Live football thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's bad, yes, but it's a glancing blow. You wouldn't hit the deck like that in our boozer, I can tell you.

Stupid wasn’t it to but to be honest I was thinking the same, would a plastic bottle of water really effect you like that? They even brought a stretcher ?

Just watched, well endured, Brentford Everton. Brentford throw in took about a minute to take in injury time. Three players before it was taken, ref books second player. 5 mins injury time and he plays 15 seconds extra. Why not add double time that is wasted on, and yes we would waste time too. I hate it and it’s conning the public, needs addressing…..

#justsaying 

Messi wins an incredible seventh Balon d'Or.

Harsh on Lewandowski who had a fantastic year, especially after he missed out in 2020. Messi coming in for criticism for winning it, but he still scored 41 goals and grabbed 17 assists while winning the Copa America (also top scorer/assists).

The award certainly has its flaws. It's a team game afterall. So the success of one player is always dependant on the team surely. You could score 100 goals a season and win nothing if your team can't defend.