Season tickets

Woodley Ram

On 13/06/2020 at 13:45, Chilwellram said:

Does anybody know what will happen if i renew my season ticket for next season and the games will still be played behind closed doors ?

I read some were that fans could be allowed back in pp in september.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/06/2020 at 13:45, Chilwellram said:

Does anybody know what will happen if i renew my season ticket for next season and the games will still be played behind closed doors ?

On 13/06/2020 at 14:08, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine we’ll go through this process again. A few different pro-rota options, etc...

Precisely.
As even the club won't know yet, nobody can predict anything.
First off, we'll have to wait to see if we get locked out of any games (in the 20/21 season).  Then we'll have to see exactly how many.  Then... even if we return at some mid point or other...  we'll have to wait until the season actually finishes (or get's cancelled unfinished), to avoid any possible "second/third/fourth etc waves", and a second/third/fourth etc lock-out. 
Only then will the club be in a position to know the facts (exactly how many games are played behind closed doors and/or permanently cancelled) and thus start this whole process again, of making us an offer (or offers) of compensation.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Precisely.
As even the club won't know yet, nobody can predict anything.
First off, we'll have to wait to see if we get locked out of any games (in the 20/21 season).  Then we'll have to see exactly how many.  Then... even if we return at some mid point or other...  we'll have to wait until the season actually finishes (or get's cancelled unfinished), to avoid any possible "second/third/fourth etc waves", and a second/third/fourth etc lock-out. 
Only then will the club be in a position to know the facts (exactly how many games are played behind closed doors and/or permanently cancelled) and thus start this whole process again, of making us an offer (or offers) of compensation.

I think what ever is agreed for refunds for next year is different than the current offer, sure If you have 10 or 20% off the price for next year that will be taken into account, but next year is a different kettle of fish and we will have to wait a little longer to fine out what it looks like 

13 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think what ever is agreed for refunds for next year is different than the current offer, sure If you have 10 or 20% off the price for next year that will be taken into account, but next year is a different kettle of fish and we will have to wait a little longer to fine out what it looks like 

Totally agree.

Whatever discount is currently being offered/accepted against 20/21 Season Tickets is purely as compensation for not being able to attend 4 home games in this 19/20 season.

If we have to miss games in 20/21, they should be viewed as each being 1/23rd of the full season ticket value, not 1/23rd of the paid discounted price.  Particularly when looking at refunds, of course, as opposed to discounts for the following 21/22 season.

But hey... that's a year away yet...

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just realised...

Are DCFC the unluckiest Championship club this season?  Almost certainly missing out on their biggest 2 home game attendances (ticket sales) of the season!

True but at least we only have four home games we’re missing. Some have lost five.

I can see the club setting themselves up for a bit of a fall here. They are sending the voucher codes out on Thursday when the game kicks off at lunchtime on the Saturday. The phone lines are off so this only leaves email to try and resolve any issues. If people have any problems it doesn’t leave them much time to remedy the situation. If people don’t receive codes in time then they will have to look at reimbursement for the game they miss. Hopefully it will be full proof but the who process isn’t very clear and doesn’t fill me with much confidence. I hope I am proven wrong. 

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I can see the club setting themselves up for a bit of a fall here. They are sending the voucher codes out on Thursday when the game kicks off at lunchtime on the Saturday. The phone lines are off so this only leaves email to try and resolve any issues. If people have any problems it doesn’t leave them much time to remedy the situation. If people don’t receive codes in time then they will have to look at reimbursement for the game they miss. Hopefully it will be full proof but the who process isn’t very clear and doesn’t fill me with much confidence. I hope I am proven wrong. 

To be fair the club have given everyone plenty of time to fill in the form and then log into their account to make sure the email address is correct so that the code goes to the correct place. 

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If we have to miss games in 20/21, they should be viewed as each being 1/23rd of the full season ticket value, not 1/23rd of the paid discounted price.  Particularly when looking at refunds, of course, as opposed to discounts for the following 21/22 season.

Come on @Mucker1884 , positive mental attitude, that should be 1/19th coz we're gonna be in the Premier League ????

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

From my experience and from what I've read, they're not replying to emails, tweets or anything else so If your code doesn't arrive, it appears you're / we're  basically screwed.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

From my experience and from what I've read, they're not replying to emails, tweets or anything else so If your code doesn't arrive, it appears you're / we're  basically screwed.

Where have you seen they are not replying to emails? The website support address is responding to emails. 

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Are they sending in post? Our saturday post cancelled at moment so even more doubtful! 

Archived