Coronavirus

1of4

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw some pictures of Southend beach earlier today.  It's that packed they may as well be wrestling whilst licking each others faces.  Bit like Matlock Bath at the weekend. Am I the only one becoming increasingly bemused about what we should be doing ? should I just carry on as normal and do what I want and see who I want.  Any clarity gratefully received.

No.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw some pictures of Southend beach earlier today.  It's that packed they may as well be wrestling whilst licking each others faces.  Bit like Matlock Bath at the weekend. Am I the only one becoming increasingly bemused about what we should be doing ? should I just carry on as normal and do what I want and see who I want.  Any clarity gratefully received.

The guidance is pretty clear (I think). It's just that some people are not following them. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Follow the rules. I'd like to think that what some others are doing will become a self-correcting problem and that their karma alone will not be good, but unfortunately they will drag others down with them.

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Follow the rules. I'd like to think that what some others are doing will become a self-correcting problem and that their karma alone will not be good, but unfortunately they will drag others down with them.

Put them under house arrest I say. Then let them moan.

The rules are pretty clear. 

Can only meet 1 person at a time outside your household at a park or similar. 

Work from home if you can. 

Duty to avoid public transport 

Can enjoy outside with people from your household. 

Golf, fishing, tennis okay if with your own household. 

No gatherings at private homes or gardens with people outside your household.

Id say you haven't read the rules if it's not clear what they are. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Put them under house arrest I say. Then let them moan.

Pah! I can do it standing on my head now. The fact that I am getting 3 beer orders a week helps, of course.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

they are all clearly morons. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Buy a truckload of sand?

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

Some bad news:

According to Horizon on the BBC last night, there are 200 viruses that they know can jump from one species to another (such as the various corona viruses) but there are believed to be half a million with the potential. Somewhat sobering. Which I hadn't watched the programme. 

So very frustratingly at the moment we can’t register our child’s birth to get a birth certificate.

As we can’t get a birth certificate, we can’t get a passport.

Now we were hoping to go on holiday in August (driving to Holland, 50/50 chance of happening as I see it) but if we can’t get a passport in time that would just be a real pisser!

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So very frustratingly at the moment we can’t register our child’s birth to get a birth certificate.

Now we were hoping to go on holiday in August (driving to Holland, 50/50 chance of happening as I see it) but if we can’t get a passport in time that would just be a real pisser!

scared home alone GIF

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Plenty nice holidays in england mate and maybe tad cheaper mate.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Plenty nice holidays in england mate and maybe tad cheaper mate.

No thanks - not with the fookwittery of British people as shown by the pictures today.

Either way - tickets and so on were booked in December.

Sith Happens
21 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Holidays in the uk are no cheaper B4 in fact like for like they are more expensive.

You are right, we have a farmhouse in france booked beginning of september, 3 bedrooms, hot tub, pool, stunning location, even with the cost of fuel, the tunnel etc its still loads cheaper than what we have been looking at as a possible alternative over here should we not be able to go.

Still got my fingers crossed for that trip.

Archived