Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

R number nearly back down to 1 according to Zoe App .... before lockdown has even started.

It seems plausible to me that the number of deaths is driving the government response.

Perhaps their 3-tier approach was having a significant effect after all, because the number of new infections has levelled off over the last week. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Alarmingly, an exceptionally large majority of those deaths are in the NE, NW and Midlands

Which is to be expected, because those were the areas showing the most dramatic uptick of cases 2-3 weeks ago, hence the possible justification for placing some parts of those areas in the higher tiers.

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

R number nearly back down to 1 according to Zoe App .... before lockdown has even started.

Today's death count three times that of yesterday. I'm not sure the apparently lower R number will be much comfort to the family or friends of the afflicted. 

20 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just come back from Nottingham City centre after a meal.

Sanitised and temp checked on way in to restaurant, masked when going to toilet, sanitised on way out, literally nothing more the restaurant could do, even to the extent of posters in the toilet instructing you on how to wash your hands properly.

5 minute walk to the taxi rank, and it was all too obvious why we're locking down again. 

Large groups of feral youths, drinking, chanting, urinating in the street, and generally acting like complete nobs, even though no pubs are open.

Have a good time nobheads, thanks for ruining it for everyone else you selfish cnuts.

Bit harsh, those you call feral youths are actually amongst Nottingham's greatest minds.

33 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Bit harsh, those you call feral youths are actually amongst Nottingham's greatest minds.

When they started shooting their guns in the air I thought they'd took the Outlaw tag too far!

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just come back from Nottingham City centre after a meal.

Large groups of feral youths, drinking, chanting, urinating in the street, and generally acting like complete nobs, even though no pubs are open.

And that's just the students. Say hello to the next cabinet. 

7 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Dunno about anyone else but up until this week I didnt know a single person who'd got Covid - this week I know 9! Including family! Shiz gettin' real!

Reports in the papers of 50 people at my work infected. I know of one person for definite who has it, and I know we've got a few people isolating. It sounds genuine too.

I'm worried for some older family members again.

11 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Large groups of feral youths, drinking, chanting, urinating in the street, and generally acting like complete nobs

Friends with kids who are at Uni there and caught it. They now think they are immune and acting even more like they own the world than normal 18 year olds do

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Friends with kids who are at Uni there and caught it. They now think they are immune and acting even more like they own the world than normal 18 year olds do

Can't blame them too much with all the mis-information around "herd immunity". 

How many years will it take before people realise that spreading mis-information and lies has real life consequences.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

They most likely are immune.

Is there a point to your story or are young people just the scapegoat for this?

This isnt your Chinese friends again is it? Thought they had all gone home?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is there a point to your story or are young people just the scapegoat for this?

No - not at all, I was simply explaining why Nottingham might have been full of young adults who didn't seem bothered about social distancing

I guess the original poster didn't mention if they looked like students or not. Some of them might even have been Polish?

42 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

No - not at all, I was simply explaining why Nottingham might have been full of young adults who didn't seem bothered about social distancing

I guess the original poster didn't mention if they looked like students or not. Some of them might even have been Polish?

Could of course be that they have all been sent back to uni and locked up together, and they thought if that is safe then being out on the streets is no different?

What difference would them being Polish make?

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Could of course be that they have all been sent back to uni and locked up together, and they thought if that is safe then being out on the streets is no different?

None - it was a joke, there was a fella on here a while back who reckoned he could tell that people were Polish just by looking at them. Imagine!

Still - thanks for proving my theory that you will try and start an argument with me, even if I dont post anything even vaguely contentious! ?

23 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

None - it was a joke, there was a fella on here a while back who reckoned he could tell that people were Polish just by looking at them. Imagine!

Still - thanks for proving my theory that you will try and start an argument with me, even if I dont post anything even vaguely contentious! ?

I remember someone saying they could pretty easily identify Eastern Europeans.

It was probably the same person and you have twisted facts to make your point more believable.

I think SAGE are hiring if you are looking for a new job?

2 hours ago, Beetroot said:

My brother has it. Just took him some fish fingers round. Painted a red cross on his door for bants. He'll be rate.

Did you slide the fingers under the door? Perhaps you could do crepes for desert. Hope he is better soon.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

He could take a shine to them

Archived