Will we make the play-offs

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/06/20 at 11:00

I think if we win our next two to make it 6 wins on the bounce we will have real chance but I am not convinced we will based off our 2nd half display vs Reading and our defending over the course of the season and recently hopefully I'm wrong but we are a  quality right winger,  a better GK and a top centre back off being the level necessary to get the points we need. Hopefully we can sign a few in the summer despite corona, as we definitely need a new keeper and a commanding centre back and a bit more quality upfront as well, we score goals becuase of our build up play but we lack that difference maker at times, on the right hand side I am not convinced Holmes or Waghorn are the answer they can do a job but are not great there.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm worried about that nasty piece of work on Wednesday. He should have been sent off in the corresponding fixture last season. I think it was either Lawrence or possibly Wilson that he tried to nobble. Horrible, sneaky specimen that I hope will be dealt with by our Wazza. 

I'm worried about him on Wednesday too, however we are nowhere near as reliant on one individual as Forest.  I'm hoping he has a quiet game against us and we come through unscathed.

I think the stars are aligning and we're set to play teams at just the right time. 

1. Preston - couldn't be much worse off than they currently are.
2. Forest - a very average side in midtable form.
3. West Brom - Is the pressure getting to them again?
4. Brentford - The toughest of the lot. Hoping to capitalise on a West Brom collapse
5. Cardiff - The 2nd toughest one. Could be the decider on who takes 6th spot. However, Fulham seem to be doing their best to allow both Cardiff and ourselves a shot at the playoffs.
6. Leeds - promotion and probably the title already confirmed at this stage. Bielsa-ball may take it's toll on their relatively small squad. 
7. Birmingham - The season's over for them. Nothing to play for, their poor form continues, and Clotet chooses to play a bunch of the kids.

image.png.479fc5c1c33721ed4e67009dc3e5a59d.png

If teams pick up the same number of points in the final 7 as the previous 7, it's going to be close...

Fulham 72
Cardiff 71
Derby 71

13 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

True. But alot less given we have a 7 point gap between us and 7th, and a much better GD.. Of course, many tough games to come. 

I will say I fancy Brentford to win the playoffs, although of all the teams in the race I think we're best suited to beat them.. 

We will see . Getting hammered at ours on Saturday will dent your self belief.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think the stars are aligning and we're set to play teams at just the right time. 

4. Brentford - The toughest of the lot. Hoping to capitalise on a West Brom collapse
5. Cardiff - The 2nd toughest one. Could be the decider on who takes 6th spot. However, Fulham seem to be doing their best to allow both Cardiff and ourselves a shot at the playoffs.
6. Leeds - promotion and probably the title already confirmed at this stage. Bielsa-ball may take it's toll on their relatively small squad. 
7. Birmingham - The season's over for them. Nothing to play for, their poor form continues, and Clotet chooses to play a bunch of the kids.

If teams pick up the same number of points in the final 7 as the previous 7, it's going to be close...

Fulham 72
Cardiff 71
Derby 71

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Players who have featured for at least 25% of the total minutes this season...

Leeds - 13 (doesn't include Roberts, Douglas, Meslier)
West Brom - 15 (doesn't include Gibbs, Hegazi, Robinson, Zohore, Grosicki)
Brentford - 14 (doesn't include Marcondes)
Forest - 15 (doesn't include Carvalho)
Fulham - 18 (doesn't include Sessegnon, McDonald)
Cardiff - 19 (doesn't include Ward, Adomah)
Preston - 16 (doesn't include Potts, Sinclair)
Derby - 20 (doesn't include Evans, Jozefzoon, Sibley, Whittaker)
Blackburn - 16 (doesn't include Cunningham, Brereton)
Swansea - 15 ((doesn't include Routledge, Dyer)
Millwall - 16 (doesn't include Leonard, O'Brien, Skalek, Bennett)
Bristol - 18 (doesn't include Paterson, Wells, Afobe, Benkovic, Henriksen, Maenpaa)

There's a few teams there who I see struggling to cope with 7 games in 3 weeks.

Players who have featured for at least 25% of the total minutes this season...

Leeds - 13 (doesn't include Roberts, Douglas, Meslier)
West Brom - 15 (doesn't include Gibbs, Hegazi, Robinson, Zohore, Grosicki)
Brentford - 14 (doesn't include Marcondes)
Forest - 15 (doesn't include Carvalho)
Fulham - 18 (doesn't include Sessegnon, McDonald)
Cardiff - 19 (doesn't include Ward, Adomah)
Preston - 16 (doesn't include Potts, Sinclair)
Derby - 20 (doesn't include Evans, Jozefzoon, Sibley, Whittaker)
Blackburn - 16 (doesn't include Cunningham, Brereton)
Swansea - 15 ((doesn't include Routledge, Dyer)
Millwall - 16 (doesn't include Leonard, O'Brien, Skalek, Bennett)
Bristol - 18 (doesn't include Paterson, Wells, Afobe, Benkovic, Henriksen, Maenpaa)

There's a few teams there who I see struggling to cope with 7 games in 3 weeks.

But how many of our 20 have we lost patience with and wouldn't want to have to turn to?

Malone, Lowe? FloJo? Dont know who the 20 are, but if the hope is that we are better placed with a broader squad, then I'm not entirely convinced.....

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But how many of our 20 have we lost patience with and wouldn't want to have to turn to?

Malone, Lowe? FloJo? Dont know who the 20 are, but if the hope is that we are better placed with a broader squad, then I'm not entirely convinced.....

From the 20 and in the first team picture: Hamer, Bogle, Wisdom, Clarke, Davies, Forsyth, Lowe, Bird, Shinnie, Rooney, Holmes, Knight, Lawrence, Waghorn, Martin

From the 20 and unlikely to feature: Roos, Bielik, Malone, Huddlestone, Marriott

Not included in the 20: Evans, Sibley, Jozefzoon, Whittaker

From the 20 and in the first team picture: Hamer, Bogle, Wisdom, Clarke, Davies, Forsyth, Lowe, Bird, Shinnie, Rooney, Holmes, Knight, Lawrence, Waghorn, Martin

From the 20 and unlikely to feature: Roos, Bielik, Malone, Huddlestone, Marriott

Not included in the 20: Evans, Sibley, Jozefzoon, Whittaker

So our 20 is in reality 17, if we accept Evans and Sibley are proper squad players so add to the 15 in your first block and might be up to 19 if we bring in the other 2.

Bigger number than I thought tbh

15 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fulham 72
Cardiff 71
Derby 71

It is possible to *polish a turd"

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lamouchi’s done a good job of it to be fair

All coming up Millhouse for them, after a standard Forest first half of getting away with a blatant penalty and then scoring against the run of play, end up with no Lawrence, Wisdom and even Mitrovic got banned. 

Archived