14th new cases 1441 + 312 cases - 0.8% positive test rate 

Total deaths recorded in the last 24hrs is 11 + 3 not recorded = 14

Total death toll in U.K. relating to Covid 19 is 58’697

Sorry, I don't understand that at all.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Plenty of bits of information have appeared over the past months about SAGE and so on.....who was on it etc

Epidemiolists was one branch mentioned. And of course hasn't there been occasional disagreement among the members, so that Johnson can claim hes being "guided by the science " when appearing to change course a number of times.

Things are changing constantly as these scientists get better knowledge. I mean we went through the worst part of it not wearing masks when shopping now we have to wear them.

I think somethings have gone well and some not so well.

It is concerning that more areas appear on the BBC map. One area that has cropped up is Newark and Sherwood and I’m going there tomorrow. A chap I work with reckons there’s an outbreak in a factory who bus a lot of staff in from Bradford and Leeds area where there’s a lockdown so how does that happen?

13 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just speaking to my brother and one of his employees had been contacted by the track and trace crew saying someone he knows has Covid. The employee has had a test, which was negative, but he is still being told to isolate for 14 days. The messaging was unclear if that was 14 days since he was in contact with the infected person, since he had the test or since he had the test result. 

Government website says:

" isolate: you will be told to begin self-isolation for 14 days from your last contact with the person who has tested positive. It’s really important to do this even if you don’t feel unwell because, if you have been infected, you could become infectious to others at any point up to 14 days. Your household doesn’t need to self-isolate with you, if you do not have symptoms, but they must take extra care to follow the guidance on social distancing and handwashing and avoid contact with you at home

test if needed: if you develop symptoms of coronavirus, other members of your household must self-isolate immediately at home for 14 days and you must get a test to check if you have coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access. If your test is positive, you must continue to stay at home for at least 10 days and we will get in touch to ask about your contacts since they must self-isolate. If your test is negative, you must still complete your 14-day self-isolation period because the virus may not be detectable yet - this is crucial to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus."

Doesn't say what happens if you have no symptoms but are tested. Also, slightly worrying that you could have symptoms but a undetectable virus when tested.

First line of the Government advice makes it fairly clear to me what you need to do.

However I agree that having a test and isolating for 14 days are both pointless. We have the capacity now, we should use it and let people get back to being normal.

Someone very soon is going to ask two very clear and simple questions:

1) How many of these 1000 day cases are asymptomatic, mild or severe. (My guess now is 90% plus asymptomatic).

2) Can asymptomatic paddy the virus on? (WHO say no) However we need some research behind this.

Then we’re gonna realise why the effing eck have we closed the country down for a virus which you don’t even feel remotely different!!!

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Someone very soon is going to ask two very clear and simple questions:

1) How many of these 1000 day cases are asymptomatic, mild or severe. (My guess now is 90% plus asymptomatic).

2) Can asymptomatic paddy the virus on? (WHO say no) However we need some research behind this.

Then we’re gonna realise why the effing eck have we closed the country down for a virus which you don’t even feel remotely different!!!

Do you have any aged close relatives?

are you happy for them to die earlier than they would have as a consequence of corona?

The bloke I know who had covid-19 has had his health absolutely trashed. 
he has had multiple organ failure. Is so weak he can hardly walk or talk.

would he still be subjected to testing every 28 days? 
if he died would he now no longer count as a victim of coronavirus??

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The bloke I know who had covid-19 has had his health absolutely trashed. 
he has had multiple organ failure. Is so weak he can hardly walk or talk.

would he still be subjected to testing every 28 days? 
if he died would he now no longer count as a victim of coronavirus??

Can you refrain from using real life examples please? It makes some of the weak arguments on here even weaker.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Have they said that?

I thought the whole danger with asymptomic folk was that they might be passing it on without even knowing that they have it.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

are you happy for them to die earlier than they would have as a consequence of corona?

Of course that is a fear here but I’m not going to let myself be paralysed by this fear and not get on with life.

Every year I could pass on Flu to that elderly relative, die in a car crash taking them to the Derby matches or pass on any hidden illness of any type.

The fact is we’ve shut up shop now, become social recluses, and damaged our mental health so badly for what is now such a low likelihood of happening that actually that car accident poses a bigger threat to life.

Genuinely when will you consider yourself safe again to get back to normal? Even a vaccine doesn’t guarantee security so does that mean you’ll keep yourself locked up forever?

17 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The Sith lord attended as well after passing his eye test in Barnard Castle

I had one yesterday. 11 to go.

"Barnard Castle Eye Test" is a beer by Brewdog. 6% IPA - not bad but not particularly subtle.

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

Actually, thinking about it, it makes perfect sense. Kill off the feeble old parasites and, hey presto, no more huge pension funds and people can then revert to retiring at 65 safe in the knowledge that they won't be a drain on resources for more than a year or two afterwards.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Of course that is a fear here but I’m not going to let myself be paralysed by this fear and not get on with life.

Every year I could pass on Flu to that elderly relative, die in a car crash taking them to the Derby matches or pass on any hidden illness of any type.

The fact is we’ve shut up shop now, become social recluses, and damaged our mental health so badly for what is now such a low likelihood of happening that actually that car accident poses a bigger threat to life.

Genuinely when will you consider yourself safe again to get back to normal? Even a vaccine doesn’t guarantee security so does that mean you’ll keep yourself locked up forever?

The only thing that damages my mental health is reading some of the utter rubbish you write.

9 hours ago, Srg said:

1st new cases 771 - 109 cases 
2nd new cases 744 - 27 cases
3rd new cases 938 + 194 cases
4th new cases 670 - 268 cases
5th new cases 892 + 222 cases
6th new cases 950 + 58 cases
7th new cases 871 - 89 cases
8th new cases 758 - 113 cases
9th new cases 1062 + 304 cases 
10th new cases 816 - 246 cases
11th new cases 1148 + 330 cases