Black and Blue and White

Ellafella

Black and Blue and White  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

When Edward was mascot for the DeForestation game, he wore a pair of classic Adidas, black with the 3 white stripes “Kaiser 5’s”  {a la Franz Beckenbauer}. In the dressing room before the game, Jake Buxton nudged Edward, pointed to his boots and said “Them’s proper football boots Yeuth!”. 

08D7281F-9995-422D-81C5-06106F98C99B.jpeg

Give Edward another nudge (like Bucko's wouldn't be enough) and tell about the online support! Beatiful shoes.

44 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

When Edward was mascot for the DeForestation game, he wore a pair of classic Adidas, black with the 3 white stripes “Kaiser 5’s”  {a la Franz Beckenbauer}. In the dressing room before the game, Jake Buxton nudged Edward, pointed to his boots and said “Them’s proper football boots Yeuth!”. 

08D7281F-9995-422D-81C5-06106F98C99B.jpeg

Looks like some clever airbrushing has been done on that photo

Didn't/couldn't vote/decide. Like others have said black and white are our colours, but my memories are of us in blue and white. I've still got, and indeed the few occasions I get to go to games, still use my blue and white (with red trim) scarf. I love both combinations, and that strip on the design thread with the centenary flash is brilliant.

797EE566-CE09-4FB8-AE84-D243577D1E6E.jpeg

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

dcfc72.jpg.d2e72bc42d8421ebb0b9d47b75875384.jpg

We win stuff, big important stuff, with white shirts, blue shorts, white socks.

Simple. Obvious. Derby County.

(Other minor factors that also contributed: calibre of the management team and the quality of the players.)

Well, if you're after a simplistic possibly flawed statistical analysis.......

I think you'll find we only win stuff with managers who are dead........

.......so the solution presents itself and Cocu ought to start feeling nervous......?

44 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well, if you're after a simplistic possibly flawed statistical analysis.......

"Possibly". ? Cheers for that.

Here's another one for you....

Relegated from the top flight with a record low points total...

In black shorts - 1

In blue shorts - 0

The statistics do not lie. They're open to (mis) interpretation, I'll give you that.

But I'd say the evidence is overwhelming.

Mel, forget all these money worries, we want a change of kit. Blue shorts please.

(Aside: my understanding was that Clough wanted the players to think that they were playing for England and further justified it in that it might bring a change of fortune. We could do with that again).

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@Ellafella if you had read the Design Your Own Rams shirt thread correctly, you might have read my post, were I only took the photo off the World Wide Web. Some talented person out their called Paul aged 41 designed it, not me, I just posted it on the thread. @REDCAR even offered a job!

Regarding this thread, I like black and white, but if pushed I prefer the dark blue and white, with maybe a dark blue number, dark blue shorts and I'll go for dark blue socks with white trim. In life I tend to wear a lot of dark blue stuff, dark blue jeans, dark blue polo shirts, dark blue band shirts etc. And as @Ellafella mentioned it matching the colours of the BBG.

But I think a strip to coincide with the BBG when it was painted Green as seen in the film Damned United would be great as a second or third strip. So like the New York Cosmos shirt but in the same style as the Derby County shirt 1976-79. So white with dark green collar and sleeves with taped umbro's down the sleeves, dark green shorts, and dark green socks would look fantastic. @REDCAR work your magic. @loweman2 might like it.

image.jpg

Sounds marvellous ! I always liked this sample shirt from 1988/89 in green ! They went for the blue.

3968DCE9-72F9-453B-9CDA-B881FA8E1046.jpeg

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

What a horrendously difficult question to answer. 
Finally gone for Black and White but it was bloody close for the Blue and White.....

Good boy, you know it makes sense.

13 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

White shirts , Black shorts and 100% Black socks !  I hate the recent trend of white socks !

Kills me every year when I see the kit unveiled and it’s white socks again.

I live for that one random game a year where we get to see black socks with the home kit, it’s like being in a loveless marriage and seeing your mistress.

EA49C6F7-F615-4906-9AF6-C00185DB6F51.jpeg

1B95B3E2-CAB2-49F1-8BEE-FF8BF7D5239F.jpeg

Ask me what colour Derby play in and I'll answer black and white. Always have, always will, even during the dark blue and white period

Started supporting them wearing black and white, hopefully the last Derby game I ever attend, I'll see them wearing black and white. 

As the banner in the South Stand says the East Midlands will always be black and white. It can't be changed to blue and white. We're not Leicester.

25 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As the banner in the South Stand says the East Midlands will always be black and white. It can't be changed to blue and white. We're not Leicester.

Ha, we're the third most successful team in the East Midlands by major trophies, black and white OR blue and white!

Archived