Black and Blue and White

Ellafella

Black and Blue and White  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

Blue and white !

CE77E83A-3A7E-4C4B-B75D-86D277CC34BD.jpeg

Without doubt it’s a stunning piece. Do we love it so much because it’s inextricably linked to great teams with outstanding players? At the time the BBG was blue so for a generation of some fans , blue is the colour. 

I'm always torn on this subject.
Black & White appears to be more traditional.
Blue/Choc/Amber is "more original", and rather romantic.
Blue & White was de rigueur not only when we won the league for the two and only times, but also at the time I started going to matches... and of course buying the merchandise (scarves/hats etc) in team colours (although my first shirt was the shiny orange away shirt with black trim (Le Coq Sportif).

Sitting here thinking about it... and not for the first time, of course... My heart says Blue, my head says Black.

If I was pushed, I'd probably go with the Blue & White... and yes, even include the red numbers, although I despise red anywhere else!

But as I'm not being pushed here, my vote has gone for "No firm preference".

I would add though... swapping and changing every decade or two would come across as somewhat tin-pot, in my opinion.  If there is another change, it has to be at least seen as "permanent"!

Ultimately therefore... I have been no help whatsoever, and as indecisive as always.  But hey, it's the taking part that matters!  ??

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Can you imagine a manager changing a clubs colours today?! 

It just seemed to happen and with C & T heralding a super era, I suppose it was seen as progress. There have of course been chairmen who have tried {eg Cardiff} and failed. The fact that in Derby’s case it’s the “secondary” colour probably makes it more subtle. 

50 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It just seemed to happen and with C & T heralding a super era, I suppose it was seen as progress. There have of course been chairmen who have tried {eg Cardiff} and failed. The fact that in Derby’s case it’s the “secondary” colour probably makes it more subtle. 

Cloughy said we had so many England players we may as well play in the colours .

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Who did change the colours.

it feels a more like a Stuart Webb idea than cloughy.

I read somewhere that it was Sir Brian. It sounds like a Brian Clough move. Ironically, given Notts County’s colours, that it was versus Notts County that we first wore white but no mention of the “knickers” {as then called}. We officially adopted black and white in the 1890s to mark our separation from the Cricket Club so technically our first official colours as a single Club entity but as @loweman2 et al’s fabulous book illustrates we did have other colours before black and white became the norm. 
Of course, if we were to work in the Chocolate, amber and Blue into a black and white strip, a la @Inverurie Ram’s excellent design, then we would cover all bases {an apt analogy given our link with baseball}. 

As the ball itself should be telstar~ish black 'n' white and shoes should be black, it would make sense that shirt is blue & white. I'm not feeling this strongly as overall shirts are fine nowadays. Much bigger aestethic dilemma are shoes, those are mostly horrible.

I had terrifying experience as Copa Mundial's don't fit to my foot anymore. I had to buy pair of these sickening neon yellow ones. Thank duck there's a matte black spray available.

16 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

As the ball itself should be telstar~ish black 'n' white and shoes should be black, it would make sense that shirt is blue & white. I'm not feeling this strongly, but overall shirts are fine nowadays. Much bigger aestethic dilemma are a shoes, those are mostly simply horrible.

I had terrifying experience as Copa Mundial's don't fit to my foot anymore. I had to buy pair of these sickening neon yellow ones. Thank duck there's a matte black spray available.

When Edward was mascot for the DeForestation game, he wore a pair of classic Adidas, black with the 3 white stripes “Kaiser 5’s”  {a la Franz Beckenbauer}. In the dressing room before the game, Jake Buxton nudged Edward, pointed to his boots and said “Them’s proper football boots Yeuth!”. 

08D7281F-9995-422D-81C5-06106F98C99B.jpeg

@Ellafella if you had read the Design Your Own Rams shirt thread correctly, you might have read my post, were I only took the photo off the World Wide Web. Some talented person out their called Paul aged 41 designed it, not me, I just posted it on the thread. @REDCAR even offered a job!

Regarding this thread, I like black and white, but if pushed I prefer the dark blue and white, with maybe a dark blue number, dark blue shorts and I'll go for dark blue socks with white trim. In life I tend to wear a lot of dark blue stuff, dark blue jeans, dark blue polo shirts, dark blue band shirts etc. And as @Ellafella mentioned it matching the colours of the BBG.

But I think a strip to coincide with the BBG when it was painted Green as seen in the film Damned United would be great as a second or third strip. So like the New York Cosmos shirt but in the same style as the Derby County shirt 1976-79. So white with dark green collar and sleeves with taped umbro's down the sleeves, dark green shorts, and dark green socks would look fantastic. @REDCAR work your magic. @loweman2 might like it.

image.jpg

Archived