Will we make the play-offs

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/20 at 11:00

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Millwall couldn't hold out without Mase the disgrace in that 2nd half. Good result for us that. The stars are aligning. 

If purely on results for other sides, I agree with you. But missing Lawrence and Wisdom for a few games tells me otherwise. Two key players in our two weakest positions (CB and wings). We need some massive performances from the players now. 

It’s kind of strange how well the results have gone for us since the league has returned to be honest.

It’s not been completely perfect, but it was never going to be. With so many ‘in the mix’, it’s impossible for points not to be dropped, but we now have the opportunity to go to within a point of 6th after 3 games back. It really is a huge game tomorrow, and if we can win despite Tom’s red and then the Andre incident, then why can’t we?

If Cocu gets us into the play offs he has worked a miracle!!  especially with whats happened at our club this season..............

If he doesn't I hope fans will still see that we are going in the right direction and not be too critical

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It’s kind of strange how well the results have gone for us since the league has returned to be honest.

It’s not been completely perfect, but it was never going to be. With so many ‘in the mix’, it’s impossible for points not to be dropped, but we now have the opportunity to go to within a point of 6th after 3 games back. It really is a huge game tomorrow, and if we can win despite Tom’s red and then the Andre incident, then why can’t we?

Amazing how our squad depth is being tested.

Since our seasons start we are currently 

- down keogh, wisdom  Marriott Lawrence bielik

- sent back Dowell and Paterson 

- brought in 3 youngsters

And let's not forget Anya.....

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If Cocu gets us into the play offs he has worked a miracle!!  especially with whats happened at our club this season..............

If he doesn't I hope fans will still see that we are going in the right direction and not be too critical

I think he already has done to be honest. The man has been hit with scandals, set backs, negative publicity, injuries. Yet despite this he’s remained calm, he’s remained positive. He’s implemented a style of play and stuck with it despite there being points of the season where it would’ve been easy to abandon all attempts to improve results.

He’s integrated young talent without rushing them in and used more experienced players alongside them to nurture and improve them. In my opinion he’s already done a fantastic job and wherever we finish this season, well done to Phillip Cocu. 

If he does however manage to get us into the top six and subsequently take us up, then he’ll automatically go down as one of the all time favourites and be talked about for a long, long time to come.

We have to capitalise on this now, the results have been very kind to us. We need to get a win vs Preston to keep the pressure up, as far as our fixtures left go it's one of our more winnable ones. I hope that we don't disappoint. 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Completely. Even if we’d still have had Bielik and Wisdom to choose from I’d be so much more confident about our prospects for this season as CB is the real paper-thin area of the squad where we can’t rely on young talent to fill in.

If we remain in the Championship and can strengthen that area with Bielik back, Wisdom hopefully back, Te Wierik’s arrival and maybe a Clarke extending his stay, then we’ll have a really strong squad again.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If purely on results for other sides, I agree with you. But missing Lawrence and Wisdom for a few games tells me otherwise. Two key players in our two weakest positions (CB and wings). We need some massive performances from the players now. 

I agree. I'm hoping that the AW incident galvanises the group and gives them extra determination to get the job done. Makes tomorrows game even bigger now given the results going like they did tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Who?

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I agree. I'm hoping that the AW incident galvanises the group and gives them extra determination to get the job done. Makes tomorrows game even bigger now given the results going like they did tonight. 

Very Good point. Can happen!

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight will play out of his skin instead of Lawrence. CH more serious. Basically close down Grabban and Forest struggle for goals. WBA will not want to play us now.

Archived