Black and Blue and White

Ellafella

Black and Blue and White  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Ha, we're the third most successful team in the East Midlands by major trophies, black and white OR blue and white!

I didn't decide who I support on the number of trophies in their cabinet. Derby to me are the best, always have been always will be. If you want to think of them as third best, go for it, 

19 hours ago, richinspain said:

Didn't/couldn't vote/decide. Like others have said black and white are our colours, but my memories are of us in blue and white. I've still got, and indeed the few occasions I get to go to games, still use my blue and white (with red trim) scarf. I love both combinations, and that strip on the design thread with the centenary flash is brilliant.

797EE566-CE09-4FB8-AE84-D243577D1E6E.jpeg

This is the colour of Derby from my childhood... I prefer this look to be honest. 

11 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Kills me every year when I see the kit unveiled and it’s white socks again.

I live for that one random game a year where we get to see black socks with the home kit, it’s like being in a loveless marriage and seeing your mistress.

EA49C6F7-F615-4906-9AF6-C00185DB6F51.jpeg

1B95B3E2-CAB2-49F1-8BEE-FF8BF7D5239F.jpeg

I always hate that one or two games we play where we wear white shorts! 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

So you're disassociating yourself with this lot then?

charityShield.thumb.jpeg.abfcd57ac698cf6828f8612fe5971d7f.jpeg

Obviously I'm not trying to pretend that we didn't wear blue and white for nearly 20 years, but we've worn black and white for roughly 100 years of our history. This poll doesn't lie and you'll get similar results if you asked fans of other clubs what Derby's traditional colours are. I don't care how successful the team were in blue and white. Besides, people who like this colour combination always use photos like the one above, but I could just as easily post a photo of that useless sack of poo Kenny Burns wearing blue and white whilst helping us suffer the indignity of relegation to the third tier for only the second time in our history.

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

This is the colour of Derby from my childhood... I prefer this look to be honest. 

Yep, same here.  I remember my first scarf was blue and white checks, Derby County in the middle on one side, red and blue on the other side.  I tied it to the railings at PP after Sir Brian died ?.

On 16/04/2020 at 18:13, GlastoEls said:

Ha, we're the third most successful team in the East Midlands by major trophies, black and white OR blue and white!

Third...?

how many times have Leicester won the big three completions..? The league, the FA Cup and the European Cup...?

without googling It I know they have only won the league once, I don’t think they have won the FA Cup and definitely not the European cup, so that makes them less successful than us.  

(None of the others matter-winning the second division and league cup just mean you weren’t good enough to be winning the top flight and the FA cup) 

On 17/04/2020 at 14:36, IslandExile said:

I'm sure the definitive source of information is @loweman2's book - which, hopefully, will one day soon lead to his shirt collection being housed in a museum at the ground. Nevertheless, this is a useful quick reference:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

Great to see the history - 71-89 in blue and white - didn’t know it was that long. I’m 54 so grew up with blue and white more.

on a lighter note there’s some cracking original kit strips which would make iconic away kits / specials - the strips (black/white/ red) and the first half panel shirts were immense 

Archived