Live football thread.

Rev

2 hours ago, alram said:

so what were we in then because we looked as bad against them?

We deserved to finish where we finished. This whole 96 points record breaking season malarkey makes sheff wed appear a lot better than they actually are. They are useless going forward and most of their wins were by the odd goal.

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

We deserved to finish where we finished. This whole 96 points record breaking season malarkey makes sheff wed appear a lot better than they actually are. They are useless going forward and most of their wins were by the odd goal.

That was us when we went up with jimmy cranky. Maybe it’s for the best if they don’t go up. 

City are probably going to win the treble this season.

Are they the greatest side ever?

I rank Barcelona 2009-11 as the greatest ever side, but I think this City side are more physical and have more areas covered.

They are like a hybrid of the finesse and sheer dominance on the ball that Barcelona had plus the physicality of that Bayern Munich 2013 side which also won everything.

United’s 99 side won everything. But they didn’t dominate sides. They ground out the league on like 79 points which would finish 3rd in any other season and they fluked the CL after being a distant second best to Bayern for 89 minutes.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I rank Barcelona 2009-11 as the greatest ever side, but I think this City side are more physical and have more areas covered.

They are like a hybrid of the finesse and sheer dominance on the ball that Barcelona had plus the physicality of that Bayern Munich 2013 side which also won everything.

United’s 99 side won everything. But they didn’t dominate sides. They ground out the league on like 79 points which would finish 3rd in any other season and they fluked the CL after being a distant second best to Bayern for 89 minutes.

Are they going to ever be looked at for over 100 FFP breaches or do they not count.  They're like the Cosa Nostra of the football world.  I look forward to them spending another 300 million this summer with no accountability. 

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

i think they are. they are the definiton of perfection as a football team. the points tallys they rack up is insane.

you are dead right they are like a hybrid of the best bits of both bayern & barca put together.

the only thing they are missing is the chamions league.

Edited by alram

16 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Are they going to ever be looked at for over 100 FFP breaches or do they not count.  They're like the Cosa Nostra of the football world.  I look forward to them spending another 300 million this summer with no accountability. 

They haven’t been found guilty of any charges yet. But even still, I don’t understand what the big deal is.

So they have spent money.

Well Man Utd have spent more on fees and wages than City over the past 10 years. PSG are another level entirely.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

They haven’t been found guilty of any charges yet. But even still, I don’t understand what the big deal is.

So they have spent money.

Well Man Utd have spent more on fees and wages than City over the past 10 years. PSG are another level entirely.

there are two teams in the prem that have a bigger wage bill than city

people just use the money insult out of envy, reality is they have always had money and werent this dominant, what they are now is a fantastic side that is well coached