Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Avengers: Age of Ultron 

9/10.

only problem I have with it is there's no mention as to how Iron Man had loads of suits again. At the end of iron man 3 he destroyed them all. Also captain America lost his shield at the end of the winter soldier but has it back at the start of this film

Avengers: Age of Ultron 

9/10.

only problem I have with it is there's no mention as to how Iron Man had loads of suits again. At the end of iron man 3 he destroyed them all. Also captain America lost his shield at the end of the winter soldier but has it back at the start of this film

I hear a lot of the little plot holes are solved via dialogue in Agents of Shield, which is set between the last avengers and Age of Ultron. but I don't watch it so cannot confirm those mutterings.

Saw The Martian on Sunday. Didn't think 3D added much (when I really expected it to). It was also fascinating to see how ruthlessly they cut the book to make the film easy to follow, even though I felt it led to everything being a bit too easy for Mark Watney. It was polished and well rounded but I felt lacked drama, so I'd give it 7.5.

Have the premiere of something called Bone Tomahawk on Saturday - will report back!

Saw The Martian on Sunday. Didn't think 3D added much (when I really expected it to). It was also fascinating to see how ruthlessly they cut the book to make the film easy to follow, even though I felt it led to everything being a bit too easy for Mark Watney. It was polished and well rounded but I felt lacked drama, so I'd give it 7.5.

Have the premiere of something called Bone Tomahawk on Saturday - will report back!

Kermode said it was so good he could have watched it again right away.

Kermode said it was so good he could have watched it again right away.

Guess you're talking about The Martian, Ovis? I missed Kermode's review. I felt the lack of drama was a fault with the book too, but exaccerbated by having to cut scenes to fit the film. Also, many of the Mars terrain long shots looked like models. When you think back to Ridley Scott doing Blade Runner and that opening sequence when the cityscape looked vast and real, it was a big contrast for me with the Mars vehicle looking like a little dinky toy.

Guess you're talking about The Martian, Ovis? I missed Kermode's review. I felt the lack of drama was a fault with the book too, but exaccerbated by having to cut scenes to fit the film. Also, many of the Mars terrain long shots looked like models. When you think back to Ridley Scott doing Blade Runner and that opening sequence when the cityscape looked vast and real, it was a big contrast for me with the Mars vehicle looking like a little dinky toy.

I will watch it as soon as I can find a torrent , somewhere to acquire it, there has been a purge again on sites this week.

I will watch it as soon as I can find a torrent , somewhere to acquire it, there has been a purge again on sites this week.

Why not go to the cinema and experience it on the giant screen with big surround sound as intended? Make an event of it!

As someone who works in the creative industries, I despair of internet piracy and those who make use of it. If everyone had the same approach to copyright theft, there wouldn't be any movies. For the amount of work that goes into them, books and films are incredibly good value. Keep the purges coming, I say!

Why not go to the cinema and experience it on the giant screen with big surround sound as intended? Make an event of it!

As someone who works in the creative industries, I despair of internet piracy and those who make use of it. If everyone had the same approach to copyright theft, there wouldn't be any movies. For the amount of work that goes into them, books and films are incredibly good value. Keep the purges coming, I say!

I have not been to the flics for about twenty years.

May be better for your industry if actors where treated like they where in Shakespeare's time, about on the same level as a dustman, instead of poncing about like royalty earning millions per film.

Just joking :)

The Martian 9/10...

Really enjoyed the film. Very light hearted feel to it... 

Thought Gravity was better though. Whereas Gravity got me on edge of the seat, The Martian didn't... 

The Martian 9/10...

Really enjoyed the film. Very light hearted feel to it... 

Thought Gravity was better though. Whereas Gravity got me on edge of the seat, The Martian didn't... 

That's worrying because I really wanted to see Martian, when you say Gravity was better I'll have to skip it.

Gravity looked great but was more cheesy than a bag of babybells 

That's worrying because I really wanted to see Martian, when you say Gravity was better I'll have to skip it.

I preferred Gravity because it was a simple story. It is meant to be that way... Woman in peril on her own etc. 

Dont skip The Martian. Very light hearted film and plenty of poo references which would be right up your street

Don't skip it, he's an idiot, it's much better than Gravity.

8.5/10

Interstellar was an ordeal to watch, this was gripping. Didn't feel it's length and sort of works as an updated, more fun version of Castaway. Matt Damon's really likeable and the science is all legit.

EDIT: you're not actually an idiot, Mafia, none of this actually matters and if you like Gravity more, that's fine. But if you like Interstellar more, you're a ********.

Edited by Leicester Ram