Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nah nothing to do with that, it's purely about the cause of the marches.

The police have resources at their disposal to break up marches of any size if required.

Whereas they were happy to take knee for BLM though, they are now really worried about peoples health and think arrests are more appropriate. 

Sums this country up.

If marches were allowed to go ahead without disruption earlier on in the year then the same should still apply now.

When BLM marches took place, people wore masks - everybody. This 'Freedumb' movement now - not a chance. I guess it breaks across social responsibility lines, as it always does. Care for others - or care for yourself at the exclusion of others.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So why dont Labour present these views to the Government and get them to explain to everyone what this expert is saying that is wrong?

Otherwise you just end up with people on social media rubbishing his opinion, most likely based on the fact that it was on Talk Radio.

How could they? They were 100% behind the science when calling for a 2 week lockdown, and critical of the government when they didnt do it. Surely to question that science now would be also a relfection on their own response?

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I didn't watch the latest one, I watched the one from the start of September as I figure it's more useful to see whether what he said a month ago turned out true before deciding if it's worth listening to what he has to say now

I think it's hard for anyone claiming "there is no second wave" to retain credibility when all the stats are showing Covid admissions and intensive care beds already reaching similar levels as we saw in the first wave. And it's still only early November

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/number-derbyshire-people-intensive-care-4672818

And why would you compare hospital admissions from November 2020 to March 2020?

Compare November 2020 to November 2019.

It would be like comparing deaths to 2018 (when there was bad wave of flu) and saying everything is ok.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It would be like comparing deaths to 2018 (when there was bad wave of flu) and saying everything is ok.

But we're comparing Covid19 first wave and second wave. His argument that there is "no second wave"

It's that simple - comparing anything else is just building stats to fit your argument

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It’s a sad state of affairs when you have to start cancelling elective surgery and services to keep your admissions at a manageable level. 

Maybe people should compare how many operations and services are being cancelled this year in comparison to previous years, in order to understand why admissions are at the level they are. We could also look at the now growing waiting lists, and perhaps question why these are getting greater and greater.

We could also look at the amount of NHS staff who are currently on sick leave due to having Covid-19. Perhaps this may have an effect on the amount of overall admissions also. 

Comparing overall admissions year on year is pointless, the nhs has adapted to deal with the current public health crisis. This is not a normal year.

3 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

It’s a sad state of affairs when you have to start cancelling elective surgery and services to keep your admissions at a manageable level. 

Maybe people should compare how many operations and services are being cancelled this year in comparison to previous years, in order to understand why admissions are at the level they are. We could also look at the now growing waiting lists, and perhaps question why these are getting greater and greater.

We could also look at the amount of NHS staff who are currently on sick leave due to having Covid-19. Perhaps this may have an effect on the amount of overall admissions also. 

Comparing overall admissions year on year is pointless, the nhs has adapted to deal with the current public health crisis. This is not a normal year.

Yes, all very important facts...where are they?

Government not interested in releasing these sort of facts.

More interested in telling everyone there might be 4000 deaths a day based on information that they already know is wrong.

12 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

But we're comparing Covid19 first wave and second wave. His argument that there is "no second wave"

It's that simple - comparing anything else is just building stats to fit your argument

But surely you need some facts to establish that there is a second wave?

Yeadon has discussed the facts which make him believe there is no second wave.

They include hospital admissions, ICU bed usage and deaths not being out of sync with a normal year.

If this is not correct it should be extremely easy to prove surely?

I'm not even saying Yeadon is right to that I agree with him. I'm just asking that the Government present facts to prove him wrong, so the general public can understand why the lockdown measures are being applied.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/north-staffordshire-pub-set-open-4674724

The owners of a popular country pub have vowed to ‘take a stand’ and open the venue today - in defiance of the new lockdown rules.

Nick and Lucy Clowes run The Reform Inn, at Thorncliffe, near Leek, and last night posted a video on social media in which they said they will fight ‘tooth and nail’ against the Government shutdown of the leisure industry.

In the emotional four-minute film, they said it had been ‘heart-breaking’ to close their doors for a second time on Wednesday night, ahead of the four-week lockdown.

Now the licensees say their pub will reopen at midday on Friday, November 6.

In the social media post, Nick said: “Despite following all the Government guidelines to the best of our ability we had to close our business that we have put blood, sweat and tears in to grow.

“During the other lockdown we knew another one was going to come and we thought, 'we are not going to lie down. We are fighting this tooth and nail. Fear is no longer an excuse. We need to do the right thing.”

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

When BLM marches took place, people wore masks - everybody. This 'Freedumb' movement now - not a chance. I guess it breaks across social responsibility lines, as it always does. Care for others - or care for yourself at the exclusion of others.

I'm calling BS on everyone wearing masks at the Black Lives Matter marches I'm afraid.

And dont forget masks don't stop the spread do they? Otherwise we wouldnt need another lockdown would we?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, all very important facts...where are they?

Government not interested in releasing these sort of facts.

