Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Good to see our publicly funded privately run world beating test and trace is working so well, that the number of highly trained staff being used to run it is now being cut by a third.

Odd that this world beating service is now passing the onus of contacting possible contagious members of the public, on to local councils.

They watched everything on Netflix so there was no point keeping them on.

On 10/08/2020 at 22:06, reverendo de duivel said:

Yeah.

VD, many years back.

Bloody hell vicar. Your back story gets ever more naughty.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Common sense eh, 1 million unemployed and now were in recession. Well played common sense, hope you lock down forever brigade are happy. The I’m all right Jack attitude is terrifying 

No just untill there is decent test and trace system still waiting on the world beating app.

I've not read anything about the impact of Covid on HS2. Regardless if you thought it was a good idea or not, the probable shift to working from home could well be the end of it.

They've made a bit of a mess around Euston but not sure if much else has been started on yet. Maybe they will bring back legendary pub Bree Louise just behind Euston Square tube.

I personal believe that uk goverment want scared of own shadiow I also think death rates not as high as they making out to be.

I seen no end of people not wearing masks in shops but yet staff being not challege it. 

Just leave them alone yet I made a little mistake in a shop yet member of staff had a right go at me even through I got viscer on I did not understand signs meant on floor I said sorry said I got auriustim and learning differcults she looked rather sad in the end. She said I did know you were.

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've not read anything about the impact of Covid on HS2. Regardless if you thought it was a good idea or not, the probable shift to working from home could well be the end of it.

They've made a bit of a mess around Euston but not sure if much else has been started on yet. Maybe they will bring back legendary pub Bree Louise just behind Euston Square tube.

You've not seen the building site that's location for the new HS2 station in Birmingham then.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Definitely going ahead, work has started already on the southern section and Govt funds are in place. 

The stretch around Birmingham begins in earnest towards the end of the year according to the  contractors schedule, but it may slip into Q2 2021.  

The main benefits of HS2 was to take freight off the roads and use rail instead. 

On 11/08/2020 at 17:34, G STAR RAM said:

So the only people dying were the most vulnerable and frail?

Really makes you wonder why we closed down the whole economy doesn't it?

No conspiracy theory really is it, just pointing out the obvious I think.

Maybe if we had just quarantined the most vulnerable, and let everyone carry on as normal, we could even be near the stage where we could back to normal now.

Instead we had 'experts' telling us that the Government were reacting too slow and should be bringing the whole country to a standstill.

Experts like @Eddie ?

I find it very frustrating at the big sporting events when everyone will have been tested that the staff are still wearing the masks, or the subs on the bench and so on.

Then you kick each other to death for 90 mins and then do an elbow bump at the end!!!

You are tested twice a week, just act normal!

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I find it very frustrating at the big sporting events when everyone will have been tested that the staff are still wearing the masks, or the subs on the bench and so on.

Then you kick each other to death for 90 mins and then do an elbow bump at the end!!!

You are tested twice a week, just act normal!

Why is it frustrating for you?

Archived