Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

TobyWanKenobi

Watched a couple over the weekend:

Predestination - Bit of a mindf**k, but an enjoyable one. 8/10

Interstellar - Interesting, and a nice idea, but the ending was a little stupid. 6/10.

22 Jump Street

I remembered enjoying 21 Jump Street but couldn't remember a thing about it and this one is much the same. Good but instantly forgettable.

I like the constant knowing references to the storyline here being exactly the same as it was first time and that "the second time is never as good as the first". Some good jokes & particularly liked the comical chase scene past the "Benjamin Hill Centre for film Studies" building. Some good end credits comedy as well.

8/10. Tongue firmly in cheek & good fun.

22 Jump Street

I remembered enjoying 21 Jump Street but couldn't remember a thing about it and this one is much the same. Good but instantly forgettable.

I like the constant knowing references to the storyline here being exactly the same as it was first time and that "the second time is never as good as the first". Some good jokes & particularly liked the comical chase scene past the "Benjamin Hill Centre for film Studies" building. Some good end credits comedy as well.

8/10. Tongue firmly in cheek & good fun.

Before I go to sleep

Nicole Kidman is an amnesiac, forgets her life every night she goes to sleep and wakes up with no memory of her husband and the last 14 years. Colin Firth & Mark Strong also, who may or may not be telling her the truth.

Enjoyed this. Read the book a few years ago on holiday. Surprisingly short film at about 1hr 20 but some good twists along the way.

8/10

Charlie & Boots - An aussie film about a father and son road trip starring Paul Hogan.  After his wife suddenly dies Charlie (Hogan) struggles to come to terms with his loss.  His son, Boots, decides to take him on a road trip to go fishing from Australias northern most point, something his father had promised they would do when he was a child.  While there isn't much action it has a few laughs and a good storyline that deals with grief and strained family relations sensitively while not losing it's lighthearted nature.  Easy watching for a lazy afternoon. 7/10

The Edge of Tomorrow: For saying I dislike Tom Cruise, I like a lot of his films and this is no different. Bit of a groundhog day scenario, almost inspired by an old computer game where you keep dying and restart the level and have to keep getting further through the level. Well worth a watch. 7.5/10

The Edge of Tomorrow: For saying I dislike Tom Cruise, I like a lot of his films and this is no different. Bit of a groundhog day scenario, almost inspired by an old computer game where you keep dying and restart the level and have to keep getting further through the level. Well worth a watch. 7.5/10

I love animated movies, and there is no shame in that. As said previously, Big Hero 6 is fantastic and hilarious in parts. The scene where he was low on battery and was acting drunk had me in stitches, genius stuff.

Some other movies I've seen recently:

Duff 2/10 - Boring teen highschool move which strangely had good reviews

The Judge 9/10 - Recommend this, good movie and Robert Downey Jr pulls off his role well

Divergent 5/10 - Watched this as the second one is out soon. A rip off of the Hunger Games? Too Cliche for my liking.

Focus 8/10 - I watched this in Spanish so there were a few jokes in here which got lost, but from the idea - entertaining.

Hector and the Search for Happiness 6/10 - Simon Pegg is awesome, but this wasn't his finest movie. Average.

The Interview 7/10 - Love the cast, but not a classic. Not sure I'd watch it again, but it has its moments.

Mud 9/10 - Mathew McConaughey with another excellent performance. Recommend this too.