Live football thread.

Rev

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Arsenal making a huge deal over winning the Charity Shield. The celebrations were cringy.

And now their players are coming out saying it’s removed the mental block beating City, and now they know they can beat them.

I’m pretty sure they only beat them on penalties after a lucky last-minute deflected equalizer in what is an otherwise glorified friendly. 

It’s like they are trying to convince themselves of something. It’s weird.

That's what they're convincing themselves of, hopefully. Not weird at all.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's what they're convincing themselves of, hopefully. Not weird at all.

I’ve never seen a team celebrate winning the charity shield before like this. Not even during the days of the Arsenal v United rivalry.

Convincing themselves they have unlocked something isn’t weird.

Celebrating like they just won the FA Cup though is. Not even Leicester celebrated like that.

Mildly interesting little factoid popped up about the Tranmere vs. Barnsley match going on right now. The last time they met in the League Cup was back in November 1999. Tranmere's keeper that day was Joe Murphy. Tranmere's keeper today is the very same Joe Murphy. Almost feels like that shouldn't be possible.

Messi is ripping it up in the MLS he must be loving it.

He’s played five, scored eight and has some assists too. Inter Miami were winless in 13 before his arrival and now they’ve won every game since.

Interestingly Robert Taylor plays for Miami. He was released by Forest, couldn’t cut it at Barnet in the conference, went back to play in Finland, had spells in Norway and Sweden yet now plays alongside Messi, Busquets and Jordi Alba. What a story.

There was also a story earlier of one of Charlotte’s centre-backs who played against Messi is on a scholar deal where he only earns something like $30k a year. I think it was mentioned that Messi earns his yearly salary in just a few hours.

The disparity is laughable. I mean Messi, even at 36, is still performing at a world class level yet he is playing against some players who would struggle to hold down a regular place in a League Two side.

Edited by Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Arsenal v florist delayed kick off by at least half an hour due to new e ticketing system not working. 40,000 locked out. Technology eh😂

Embarrassing for Arsenal - £100m spent on Rice yet can’t afford a proper ticketing system…

On 12/08/2023 at 05:58, Bris Vegas said:

Messi is ripping it up in the MLS he must be loving it.

He’s played five, scored eight and has some assists too. Inter Miami were winless in 13 before his arrival and now they’ve won every game since.

Interestingly Robert Taylor plays for Miami. He was released by Forest, couldn’t cut it at Barnet in the conference, went back to play in Finland, had spells in Norway and Sweden yet now plays alongside Messi, Busquets and Jordi Alba. What a story.

There was also a story earlier of one of Charlotte’s centre-backs who played against Messi is on a scholar deal where he only earns something like $30k a year. I think it was mentioned that Messi earns his yearly salary in just a few hours.

The disparity is laughable. I mean Messi, even at 36, is still performing at a world class level yet he is playing against some players who would struggle to hold down a regular place in a League Two side.

I heard a story once about tigers that were released in the Serengeti to see how they would get on outside their natural environment. They proceeded down to the nearest watering hole and killed dozens of antelope like a cat would play with mice. They very quickly swept up the tigers and took them back to where they belong. The Serengeti, used to lazy lions, just wasn’t ready for the tigers. That sounds like Messi in the MLS. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How on earth was that not a penalty? If any other player but the keeper had piled into a challenge and missed everything but the opposition player then they'd have given a foul and at least a booking. VAR is pointless.

Unbelievable decision no doubt someone will be apologising to wolves tomorrow, not good enough top sides get preferential treatment VAR was supposedly brought in to get correct decisions 

On 13/08/2023 at 17:27, TigerTedd said:

I heard a story once about tigers that were released in the Serengeti to see how they would get on outside their natural environment. They proceeded down to the nearest watering hole and killed dozens of antelope like a cat would play with mice. They very quickly swept up the tigers and took them back to where they belong. The Serengeti, used to lazy lions, just wasn’t ready for the tigers. That sounds like Messi in the MLS. 

A tiger? In Africa?