Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Unbroken : Derby's own Jack O'Connell stars as a pre-war Olympic athlete who gets captured by Japanese after surviving on a raft for 6 weeks. He is singled out for torture at the hands of a sadistic Detention camp boss. I'd give it 8/10, maybe a bit biased, but I also love films set way back when.

Bone Tomahawk

Kurt Russell as the town sheriff when a lost tribe kidnap the deputy and Banshee's Lili Simmons. A ragtag posse head off in pursuit. Western meets horror, some might say it's too slow paced, until a lot of action in the finale, but I like the building of the suspense. Probably 7.5 as it's a little unpolished in parts, though on the whole does a good job. It is very, very violent - not for the squeamish. Did I say it was violent? And then some...

Interstellar is one of my favourite movies of the last few years, but I like the science of it all.

Gravity I wasn't that keen on, though I watched it on my laptop and supposedly missed the amazing effects at the Cinema.

The Martian is brilliant, 9/10. Plenty of humour in it too

Same here. Love Interstellar and it is one of the few recent films where the film score is sublime, oh that organ.

Gravity was fantastic to look at but didn't really do a lot.

The Martian is a another great film. Love the humour and Matt Damon puts in a brilliant performance, plus it gets bonus points for having Jeff Daniels and Sean Bean.

Exodus: Gods & Kings

Story of Moses leading the slaves out of Egypt, with plagues and parting of the Red Sea etc.

It looks great, as you would expect from a Ridley Scott film, with impressive scale to the locations, action sequences and visual effects but unfortunately they forgot to write a good script or have any interesting characters. A good cast (Ben Kingsley, Sigourney Weaver, Christian Bale) was completely wasted.

5/10

The Drop.

Starring Tom Hardy and the late James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano), tells the story of bars that are being used by Chechen gangsters to store their dirty money. Basically Gandolfini runs a bar which is robbed, Hardy is the barman. There's a side story of Hardy finding a pitbull puppy in a 'trash can'. The puppy is the only reason for watching the film to be honest. There's a irrelevant cop or two, who don't actually add anything to the storyline.

Well worth a swerve.

4/10 

• 2 weeks later...

James Bond: Quantum of Solace

I'd avoided this in the past due to poor reviews & with hopefully seeing Spectre soon, thought it was time to fill in the blanks.

For a Bond film it isn't that long and some of the action sequences are exciting. However, the film seems to be nothing but action sequences and often confusing, over-edited ones at that. I was relieved when each one finished but there was nothing in between. No story, no character development and then along came more shaky camera and cuts every half second and we were off again. At the end of it, I honestly couldn't say what the plot was.

Really, really poor. No wonder everyone thought Skyfall was so great, having followed that mess.

4/10

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I believe you'd benefit from watching 'Shark in Venice'.

It makes 3 Headed Shark look like Citizen Kane.

That would take some doing mate. Danny Trejo chopped off one of its heads and it instantly grew three more, wtf?!

The way it ultimately met its end was equally as plausible.....:lol:

Started to watch a bit of Thirteen Days last night at around 23:40, just to see what it was like. Ended up staying til 2 in the morning watching it, I was so gripped.

8/10

Also, continuing a Costner fest, Draft Day is a very watchable and enjoyable film if you have a light grasp of American Football and the Draft. Lots of elements and roles in it that get better after the first viewing.

7.5/10