Exit strategy

sage

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Are you talking about a housing estate? Or the sort of estate the landed gentry live on?

I gave you laugh for the joke... but just in case, I can confirm it was a housing estate to which I was referring... and one with a historically poor reputation, to boot!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rammieib said:

B4 - I don’t think you realise the harm for children having no interaction with other children for six months. I’m not talking about the learning, I’m talking about the social skills for children especially younger ones.

Then the one million primary school kids not at school, that’s circa one million parents not working, or it’s a million parents working and not spending quality time with the children.

Its not easy B4. No answer is right or wrong, just different viewpoints. Your opinion is just as worthy as my opinion if that makes sense. We just need to respect everyone’s opinion. 

Out of interest, how do you feel about going back to work if cinemas open up in July?

I dont know yet mate 

Depanding what goverment says we can open again.

My place can do a few thousand in a day easly when good films out.

As of Monday large parts of Spain go into phase 1 of exit. Gatherings of up to 10 people will be allowed, terraces of bars can open with 50% of their tables, travel within the region is allowed, many shops will be opening. 
To go into phase 1 the government has taken into account amongst other things the number of ordinary and intensive care beds available per capita for if a second pandemic breaks out. 
 Each Community has been broken down into smaller health areas, meaning that Xativa and Gandia (2 largish cities withIn less than 30 miles of where I live), both of which have a hospital, are passing into phase 1. Here in Alzira, a town of around 44000 inhabitants and with a modern hospital, doesn't reach the requirements because of the other dependent towns and villages that also use it. 
 My 19 year old daughter spent all last night crying having made plans to go to a villa with university colleagues so they could study together (that's what she told us).

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

As of Monday large parts of Spain go into phase 1 of exit. Gatherings of up to 10 people will be allowed, terraces of bars can open with 50% of their tables, travel within the region is allowed, many shops will be opening. 
To go into phase 1 the government has taken into account amongst other things the number of ordinary and intensive care beds available per capita for if a second pandemic breaks out. 
 Each Community has been broken down into smaller health areas, meaning that Xativa and Gandia (2 largish cities withIn less than 30 miles of where I live), both of which have a hospital, are passing into phase 1. Here in Alzira, a town of around 44000 inhabitants and with a modern hospital, doesn't reach the requirements because of the other dependent towns and villages that also use it. 
 My 19 year old daughter spent all last night crying having made plans to go to a villa with university colleagues so they could study together (that's what she told us).

Just a thought... but is that "terraces of bars can open with 50% of their tables" the official line? 
Shouldn't they be concentrating on safe distance rather than numbers?  After all, from my limited experience, some of these smaller terraces would still have their tables too close (less than 2m apart) even by halving the numbers?
And are the more public frontage/street/Plaza terraces included, or is it only "Rear Garden"/Rooftop terraces? 
Are cafe's included?

So sorry... ended up being a full on Q&A session... I should have Googled it!  (Genuinely asking for a friend though... They've been "stuck over there" since 4th Feb... although not entirely against their will, I hasten to add!  ?

?

Sith Happens
15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont know yet mate 

Depanding what goverment says we can open again.

My place can do a few thousand in a day easly when good films out.

Its an interesting one for cinemas, clearly when they open some social distancing will need to occur.

I wonder what films will still keep their releases back until such time they can gain the most income, as clearly limiting the numbers in cinemas will surely affect income?

Hope they can get them open safely for you though.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its an interesting one for cinemas, clearly when they open some social distancing will need to occur.

I wonder what films will still keep their releases back until such time they can gain the most income, as clearly limiting the numbers in cinemas will surely affect income?

Couldn't they just release them straight to Covideo?

44 minutes ago, richinspain said:

So your area can't go into phase 1? What's the solution, create more bed spaces? It seems a bit 'all or nothing'.

Sith Happens
Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Couldn't they just release them straight to Covideo?

Now where is a 'groan' emoji when you need it? ?

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

So your area can't go into phase 1? What's the solution, create more bed spaces? It seems a bit 'all or nothing'.

All seems confusing to me, imagine trying to implement that over here when it seems some of the public don't seem to understand the concept of social distancing anyway.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Borris to tell everybody to get back to work.

49939EEA-D253-4F95-AFD0-00289AA1350C.png

Its the mail, so a pinch of salt and all that, but if true doesn't appear to be a 'tell everyone to get back to work'. Sounds like a phased approach with those businesses that are able to reasonably operate safely to do so.

Its a massive balancing act here, but people I know have already been contacted about starting work again next week.

For me there is responsibility here on the government, businesses and of course employees. During the last week or so before lockdown, i was travelling into work, at the time the message was 'stay at home if you are unwell', we had 3 employees showing some covid-19 type symptoms but still working, neither they, nor their line managers (even when i questioned it), acted on the advice given and they continued to work. Its highly likely they didn't have it but they didn't know that.

It doesn't matter what measures are put in if someone purposely ignores them.

Keir Starmer correctly said people should be treated like adults, lets hope they can behave like them too.

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just a thought... but is that "terraces of bars can open with 50% of their tables" the official line? 
Shouldn't they be concentrating on safe distance rather than numbers?  After all, from my limited experience, some of these smaller terraces would still have their tables too close (less than 2m apart) even by halving the numbers?
And are the more public frontage/street/Plaza terraces included, or is it only "Rear Garden"/Rooftop terraces? 
Are cafe's included?

So sorry... ended up being a full on Q&A session... I should have Googled it!  (Genuinely asking for a friend though... They've been "stuck over there" since 4th Feb... although not entirely against their will, I hasten to add!  ?

?

It's all bars/restaurants that normally have tables in the open air. They are to be allowed 50% of their normal tables, with up to 10 people at each table/group of tables, and with 2 metres between the tables.

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, we're stuck in phase 0 (?). I honestly don't know how we will be able to move into phase 1. I imagine it will be when new infections in the area drop below a certain level.
 Our problem is that the hospital covers 4 or 5 fairly big (for Spain) cities plus outlying villages,  whereas the other hospitals I mentioned only have their cities plus outlying villages. Xativa is quite close to Alzira, and between the two lies Carcaixent. The people who live in Carcaixent could get to the hospital in Xativa in about 10 minutes, but fall within Alzira's health area. 
 It's all very confusing, but all we can hope for is that people stick to the rules for a bit longer and get to the other side of all this.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Look a plan being worked on and putting things in place.

Sith Happens
50 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look a plan being worked on and putting things in place.

Yeah im glad mate. Not arguing just want it to be safe, for customers and you

It's going to take some planning to get the kids back to school. Where I teach we have around 700 pupils. It's a middle school with the top two years of primary and the bottom two of secondary. I teach science and my largest class is 33 (Year 8, age 12-13). By my reckoning, keeping social distancing, the maximum I can get in my Lab is 15. Our Head reckons the best we can do is have one year group in each day.

Archived