Exit strategy

sage

24 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Here you are Roy. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0b3e19078af877d7

F4B6145F-066A-4C67-966F-778B160293CF.png

Step 2 and 3 seem aspirational at this stage so not bothering with those.

Are the bullets in step 1 in order of priority? By which I mean IF the only way to get to work is via crowded public transport,  should you breach the social distancing measure, or comply with that by ignoring the "active encouragement " to go to work? 

There seem to be one or two areas of contention with incomplete guidance on what the priority order is....?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Step 2 and 3 seem aspirational at this stage so not bothering with those.

Are the bullets in step 1 in order of priority? By which I mean IF the only way to get to work is via crowded public transport,  should you breach the social distancing measure, or comply with that by ignoring the "active encouragement " to go to work? 

There seem to be one or two areas of contention with incomplete guidance on what the priority order is....?

I didn’t write it I just copied and pasted. May be more detail will follow. The public transport is a good one because where I live a car is a must but in London I bet parking is a nightmare.

7 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Given that there are millions on furlough, it would be good to have had a view of what could be expected past June.

The aspiration is to get businesses open from July.

It would be foolish to try and set dates in concrete 7 weeks in advance.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

The aspiration is to get businesses open from July.

It would be foolish to try and set dates in concrete 7 weeks in advance.

Really ? For businesses with a certain number of employees (100?), there is a 45 day consultation period for redundancies, it would start roughly end of this coming week. You can bet your bottom dollar that there are umpteen businesses making hit lists of staff on furlough. Providing clarity to employers and worried employees about the scheme would make a lot of sense.

Credit where it is due, Sunak has been the shining light in this government during the crisis so I am hoping he will adress this 

1 minute ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Really ? For businesses with a certain number of employees (100?), there is a 45 day consultation period for redundancies, it would start roughly end of this coming week. You can bet your bottom dollar that there are umpteen businesses making hit lists of staff on furlough. Providing clarity to employers and worried employees about the scheme would make a lot of sense.

Credit where it is due, Sunak has been the shining light in this government during the crisis so I am hoping he will adress this 

Agree that the furlough scheme needs to be addressed.

I am disappointed that there was no mention of resuming family visits in all of this. 

I am not so sure that I want to spend time at work very close to people I care little for when I still can't go to see family. Or can I? 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I am disappointed that there was no mention of resuming family visits in all of this. 

I am not so sure that I want to spend time at work very close to people I care little for when I still can't go to see family. Or can I? 

I’m sure it will be the first question put to Boris tomorrow. Everyone wants an answer now. Give it a few days and see what is explained. Don’t get caught up in this hysteria being whipped up. I think it is the No. 1 question that everyone wants to know. 

The last thing we want is to go back into another lockdown.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree that the furlough scheme needs to be addressed.

It looks like I will not be getting for much longer through no fault of my own and I might able go back to on july 1st but only if they can continue follow guidlines.

6 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I didn’t write it I just copied and pasted. May be more detail will follow. The public transport is a good one because where I live a car is a must but in London I bet parking is a nightmare.

Parking in central London is not a plausible option. And there are many thousands who would commute into London from outside. 

Same for most major cities I would think. 

And those without cars are likely to be the lower paid so put at greater risk.

So there are many ambiguities it seems to me. 

I think (for what it's worth) that the relaxation process should be better linked to the testing and tracing strategy but I haven't heard much about that, or linkage between the two. 

Has the idea of some sort of "proof" you haven't got it or had it now been dropped, or being pursued separately,  or was it in there (possibly in ancient Babylonian) all along?

8 hours ago, angieram said:

8 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I’m sure it will be the first question put to Boris tomorrow. Everyone wants an answer now. Give it a few days and see what is explained. Don’t get caught up in this hysteria being whipped up. I think it is the No. 1 question that everyone wants to know. 

The last thing we want is to go back into another lockdown.

Fully understand the first post, and agree with the response.  Worth waiting a few days, to see what transpires.

Muckerette was asking this very same question last night.  Her dad had to make do with a poorly "gift-wrapped" package direct from cadbury for his 89th birthday last week, and a video call.
But the fact still remains... even after last nights announcement... That his age and condition keeps him vulnerable.  Do we really want to pop in and see him, and add to the risk?  Of course there's social distancing, but that alone is a precaution, not perfection!

The new "day in the park" is still restricted to "Same household members and/or strict social distancing", maybe domestic gardens will become "relatives only plus strict social distancing"?  Maybe it will be more "Hey, it's your family, you decide" although maybe not quite so brazen!

The country needs people to go back to work.  People need to go back to work.  Our bank accounts need us to go back to work.  It's the need v the risk.
We're all missing family. But do we NEED to get together?  Or can we continue to minimise the risk by carrying on with facetime, letters, and poorly gift-wrapped birthday presents?

...She got a full refund though... thanks for asking!   ?

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Dominic Draab just said on bbc breakfast that you can but meet outside and have social distance, which i think you could do before, perhaps, may be, who knows ???

Archived