More interested in telling everyone there might be 4000 deaths a day based on information that they already know is wrong.

The hospital trusts that have had to reduce services or cancel elective surgeries are being very open about this. They aren’t trying to hide this fact.

The NHS has been very clear with what’s going on and how they are dealing with demand. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm calling BS on everyone wearing masks at the Black Lives Matter marches I'm afraid.

And dont forget masks don't stop the spread do they? Otherwise we wouldnt need another lockdown would we?

You can call whatever you like, but the vast majority WERE wearing masks. The utter drongos who follow lunatics like Icke and opportunist attention-whores like Farage wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Masks are a huge help in preventing people spewing their infected sputum on others, but the protection they afford to the wearer is limited. A bit like the opposite effect of the 'Ignore' feature on DCFCFANS.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You can call whatever you like, but the vast majority WERE wearing masks. The utter drongos who follow lunatics like Icke and opportunist attention-whores like Farage wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Masks are a huge help in preventing people spewing their infected sputum on others, but the protection they afford to the wearer is limited. A bit like the opposite effect of the 'Ignore' feature on DCFCFANS.

Farage on good morning Britain was comedy gold, despite piers Morgan showing several times trump discussing bleach and disinfectant he continued to deny it had ever been mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You said everyone was wearing masks?

Now you've changed to vast majority.

Which one is it?

Or was it just a guess?

Throwing Farage into the debate will not deflect away from the issue.

It was acceptable not to social distance and wear masks when BLM was the cause, but now it is an arrestable offence.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

Farage on good morning Britain was comedy gold, despite piers Morgan showing several times trump discussing bleach and disinfectant he continued to deny it had ever been mentioned. 

No he didn't to be fair.

He said that Trump never mentioned bleach and never encouraged people to self administer injections of bleach into their body (which is what Piers Morgan said he did).

Both statements were true.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You said everyone was wearing masks?

Now you've changed to vast majority.

Which one is it?

Or was it just a guess?

Throwing Farage into the debate will not deflect away from the issue.

It was acceptable not to social distance and wear masks when BLM was the cause, but now it is an arrestable offence.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/03/protest-exemption-set-to-be-removed-from-england-lockdown-rules

The BLM marches did take place after a couple of months of lockdown, when infections were clearly down as everyone had been locked up for ages. I also don't think the police went onto the packed beaches and arrested anyone either.

We've just gone into lockdown and these freedom fighters are clearly increasing the risk of infection.

It's not their fault though. It's Labour's for not asking the government to refute alternative science/opinion from people trying to increase their number of followers on social media. David Icke has been removed from most places now for spreading lies, there is gap for his next successor to make some proper wedge if they take that market.

I think we should start our own crazy theories on here and peddle them round the world. We could make enough money to buy the club. Make them football related and they would get shared endlessly by all those football rumour site...

Man City are linked to a doctor who was researching Covid 2 YEARS AGO. They also built their own secure bio-unit to keep players healthy in the advent of a Coronavirus pandemic. Pepe refused to be involved though, possibly because of his link to a Catalonian agent who works for the Chinese Communist Party.

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No he didn't to be fair.

He said that Trump never mentioned bleach and never encouraged people to self administer injections of bleach into their body (which is what Piers Morgan said he did).

Both statements were true.

It is interesting that he made his comments on disinfectant whilst stood in front of this sign. 

Whatever he said, however he said it, he should of thought about it a bit more before he opened his mouth and said it. 

521113A8-BEDE-4EFF-82AE-95CABB49C2F2.jpeg

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/north-staffordshire-pub-set-open-4674724

The owners of a popular country pub have vowed to ‘take a stand’ and open the venue today - in defiance of the new lockdown rules.

Nick and Lucy Clowes run The Reform Inn, at Thorncliffe, near Leek, and last night posted a video on social media in which they said they will fight ‘tooth and nail’ against the Government shutdown of the leisure industry.

In the emotional four-minute film, they said it had been ‘heart-breaking’ to close their doors for a second time on Wednesday night, ahead of the four-week lockdown.

Now the licensees say their pub will reopen at midday on Friday, November 6.

In the social media post, Nick said: “Despite following all the Government guidelines to the best of our ability we had to close our business that we have put blood, sweat and tears in to grow.

“During the other lockdown we knew another one was going to come and we thought, 'we are not going to lie down. We are fighting this tooth and nail. Fear is no longer an excuse. We need to do the right thing.”

I don't want a pint of that, thanks!

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

What a weird response. You seem to be getting even less able to control you urge to start arguments with me! To somehow try and pivot this to being "Labour's fault" is a mad one for sure

Where did I rubbish his opinion? He might be right - that's what he's banking on. He just comes across as a contrarian (which is his right to do so) - and that's Talk Radio's sole purpose. To present contrary opinions and drive debate (and generate money for themselves)

I also pointed out that he tried his contrary opinion schtick in early September by saying there would be no second wave.

He perhaps seems more contrarian because from day one any view that did not fit the narrative has been deplatformed and buried or smeared as heartless granny killers 

Archived