Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

I know this isn't a recent movie, but it was the last one I watched.

12 Years a Slave.

I've had the book for a good few years, and never got too far into it, as it's basically a lawyer's account of the tale from the mid 19th Century, with all the different language of the time, so in the absence of footie whacked it on.

It really is like nothing I've seen before, the indescribable cruelty of slavery made flesh and blood and real, generations later, such a tough watch I had to pause it more than once to get some fresh air.

It's a film that will stay with me forever, It's made me think and I hate that!

Keogh/10, only because Fassbender looked so much like him during a particularly harrowing scene.

Deadpool 2

1.5/10

Terrible sequel. Not into kids films but enjoyed the first, but this one went full on kids tv where even the humour fell flat as the film was pure torture to the eyes.

Being generous with the 1.5 and that’s pretty much given just for the intro.

Joker 7/10

Loses a mark because of the hype. It’s a good film for saying it’s on a character from a kids series of films.

Probably will win an Oscar for his performance, but I still walked out thinking was that it...when you read people saying it’s the greatest film of the last X years, some going to watch it multiple times, my expectations were possibly a little too high. Not my fault. Blame the internet.

At a loose end? Go see it, it’s not a bad film at all, just don’t walk in expecting too much like I did.

Also if you’re like me that’s not into kids films, this is nothing like your usual Batman, Spider-Man and Power Rangers tripe, you can watch it as a stand alone film without being invested into the Batman world.

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's like comparing Sean Connery's James Bond to Daniel Craig's. Times change.

It’s really not.
Batman trilogy was 12A and loads of kids this year will be on Argos writing letters to Santa searching for Batman toys.

Most adults get past the Super hero phase by time they reach puberty, some are late developers, those that watch Wrestling as well.

FF26EDAD-439C-436E-BFBF-BF41F71CC90D.png

On 07/10/2019 at 17:22, MuespachRam said:

Saw the joker last week, excellently made film with  amazing acting....but... I’m not sure how I feel about It being available for anyone to see...It is so so dark and anyone with any mental issues could be I spited to do anything off the back of that. 

We went to see It at the local multiplex and we were greeted by 2 police cars at the entrance and 6 officers inside the foyer...

I know what you mean but I'd have been gutted if i couldn't have seen this because in the past i haven't been well. I personally didn't find it particularly 'triggering' either which was a pleasant surprise as given the reviews i did go to it with a bit of trepidation. It's one of the reasons why i went to the very last showing in leeds so it would be empty. 

I watched El Camino Friday evening.

As a big Breaking Bad fan I was really looking forward to this.

What a disappointment. Seemed very slow, not much of a story line, too many flash backs (perhaps for the benefit of those that have never seem BB) and trying to be too atmospheric.

Having said that, perhaps I'll watch it again. It might be one of those films you need to watch a couple of times to really get (as per Donny Darko in my case).

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I watched El Camino Friday evening.

As a big Breaking Bad fan I was really looking forward to this.

What a disappointment. Seemed very slow, not much of a story line, too many flash backs (perhaps for the benefit of those that have never seem BB) and trying to be too atmospheric.

Having said that, perhaps I'll watch it again. It might be one of those films you need to watch a couple of times to really get (as per Donny Darko in my case).

I agree. I thought El Camino was poor. Breaking Bad is the best series of all time, but this film seemed a little pointless, dull with an average ending. I think we could have imagined what happened to Jesse without the film. 

As for the Joker - saw it today. What a film! Very dark, very violent at times, thought it should be an 18. Great music to go with the scenes, it will win numerous awards and rightly so! 

El Camino last night. 5/10

Way too many flashbacks with little reason. I spent more of the film trying to remember episodes from over 5 years ago and wondering if there was some deeper meaning. 

I still haven't figured out the purpose of the breakfast with Walter flashback. What did it add to the plot? If Walter has said go and study Business in Alaska that may have worked. It just seemed like they desperate to get WW in a scene. 

I thought it was pretentious, predictable and felt like a movie made around a load of in jokes. It was well acted hower and it wasn't without the occasional Breaking Badesque moment such as the kidnappers choice of music for the drive back from his house and his entirely nonchalant demeanor. Especially defending his cleaner as being as honest as the day is long. 

Hope they end it there. 

Edited by Bob The Badger

I like Horror. Mrs Wolfie likes period drama. So............

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies - Currently on Prime.

Loved this, actually. Far far better than I expected (which was: low budget; bad acting; so bad it's good, at best). Not one bit of it. It had a decent zombie plot alongside the P&P romantic storyline. Not scary but good gore & quite (intentionally) funny.

8/10

Shaun the Sheep: Farmageddon

took my kids to see it. As one listener emailed into Mayo and Kermode put it (loosely translated), Aardman know how to make universally pleasing good film. My 5 and 6 year olds loved it, I enjoyed it and the 60 year old at the end of my row certainly enjoyed it.

8/10