Exit strategy

sage

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

To be honest I wouldn't be laughing if I struggled to understand such basic instructions.

Yes more detail is required, as you cant address everybody's personal situation in a 15 minute speech but the basic outline was pretty easy to understand if you actually wanted to.

I want to, but you just want to be contrary about all of this. Turn on your radio, I'm listening to Radio 4 and there are plenty of people on there who are similarly confused by what he's said and what it will mean.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I want to, but you just want to be contrary about all of this. Turn on your radio, I'm listening to Radio 4 and there are plenty of people on there who are similarly confused by what he's said and what it will mean.

The same people that had decided they were going to be confused about it before they even heard it.

Tell me which part you did not understand and I will get one of my kids to break it down it to understandable language because even they seemed to understand most of it.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The same people that had decided they were going to be confused about it before they even heard it.

Tell me which part you did not understand and I will get one of my kids to break it down it to understandable language because even they seemed to understand most of it.

Can more people go back to work?

From Monday, people in England who "can't work from home" will be "actively encouraged to go to work"

But they should still avoid public transport if possible because of social distancing

And the government says it is working on guidance for employers to make workplaces "Covid-secure"

Previous draft government proposals to bring UK businesses out of lockdown suggested hot-desking would no longer continue.

Companies will also need to look at staggering shifts, rethink how equipment is shared and plan safe walking routes for staff - in offices, on factory floors and at building sites.

The issue of how businesses can secure personal protective equipment without competing with the NHS has raised concerns.

Go on then.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

So now David’s stepped in and had his say on the Coronavirus thread the sniping and condescending has transferred to the Exit Strategy thread, is that correct ?

Maybe David's message wasnt clear to us either 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Go on what? Not even sure what you have just posted?

You said it was about a deliberate 'misunderstanding' and you'd get some kids to explain it. People's lives are at risk, I highlighted some  areas of potential confusion.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You said it was about a deliberate 'misunderstanding' and you'd get some kids to explain it. People's lives are at risk, I highlighted some  areas of potential confusion.

What so do you need someone to explain what ‘ Avoid public transport if possible’, means?

It basically means don’t go to work on the bus or train if you can avoid using them by getting to work by an alternative method either car bicycle or walk.

Just now, Van Gritters said:

What so do you need someone to explain what ‘ Avoid public transport if possible’, means?

More patronising. And the other things quoted from the BBC. People's lives are at risk and the Govt information isn't clear. FFS there's still indecision about whether it's okay to sit down in a park!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

More patronising. And the other things quoted from the BBC. People's lives are at risk and the Govt information isn't clear. FFS there's still indecision about whether it's okay to sit down in a park!

I didn’t see that in you post. The guidelines were you can do as much exercise as you like. You can sit down so long as you keep your distance from other people.

The problem is some people need an individual guidance for themselves because they don’t understand generic guidelines.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not sure why any of the items are causing you confusion.

People that cant work from home will be actively encouraged to go back to work. Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

Avoid public transport if possible. If you can drive, cycle or walk to work do this rather than going by bus or train. Not hard to understand.

The Government says it is working on guidance. They are going to give clearer guidance which will be in addition to the social distancing measures and hygiene advice already in place.

Hot desking would no longer continue. Not sure who said that. Regardless, it's not hard to understand.

Companies will need to look at staggering shifts. Sure this will be where possible and be part of suggested measures in guidance to be released.

How PPE can be acquired without competing with NHS? Cant comment on other businesses but we have had no problem acquiring plenty in preparation for re-opening.

"...So I want to provide tonight – for you – the shape of a plan to address both fears.

Both to beat the virus and provide the first sketch of a road map for reopening society.

A sense of the way ahead, and when and how and on what basis we will take the decisions to proceed.

I will be setting out more details in parliament tomorrow and taking questions from the public in the evening..."

R + number of people infected is the formula the government is planning to use, in monitoring  the level of the virus, after the relaxing of the lock down rules. But isn't R the figure, that is derived from the number of new infections. So what is the formula going to indicate?

Archived