Coronavirus

1of4

1 minute ago, Archied said:

you tell me on the figures out there what percentage of people survive corona ? 
then tell me how that equates to what we have seen the world turn into

The percentage of survivors will be a lot lower if we let a highly contagious virus replicate unchecked to the point where the hospitals are overwhelmed. I know it's hard to see the bigger picture when you're fed up and finding it hard to cope with a life unlike that which we've become used to. Just try and follow the logical flow of what you want to happen instead of what is happening. Where do we end up?

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

the facts are there and getting harder to suppress by the day as are the extremely stupid contradictory arbitrary rules that are being imposed , don’t lets even get into following the money trail From the government since lockdown

You won't get any argument from me that the rules are all over the place, the decisions and the timings are unfathomable - and the money trail is criminal.

But that's just because we have a woefully inept conservative government - not because there is a conspiracy to deprive us all of our freedom. They've been shafting people they have no regard for long before the pandemic

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I’m going to be generous with the numbers here , if I told you last year that a new virus was going to come about that 97 % of people survive and most with very little problems / symptoms would you have told me we need to close down the world quick smart and destroy people’s lives ,families and the very fabric of life we live?     Would you duck

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

The percentage of survivors will be a lot lower if we let a highly contagious virus replicate unchecked to the point where the hospitals are overwhelmed. I know it's hard to see the bigger picture when you're fed up and finding it har to cope with a life unlike that which we've become used to. Just try and follow the logical flow of what you want to happen instead of what is happening. Where do we end up?

You won't get any argument from me that the rules are all over the place, the decisions and the timings are unfathomable - and the money trail is criminal.

But that's just because we have a woefully inept conservative government - not because there is a conspiracy to deprive us all of our freedom. They've been shafting people they have no regard for long before the pandemic

Sorry mate ,nothing to do with fed up or not seeing any bigger picture ,, I’m stunned at what people can be scared into accepting ,really stunned 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Don’t really care if farage cares or not ,as long as he can open a door for right thinking folk to push back against this facist madness it he will do for me

If you're expecting Farage to push back against fascist madness you might be in for a teeny weeny surprise.

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sorry mate ,nothing to do with fed up or not seeing any bigger picture ,, I’m stunned at what people can be scared into accepting ,really stunned 

Explain to me the bigger picture. 

Can you come up with a theory more believable than - it's to prevent thousands per day being infected. Once hospitals are saturated, care becomes harder (no ventilators, no beds) and that 1% goes up. 

Even at 1%, which is what we've achieved by closing the NHS to all non-emergency treatment, that's c. 700k deaths across the population. 

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok I’m going to be generous with the numbers here , if I told you last year that a new virus was going to come about that 97 % of people survive and most with very little problems / symptoms would you have told me we need to close down the world quick smart and destroy people’s lives ,families and the very fabric of life we live?     Would you duck

Ok I’m going to be generous with the numbers here , if I told you last year that a new virus was going to come about that two million people were at risk of dying from it in the UK alone (your numbers) would you have told me we need to close down the world quick smart and destroy people’s lives ,families and the very fabric of life we live? I think you might. Add to that fact that you have a one in ten chance of dying of Covid if you are in your seventies or above and you would have to be one hard hearted Darwinian to just let nature take it's course.

Question - if this is the wrong strategy how come the significan mojority of countries on the planet is on the same one? And many of those that haven't either have reneged on that policy (e.g. Sweden) or isn't the sort of country you would consider thought leading in either economic or social policy (Nicaragua, Belarus).

Look, I don't propose to have the answer and I agree it's undiluted poo for those stuck at home or who are seeing their businesses torn apart around them. But there are a couple of things that seem to work - first up, education and commuication (even Google has seen that people move around voluntarily a lot less as soon as soon as the numbers start to rise) and second rapid action. We in England are being hosed by a government that is slow to act and poor in communication when it does. This directly dilutes the impact of any action when it eventually happens.

16 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Can you come up with a theory more believable than - it's to prevent thousands per day being infected. Once hospitals are saturated, care becomes harder (no ventilators, no beds) and that 1% goes up. 

Even at 1%, which is what we've achieved by closing the NHS to all non-emergency treatment, that's c. 700k deaths across the population. 

Average age of death corona 82 average life expectancy in U.K. 81?

