Live football thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surely there’s got to be some sort of precendent for this though? It’s literally flashed up GOAL on his watch at half time when the system came back online! It’s a technological glitch, that can’t be what stops Sheff United from getting top four!

Check the laws of the game.

As for it costing Sheffield United a place in the top 4, there are so many variables in one single game, multiplied by 38 that means one single incident can't be shown to have cost anything of the sort. Who's to say that Villa wouldn't have run it upfield from the restart and equalised? Or any other combination of events caused by players and ball being repositioned after the goal. 

Think people should be questioning the morals of the Aston Villa management. Especially after the game against Leeds last season, but no the first port of call after we realise what's happened is the officials

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think people should be questioning the morals of the Aston Villa management. Especially after the game against Leeds last season, but no the first port of call after we realise what's happened is the officials

It’s the officials job to referee the game and give quite clear goals, not the Aston Villa management.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It’s the officials job to referee the game and give quite clear goals, not the Aston Villa management.

How can they give it when the tech fails on them? I would have more sympathy for your reply if fans, pundits, managers and players didn't devalue the officials over time. Maybe the officials will be in better positions to give the goal then and we can allow human error in decisions, like it used to be.

I've got my sky sports through NOW TV.
Was watching on the main tellybox, and all was perfect, but have just swapped to Laptop, on the "NOW TV Player".  The sound (commentary) is somewhat warbling/echoing.  Is this common?

Edit:

Not all the time.  On and off.  Seems worse on the commentators mic than his sidekick?  

Edited by Mucker1884

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

How can they give it when the tech fails on them? I would have more sympathy for your reply if fans, pundits, managers and players didn't devalue the officials over time. Maybe the officials will be in better positions to give the goal then and we can allow human error in decisions, like it used to be.

VAR could have overruled the decision having seen the replay clearly showing its a goal. I don’t blame the onfield officials, but I sure as hell blame Paul Tierney in the VAR booth.

Edited by Millenniumram

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

VAR could have overruled the decision having seen the replay clearly showing its a goal. I don’t blame the onfield officials, but I sure as hell blame Paul Tierney in the VAR booth.

Blame the win at all costs attitudes of clubs now as well..... I would be interested to hear the officials and Mr Smiths interview.....

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I thought they brought in the technology to assist the officials, not replace them - Ref may have not been able to see, but the linesman should have seen it and VAR officials should have seen it. Since VAR came in they’ve started using technology as an excuse for incompetence - rather than decisions being more accurate and more reliable we’re actually seeing more mistakes as officials duck their responsibilities.....

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Blame the win at all costs attitudes of clubs now as well..... I would be interested to hear the officials and Mr Smiths interview.....

I’d be very interested to hear an interview with the officials... shame we can’t get one. As for Dean Smith, he will know he’s stolen a point there, but he won’t care - and rightly so, it’s not his job to make up for the incompetence of officiating in this country.

54 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Have seen a few tweets alluding to the Leeds match, but I genuinely can’t recall what happened (have Swiss cheese for a brain when it comes to non-dcfc related footy). Could somebody enlighten me (and pardon my ignorance!)

29 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I thought they brought in the technology to assist the officials, not replace them - Ref may have not been able to see, but the linesman should have seen it and VAR officials should have seen it. 

I agree. But I suppose the linesman would have had the goalie in the way and the ref's view was fore-shortened. But VAR? The ref when questioned on field tapped his watch (to indicate no 'buzz') and his earpiece, I assume to indicate nothing from VAR!

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Have seen a few tweets alluding to the Leeds match, but I genuinely can’t recall what happened (have Swiss cheese for a brain when it comes to non-dcfc related footy). Could somebody enlighten me (and pardon my ignorance!)

Villa player down injured.  Leeds player makes out to kick the ball out to enable treatment.  Everyone stops.  Leeds play on... and score.  All Hell breaks out.  Bielsa orders Whites to stand aside, allowing Villa to score a "free goal" equaliser.
Bielsa hailed a sporting God, (And Leeds are later awarded a Fair Play award!) despite it being his team that cheated in the first place!

Same old Dirties... Always cheating!