Exit strategy

sage

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I know not idoul for anyone but I do think that early summer holiday just tell kids come back in september.

Trouble is, the parents can’t go back to work if the kids are off.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/05/2020 at 09:02, Mucker1884 said:

I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about here.  Hey, I could even be 100% wrong!  But my (wild) guess would be that if prem games went ahead with a couple of St Johns Ambulance guys as sole medical cover, the multi-million pound assets wouldn't actually be insured, should they sustain a career threatening injury.

?‍♂️

Premier league rules require at least a team doctor and 2 teams of trained stretcher bearers 

6 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

It's going to take some planning to get the kids back to school. Where I teach we have around 700 pupils. It's a middle school with the top two years of primary and the bottom two of secondary. I teach science and my largest class is 33 (Year 8, age 12-13). By my reckoning, keeping social distancing, the maximum I can get in my Lab is 15. Our Head reckons the best we can do is have one year group in each day.

I know we can’t really answer this but fundamentally what’s going to be the difference between now and September. We won’t have a vaccine, maybe better treatments but the risk will still be there.

Is it deemed acceptable because it’ll probably be a lower risk? Where is the line drawn? Etc

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I know we can’t really answer this but fundamentally what’s going to be the difference between now and September. We won’t have a vaccine, maybe better treatments but the risk will still be there.

Is it deemed acceptable because it’ll probably be a lower risk? Where is the line drawn? Etc

If there are less infected people out there then the risk is lower.

It's all about the r rate. That needs to be below 0.5 all over the country and monitored with each level of easing of restrictions.

Not having all schools open to all pupils until early September instead of early June will hopefully have a massive difference in terms of infection rates in pupils and staff.

9 hours ago, sage said:

If there are less infected people out there then the risk is lower.

It's all about the r rate. That needs to be below 0.5 all over the country and monitored with each level of easing of restrictions.

Not having all schools open to all pupils until early September instead of early June will hopefully have a massive difference in terms of infection rates in pupils and staff.

Why below 0.5?

Some interesting stuff coming out of the government last few days on walking and cycling funding to get people out of their cars in towns and cities for recovery. 

£2bn to be spent on improving cycling infrastructure in a very short space of time and some ammendments and new guidance issued to highway authorities to implement this. 

Looks like they government have also threatened to take over highway authorities which do not comply with its guidance to improve social distancing. 

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Some interesting stuff coming out of the government last few days on walking and cycling funding to get people out of their cars in towns and cities for recovery. 

£2bn to be spent on improving cycling infrastructure in a very short space of time and some ammendments and new guidance issued to highway authorities to implement this. 

Looks like they government have also threatened to take over highway authorities which do not comply with its guidance to improve social distancing. 

Looks like they've already started...

The skanks next door... none of whom have worked a day in their lives, and appear to receive all the latest mod-cons and gadgets known to man, from our very considerate "Social Services" or whatever they're called nowadays*... now have 7... count them... 7 brand spanking new bikes strewn around their back garden (I use the term "garden" very loosely, as it more resembles the more war-ravaged districts of Beirut, when also considering the rusty barbecues, broken trampolenes, and 3... count 'em... 3 deflated/punctured paddling pools, bits of plastic kiddies ride-on toys, 2 abandoned iPads, oodles of dog poo, rusty garden tools, sodden cardboard, an imperfect B&M picnic table.bench combo (Imperfect as in poorly assembled, not because it is from B&M)... and a cuddly toy!  Not to mention the full perimeter privet hedge, which currently exceeds 15ft in height, and 6ft in depth, and is currently blowing about like a pine forest).

...Where was I?... Ah... Yes... All have brand new bikes... Mum, Dad, and 5 kids.  There's a tarp lain battered, torn, and filthed, upon the bare earth, but I don't envisage they'll form some sort of shelter with it to protect these bikes from the elements.  I envisage said bikes will also be considered "scrap" come the great September rains! 

Disclaimer:
*All guess work on my part... The Social may not be involved at all. 
They could of course be in receipt of a rather spiffing inheritance, or even a Lottery Jackpot win.  But it's just this hunch I have... I can't shake it off...

On 08/05/2020 at 14:07, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

As good a guess as any tbh!

R number

As the testing rate is so low there is no hard data to use apart from confirmed cases reaching hospital, so you look at the downward rate and make some guesses around the total population, run a model (how I hate that term now) and come up with a number.

Simples, but actually pointless apart from beating the population with it as it is easy to take in: below 1 good, over one bad. 

15 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

R number

As the testing rate is so low there is no hard data to use apart from confirmed cases reaching hospital, so you look at the downward rate and make some guesses around the total population, run a model (how I hate that term now) and come up with a number.

Simples, but actually pointless apart from beating the population with it as it is easy to take in: below 1 good, over one bad. 

Below 1 isnt good. 

Above 1 is a nightmare.

Below 0.5 is decent.

Below 0.2 is good.

Last week the country was 0.5 to 0.9 depending on where you live.

Everywhere needs to be below 0.5 before we see substantial easing of restrictions.

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

The lower the risk the better obviously. Who knows where and when the line will be drawn. Another added complication is the number of Staff who aren't available due to being classified as vulnerable to Coronavirus..

Slow and steady

Let people have a social bubble so families can see each other again, 6-8 weeks of not seeing your family is no good for anybody, especially young children

3-4 weeks of that and extreme social distancing in shops halfway through that. Talking like 20 in a retail shop at a time, tops. Anything unnecessary ie leisure activities /cinemas/theatres/holiday parks, push back into the middle of the summer

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Slow and steady

Let people have a social bubble so families can see each other again, 6-8 weeks of not seeing your family is no good for anybody, especially young children

3-4 weeks of that and extreme social distancing in shops halfway through that. Talking like 20 in a retail shop at a time, tops. Anything unnecessary ie leisure activities /cinemas/theatres/holiday parks, push back into the middle of the summer

I wondered about holiday parks. 

I get some of the butlins,  haven type ones with so many facilities would be difficult to open. 

I did wonder if some of the smaller parks that have no onsite facilities would be allowed to open sooner.

Just now, Paul71 said:

I wondered about holiday parks. 

I get some of the butlins,  haven type ones with so many facilities would be difficult to open. 

I did wonder if some of the smaller parks that have no onsite facilities would be allowed to open sooner.

It's more people from all over the country congregating together will rise the R0 rating really quickly and increase the risk of a second spread rapidly. Its got to be an unnecessary. Seeing family in local area like mother/father/grandparents surely is doable, I do hope so for everyone's sake. I know it's for all our own good but it's torture at the moment and I'm one of the lucky ones who can go to work! 

The exit strategy appears to be jam tomorrow.

Well...Jam in June...maybe.

Some of it seems very optimistic to me. Again I think there will be issues which increased flouting of the current rules.

Just now, sage said:

Some of it seems very optimistic to me. Again I think there will be issues which increased flouting of the current rules.

What are the current (from tomorrow) rules? Couldn't make head nor tail of it!

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What are the current (from tomorrow) rules? Couldn't make head nor tail of it!

Quite clear what he said wasnt it?

Employees should be encouraged to go back to work if not possible to work from home, although should avoid public transport if possible.

From Wednesday unlimited outdoor exercise with close members of family.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

To be honest I wouldn't be laughing if I struggled to understand such basic instructions.

Yes more detail is required, as you cant address everybody's personal situation in a 15 minute speech but the basic outline was pretty easy to understand if you actually wanted to.

Archived