Live football thread.

Rev

37 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This aged well. 

City won’t win all 6. They never score at Spurs, let alone win, and with CL and FA Cup games too their schedule is hectic.

Today was a big surprise though. I thought the others may slip up in an away game, not at home.

City probably can’t believe their luck.

On 13/04/2024 at 19:38, TigerTedd said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Man United are so crap!!

im glad Newcastle have caught them. They e been in a false position for ages with people wondering if they can catch Tottenham and villa. No! Of course they f****** can’t. They’re crap. 

even the incredibly crap Chelsea could over take them if they win their games in hand. And West Ham are only one win away from overtaking them.

they won’t even have Europa league next season at this rate, and they don’t deserve it. The points they have got have been very lucky, they should be down in the bottom half somewhere. Which is shocking for a Man Utd team. 

I don’t know why I care so much. I don’t like Man Utd at all, but it’s just shocking to see how the mighty have fallen so far. It’s strange to see such a top 4 mainstay from my youth reduced to such mediocrity.

i honestly think there’s some thing psychological there about me feeling that society peaked in the 90s and this is making me realise more and more that Those days are long gone. 

Have a like and please say it again 😀

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

50 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

City won’t win all 6. They never score at Spurs, let alone win, and with CL and FA Cup games too their schedule is hectic.

Today was a big surprise though. I thought the others may slip up in an away game, not at home.

Not so sure about that Bris about winning all 6, citeh are like a war machine they don’t stop

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Not so sure about that Bris about winning all 6, citeh are like a war machine they don’t stop

They do seem to come into their own at this time of year.

Both Liverpool and Arsenal losing is big too, as if either had drawn, they could at least still have GD on their side.

You do get the feeling Arsenal and Liverpool will have to go 6/6 now, because while I don’t see City winning all six, you’re asking a lot for them to drop points in two games.

City could afford their annual loss at Spurs if their rivals also drop more points.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Half the Liverpool team wouldn’t get into city’s second XI. And Arsenal are no better. The surprise is that city haven't already won it. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Half the Liverpool team wouldn’t get into city’s second XI. And Arsenal are no better. The surprise is that city haven't already won it. 

Crazy talk.

Liverpool have got some brilliant players - Allison, Van Dijk, Salah, McAllister and Robertson would get in any side in the PL.

Jota, Konate, Szoboszlai, Trent and Diaz are all top quality too. 

City have a core group of world class players in Dias, Rodri, KDB, Foden, Walker, Bernardo Silva and Haaland (Stones, Gvardiol and Ederson are top quality too) but I don’t think Liverpool or Arsenal would look at Akanji, Doku, Ake, Alvarez, Grealish, Bobb, Lewis, Nunes or Kovacic as players that would improve them.

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Very few away teams do. 

It’s a big week for Liverpool. They have a mountain to climb in Atalanta before playing 3 PL away games on the spin in a week.

Their season could seriously crumble in the next two weeks.

I had them down to win the title, but I’m edging towards Arsenal now.

City’s fixture pile up will catch up with them, especially if they go far in the CL.

Have Liverpool won a game since you predicted they would win the treble?

And now as soon as you jump ship to Arsenal they blow it as well 😂

Let me guess, you predict Man City will win it now?

Please please please do us a favour and predict Bolton or Peterborough to go up in 2nd place 🙏 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have Liverpool won a game since you predicted they would win the treble?

And now as soon as you jump ship to Arsenal they blow it as well 😂

Let me guess, you predict Man City will win it now?

Please please please do us a favour and predict Bolton or Peterborough to go up in 2nd place 🙏 

I have a 50/1 accumulator I do every season looking pretty good. Derby promotion is included in that 😀

But I didn’t realize the season had already finished.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I have a 50/1 accumulator I do every season looking pretty good. Derby promotion is included in that 😀

But I didn’t realize the season had already finished.

Fair comment...

...Still another 4 weeks for you to get more predictions wrong yet.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Fair comment...

...Still another 4 weeks for you to get more predictions wrong yet.

As long as I get the important things right, I don’t mind going wrong on some of the smaller details.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Crazy talk.

Liverpool have got some brilliant players - Allison, Van Dijk, Salah, McAllister and Robertson would get in any side in the PL.

Jota, Konate, Szoboszlai, Trent and Diaz are all top quality too. 

Yep brilliant players

Liverpool 0 Atalanta 3

Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 1  

😁

2 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Yep brilliant players

Liverpool 0 Atalanta 3

Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 1  

😁

They've never replaced Mane.  Nunez is the new Tommy Johnson.  In a side that created 2 or 3 good chances a game he'd be on about 6 for the season.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They've never replaced Mane.  Nunez is the new Tommy Johnson.  In a side that created 2 or 3 good chances a game he'd be on about 6 for the season.

Mane is 3/4 rungs up the ladder from Nunez, Klipperty had a gamble on him and failed...£64million doesn't buy you that much these days 😉 

7 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Cole Palmer ripping Everton a new one...2 goals in the 1st 20mins, Why does he rub both arms when scoring a goal...this old un knows nowt about these celebrations...no sweets please 😁

Hat trick in 28 minutes

9 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Cole Palmer ripping Everton a new one...2 goals in the 1st 20mins, Why does he rub both arms when scoring a goal...this old un knows nowt about these celebrations...no sweets please 😁

Woah he looks bloody good. Great hat trick, such nonchalance for his third too.