope at this point, but it’s unlikely. It will require the sort of consistency not seen in a Derby side since we won 7 on the spin under McClaren to make it. Annoyingly, if our form earlier in the season was just a little less poo, then we may have had a real real chance.

Yeah, but what if the other teams make one slip-up as well? Then it's still game on ,and we have the momentum! So its a "Yeah baby!" from me!

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Assuming the other positions stay the same, I'd rather finish 7th than play Forest in the play offs.

It would finish me off for sure.

I’d hate it. Imagine, it’d be torture 

I votesd yes. I think the playing infront of emoty stadiums works in our favour. We have promoted youth who are all used to playing in front od little or no fans. Like of Lawrence has no fans to get on his backs.. There were times against millwall i was annoyed we went backwards.. Ordinarily there are moans from the crowd when we go backward but i thought overall milwall was tge best we play

Weve been poor away but no fans levwls it & i think it will benift us. Tough to get top six but got to live in hope & we are the form side & someone always sneaks in so why not us ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Well I certainly prefer this to the 'will we get relegated' and 'should we sack Cocu' polls we were getting a mere 14 league games ago. 

I voted no as think the run of tough fixtures will find us out, mainly defensively. Teams that go up generally need the ability to grind out the odd result as you can't play well every game. Sadly I dont think we have a couple of gritty 0-1 away wins in our make up.

Whatever happens, I hope folk see this playoff surge as a bonus and dont set up potential failure as an excuse to start agitating for managerial change. This is not continuity from Rowett's or Lampard's time at the club, its a fresh attempt from a developing team.

Maybe but one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that I think the lack of away crowds, playing in the middle of summer and players perhaps not being as fit as they would might favor how we play football. This is purely conjecture but as we are aiming to control the game on the ball and then not press too aggressively off the ball, it may allow us to conserve energy and hopefully pass around teams till they run out of gas. 

So maybe there is less need to grind out games in the traditional sense?

Archived