Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

This is a shocking read, especially if you are one if those people who think that this is a difficult situation and the government is doing it's best...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/28/england-coronavirus-covid-test-and-trace-teenagers

All good. Give those kids a couple more sessions and we will have solved the shortage of brain surgeons in the NHS. Vote for a clown and you get a circus.

33 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

All good. Give those kids a couple more sessions and we will have solved the shortage of brain surgeons in the NHS. Vote for a clown and you get a circus.

I bet they're all ex-ballerinas, re-training in 'cyber'.

7 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

France, Germany, Wales, Northern Ireland leading the way and England left behind again. We need strong leadership and we need it now. Surely we cannot wait much longer for a new 3 word slogan.

Where’s the flu

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its costing more because more and more is taken out by the private sector.

Badly managed I’m afraid. Wonderful service and amazing heroic people but terribly ran and extremely wasteful (not the fault of the Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, other staff etc etc). 

You blame the public sector, I raise you the people managing the NHS (this vacancy is on of many for similar types of roles)

0DF31485-94D9-4EC2-AE58-B2956A7B838D.jpeg

29 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Badly managed I’m afraid. Wonderful service and amazing heroic people but terribly ran and extremely wasteful (not the fault of the Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, other staff etc etc). 

You blame the public sector, I raise you the people managing the NHS (this vacancy is on of many for similar types of roles)

I presume that's this job:

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916164327

Head of Inclusion - reporting to the Director of Organisational Development. Sounds a pretty senior job to me - surprised it's only paying that much if it's the same job. Definitely band 8a, so it's likely something similar.

Put it this way it's not much of a pay rise for me, and a shedload more responsibility and management responsibility. I wouldn't volunteer, even if I was qualified.

31 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So, they funding work into inclusive practices means that they're badly managed? 

The UK is quite a way from the top of the pile for public spending on healthcare, and the issues around the NHS's funding model are well documented. This is largely argued to be down to the funding increase being dropped to below the rate of growth of demand for the system. 

Boiling all that down to 'but they have people with broad roles servicing inclusive practices' is quite frankly bafflingly, and suggests that you have an agenda outside the main point here. 

41 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I presume that's this job:

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916164327

Head of Inclusion - reporting to the Director of Organisational Development. Sounds a pretty senior job to me - surprised it's only paying that much if it's the same job. Definitely band 8a, so it's likely something similar.

Put it this way it's not much of a pay rise for me, and a shedload more responsibility and management responsibility. I wouldn't volunteer, even if I was qualified.

I’d rather they employed another Nurse/midwife on that salary, wouldn’t you?

39 minutes ago, Albert said:

So, they funding work into inclusive practices means that they're badly managed? 

The UK is quite a way from the top of the pile for public spending on healthcare, and the issues around the NHS's funding model are well documented. This is largely argued to be down to the funding increase being dropped to below the rate of growth of demand for the system. 

Boiling all that down to 'but they have people with broad roles servicing inclusive practices' is quite frankly bafflingly, and suggests that you have an agenda outside the main point here. 

I think the management of the organisation is appalling, that’s it no agenda 

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Such roles are important to get the most out of staff such as nurses and midwives. Welcome to the modern World. 

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I think the management of the organisation is appalling, that’s it no agenda 

Based on? Also, picking points at random then painting them with an agenda that you're literally admitting in the above quote, ie to paint their management as appalling, is by definition having an agenda. 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

? I really have no more to say to you after that comment. 

So you concede you have no real argument on that point then. Cool. 

7 hours ago, sage said:

This should have been the second week of a national lockdown.

One is going to come. It's unavoidable but the delay is going to cost thousands of lives. Maybe tens of thousands.

Also costing more time in lockdown. That's the worst part about lockdowns. The longer they're delayed, the longer they have to be to achieve the same goal. 

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah, I think they should sack everyone who is not a front line medical employee. Managers, admin, receptionists, cleaners etc.

This is the real thing we should be focusing on, especially as those pesky government scienctists  turned out to be right afterall about the 2nd wave.

Ah well, all those freedom loving columnists didn't do any real damage did they? Apart from convince people that the restrictions were pointless so the virus could spread better. Thank god 1 in 40 people in Yorkshire have got the virus now because...erm..."herd immunity". I'm a semi-expert on it because I believe in it, basically as it means we can just revert to normal.

It's about time we had another Great Barrington declaration funded by US right wing thinktanks. Lots of people will sign up that they agree with it because that is proper science. 

40 minutes ago, Albert said:

Also costing more time in lockdown. That's the worst part about lockdowns. The longer they're delayed, the longer they have to be to achieve the same goal. 

Trouble is a lockdown to get to Victorias level now would probably take 10/12 months. 

So the September modelling that certain people scoffed at, which said we were heading towards cases doubling every 7 days by mid-October did prove to be inaccurate.

But it's now doubling every 9 days

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54723962

Maths says that is more than a million infections a day by the end of November if we don't take stronger action

23 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Trouble is a lockdown to get to Victorias level now would probably take 10/12 months. 

Stronger and better enforced lockdowns would work quicker, but let's be honest, the UK is in all kinds of trouble on this now. Even a strong lockdown now would still see a further 7-14 days of similar growth before the effects are seen, which are current rates isn't great. 

Action was needed a month ago, and it could have been shorter, and more effective. With this lack of leadership, any action will likely go well past Christmas at this point. 

Archived