Are Derby players deferring wages?

Poynton ram

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don’t think DCFC will be alone. The dogs have a squad of about 100 must be costing Marinakas a fortune 

On the other hand though, he must be saving a fortune in bribes, so it'll balance out for them

Christ, that 10m figure really does hit home the financial impact all this is having. I mean, you knew we’d be missing out on some income through the lack of matchday revenue, but that level of loss could have a seriously damaging impact on the club going forward. Hopefully the players see sense and take the deferral before the week is out, we need them to by the looks of it. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can see a few clubs going into administration, half the clubs in the championship will start the season on minus 30 points.

Yes the EFL legal team may be about to get very busy indeed.....

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can see a few clubs going into administration, half the clubs in the championship will start the season on minus 30 points.

10 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes the EFL legal team may be about to get very busy indeed.....

Ethically wrong in my eyes if they enforce their rules in these exceptional circumstances. By all means carry on with existing charges even though they seem wrong in our case. Common sense has to prevail at this time otherwise the EFL may implode and not even be part of any reset that may ultimately occur. 

“In addition, the EFL Board is also consulting with member Clubs about potential changes to financial regulations with the aim of improving the current position. These discussions follow on from the reviews of divisional cost control measures that were already underway at the start of the outbreak. ”

44 minutes ago, David said:

“In addition, the EFL Board is also consulting with member Clubs about potential changes to financial regulations with the aim of improving the current position. These discussions follow on from the reviews of divisional cost control measures that were already underway at the start of the outbreak. ”

Thank God for that.

Another daily mail exclusive. 

Mods, feel free to move to other football chat Theres no evidence of Derby taking part in the questionnaire but I thought it paints a picture of wage structures across the championship. 

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

Wage deferrals agreed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/28/Derby-county-players-agree-wage-deferrals-club/amp/

Sorry not very good at links. Up to 50% deferrals. No one under 6k.

I can't read the full article but from what I can see this seems to me that common sense has prevailed and the players that can afford it are taking the biggest hit, most of the rest taking some hit, and maybe a few of the younger players not taking much of a hit (if any.)

Actually think this is between the club and the players but it's great to see agreement which I suspect is somewhere along the lines that Rooney was advocating a while ago. Well done, DCFC and DCFC players! 

It’s on the Derby Telegraph website too. 

I agree it seems a fair way of doing things. The big earners take the biggest hit I imagine. Hopefully that’ll be the end of the rumours. Right it should stay private. Hopefully the deferred wages help the club survive this mess. 

5 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Suprised that some of the young players who just broke through tihs season are on more than 6k per week but I have no idea of wages tbh. Mind you a few have signed new contracts already I think

It doesn't say that, it says that only players on more than £6k per week will be asked to defer a portion of their wage.

Archived