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

But that's not really the true picture is it. How about

If I told you last year that a new virus was going to come about that, to start of with, 97 % of people catching it survive and most with very little problems / symptoms. But because it's a virus and doesn't just go away and the spread is exponential - if we don't take drastic action - that 97% soon becomes 95% - and then 85% as the hospitals can no longer cope and before we know it - not only are millions of people are dead, but also the very fabric of life that we were so keen to preserve that we refused to look further than the end of our noses is wrecked anyway as the death toll and the amount of people having to isolate makes it impossible for supply chains to function. Would you then say it was worth doing nothing? Would YOU duck

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Explain to me the bigger picture in sending kids to uni to congregate then ramping up testing them ?

explain to me the bigger picture when our leading modeller describes a killer virus so dangerous it could wipe out massive numbers in U.K. yet is so unconcerned by it he carries on as normal when apparently we should be so terrified by it we must leave our loved ones to die alone or live in misery alone ,

I could go on with a massive list of the unexplainable stuff people are swallowing but it will mean nothing to you if you are not prepared to see beyond what we are fed

Just now, Archied said:

I could go on with a massive list of the unexplainable stuff people are swallowing but it will mean nothing to you if you are not prepared to see beyond what we are fed

It doesn't work like that. 

Why are we doing this if its no more dangerous than you say? 

Are we being lied to (if so why?) or has every country in the world misread the data? What's the odds that hundreds of world governments misunderstood the risks and decided to blow trillions away? 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

So why are they doing this? Explain to me the conspiracy theory. 

Mate I’m not into conspiracy theories and don’t pretend to have any answers but I do know for sure that the more this goes on the more the numbers and actions just do not add up, if your ok with it that’s your choice ( for now ?) but I can tell you if any of my family or friend S or anyone come to that needs the kind of help/ care / concern / company that is in the dna of decent human beings to give each other I will be doing it and stuff pathetic corona centric rules,

corona is not the be all and end all of human life and death

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Mate I’m not into conspiracy theories and don’t pretend to have any answers but I do know for sure that the more this goes on the more the numbers and actions just do not add up, if your ok with it that’s your choice ( for now ?) but I can tell you if any of my family or friend S or anyone come to that needs the kind of help/ care / concern / company that is in the dna of decent human beings to give each other I will be doing it and stuff pathetic corona centric rules,

corona is not the be all and end all of human life and death

I cannot believe the world simply misjudged coronavirus. 

I also cannot believe there's any benefit in misrepresenting the truth. 

Until I can see a reason someone has organised this, it remains a conspiracy theory and should be given similar credence. 

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It doesn't work like that. 

Why are we doing this if its no more dangerous than you say? 

Are we being lied to (if so why?) or has every country in the world misread the data? What's the odds that hundreds of world governments misunderstood the risks and decided to blow trillions away? 

Too right it doesn’t work that way ,,, we value human life so much that we’ve prioritised the nhs for years and years , there’s been no austerity ?, we value human life so much we let the old freeze every winter , we value life so much that we set corona virus free on care homes ( the very place where it will take lives) at the start of this , never mind the do not resuscitate policy ,

yep it’s all about saving lives for our altruistic leaders ?,

do me a favour , I may not know what’s going on but I do know what isn’t going on

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Too right it doesn’t work that way ,,, we value human life so much that we’ve prioritised the nhs for years and years , there’s been no austerity ?, we value human life so much we let the old freeze every winter , we value life so much that we set corona virus free on care homes ( the very place where it will take lives) at the start of this , never mind the do not resuscitate policy ,

do me a favour , I may not know what’s going on but I do know what isn’t going on

I will let someone else respond as I can't see any purpose for the lie, and you don't need to see a purpose in order to believe it anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

What do you believe would happen to the nhs, if hospital admissions for covid-19 continues on its current trajectory? 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Do you actually think Farage cares? It's just yet another populist land-grab cause in his fake "man-of-the-people"

He's making the same mistake as last time though - his target audience are all dying out

They will if they continue with their Trumper-like behaviour.

The trouble is, all the other people they will kill by their actions.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Never thought I would see the day I would consider voting Nigel but there you go ,,, anybody who tries to put a stop to this money/ power grab farce gets my vote now

Who is grabbing the money? 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Who is grabbing the money? 

Those who already have most of it ?, who takes up the slack when the middle and working class small independent s have had everything they have worked for destroyed and been plunged into unpayable debt ,wonder what will happen to all those homes that they can longer pay the mortgage on , the businesses they no longer have ,wonder what kind of wages they can expect once they have gone from being independent to dependent 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

So if 3% of the population die, that's ok with you is it?

2 million people facing the choice between life imprisonment or death in the UK so you can go to the pub.

Seems perfectly reasonable and 'right-thinking'.

Archived