Live football thread.

Rev

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I want Liverpool to win this, but I don’t understand how Benzema was offside then if it was Fabinho who played the ball.

It shows how crazy the rules are now - it comes off a Liverpool player and it’s offside because he didn’t mean to pass the ball to Benzema yet if a ball accidentally hits an arm in the box it’s a penalty - and Peter Walton is a complete waste of space

58 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Perhaps they are worried about opening the gates and being rushed by ticketless fans? Same thing happened at Wembley right?

Michael Owen thinks it is a goal, so it must be offside.

Love ex players arguing with ex refs about the rules.   

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I want Liverpool to win this, but I don’t understand how Benzema was offside then if it was Fabinho who played the ball.

Played it unintentionally but the rule is fukn stupid. Even players don't understand it. If it takes several minutes to get a VAR ruling then they really need to simplify things.

Peter Walton the ref said it was easy decision and not a goal. His analysis of the goal was completely wrong though. If Madrid player played the ball and it hit Fabinho then it’s offside but the Madrid player didn’t touch it Fabinho went for the tackle didn’t go where he intended but that’s no reason to disallow it. Shocking call and shocking referee analysis from Peter Walton.

17 minutes ago, sage said:

80& of goals Liverpool concede are in the space behnd TAA 

They purposely play that way. TAA plays so high. Risk vs reward. 

Liverpool didn’t win a single game against the other top four this season (drew them all). I remember Foden and Son scoring key goals from getting in behind Liverpool’s right side. 

Can’t help but feel the best teams clock on to it. It’s little wonder why Southgate prefers Kyle Walker. Not saying TAA is a bad defender, but I feel he is made to look worse defensively due to Liverpool’s style. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Feel sorry for Liverpool. Much the best team on on the night but haven't taken their chances.

Real Madrid have pretty much just done a Chelsea. They’ve been outplayed from the quarter-final onwards but somehow come away with the trophy.