Live football thread.

Rev

51 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Can't rely on Leeds to do us a favour ?

It’s fine. We take care of our business and we don’t need favours from Leeds. If we want Leeds to drop j to the play offs, especially with Fulham ducking it up yesterday, then we need them to drop some serious points, so I’m more than happy with this result. We’ve got 8 more games to real in 3 points against Cardiff. Not a problem. 

i could’ve done with a consolation from Leeds though, to keep the goal difference I’m check. Stupid Bamford. 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

You have to feel for Patrick Bamford’s missus with him being Patrick Bamford 

FTFY.

Sith Happens

Cardiff and Leeds, two of the most odious teams in the Championship. Shame they couldn't have found a way to both lose.

I very rarely watch live football on the TV but watched 4 games of the opening round of fixtures this weekend as the missus has been working and there's been no sport for so long.

Deary me - do people really pay that much money to have access to this kind of stuff?

The football itself has been so slow paced. It's cagey, negative and there's extremely limited opportunities for any individual expression outside of the rigid, over-rehearsed structures seemingly every team employs. Feels like team shape and organisation has been perfected and it really stifles any ideas of attacking play anyone might have.

Maybe it's always been like this, but it feels like all the players are perfectly programmed robots. It needs some imperfections to get some excitement into the games.

I'm not going to start on the pundits as I've seen enough Match of the Day to know they are exclusively reactionist cliche merchants, but the presentation never gets elevated above surface-level hype. There's so little nuance in their analysis or discussion and they seemingly all agree with each other - where's the original thought?

Boring. Haven't missed it one bit and won't be tuning in again.

Grumble grumble grumble.

If that's a penalty we may as well pack up.

It's a challenge in the box, yes Mee makes minimal contact with Aguero, but to class that as a deliberate foul is beyond harsh.

No referee in the the game would give that in real time, therefore it's not a clear and obvious mistake.

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

If that's a penalty we may as well pack up.

It's a challenge in the box, yes Mee makes minimal contact with Aguero, but to class that as a deliberate foul is beyond harsh.

No referee in the the game would give that in real time, therefore it's not a clear and obvious mistake.

Yea, but, it's Manchester City..

13 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Can anyone explain why they don't stop the clock for the drinks break?

Ref probably adds 30 seconds of stoppage to his counter; although I can't say I've been watching closely enough to notice if HT has been blown on the dot of 45 minutes in any of the games.